• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Intervention - Over the top?

Honestly, i think some of those people are just pseudo-wanna-be druggies. Like the people wo claim to be opiate addicts, in the proper sense mind you, as in addicted so bad, but are just omnoming hydros. Or the people who just do drugs period, not a specific one, ive seen that a few times. Lacey K hit the needle on the head, up there. I did see one dude who was horrible once though on there, he was a hobo who was shooting more than a g of tar at once in his ass..cause he had no veins anywhere at all, so he started IMing.

Who pays for the rehab?

Do the interevention folks fork out the cash, or does it come from the family...?

(btw I have no idea what a rehab stint would cost in the U.S)

LOL @ lacey, your first post was probably the most un-objective post lol. who are you to say who's addicted or not? or who are you to rate degree of addictions based on a tv show? just because you were "hardcore" and hustled the streets doing wreckless things to support your habit doesn't mean you're more addicted. everyone's minds are different and a 40$/day habit for one person might be far more suffering than another person w/ a 100$/day habit. but yes, some of those people appear to have less severe addictions than people we know, but that's our subjective view...

intervention is one of them shows i cannot stand. imo it would seem if an addict isnt ready to get help then how is 3 months rehab going to cure you. id have no problem with the show if in the end the ppl or willing to go to treatment not forced into it. internvention can die

LOL @ lacey, your first post was probably the most un-objective post lol. who are you to say who's addicted or not? or who are you to rate degree of addictions based on a tv show? just because you were "hardcore" and hustled the streets doing wreckless things to support your habit doesn't mean you're more addicted. everyone's minds are different and a 40$/day habit for one person might be far more suffering than another person w/ a 100$/day habit. but yes, some of those people appear to have less severe addictions than people we know, but that's our subjective view...

Did you read my second post?

Just curious.

yup. You cant force someone to get clean..if they want to keep getting high, they will. While i dont necessarily endorse drug addiction, making the life of an addict as bad as possible (eg. throwing your kid out on the street) just gives them more reason to use. I dont know bout addiction..i dont like opiates, sounds bad. I crave speed, but thats mainly just from starting out getting fucked up every night, expecting to do that every night, and speed replaced small doses of benzos. I dont have a proper habit, not close. I use medicinally..thats hte only reason id touch the shit, cause its free, available and fun.

The show getting too over the top indeed. I remember the first season treated addicts like they were human beings. Now, it all about showing as much CRAZYNESS they can to get ratings.

plus the addicts on the show have usually been addicted for 5+ years. I don't know how legit that is ut they seem to handpick the worst cases for more entertainment

They pick the most dumbasses for entertainment. They just need LIFE intervention, fuck I have done much worse than they could imagine and I'm managing in life and doing just as well as ever.

I haven't read the entire thread but it's obvious that people act differently when you put a camera in front of them.

Not only that but it would be pretty boring to watch some people all strung out. Like in my worst the majority of the show would be me waiting for someone to call me, to give me a ride, front some money, or front a bag or maybe a trip to the pawn shop. And me just sitting around being dopesick and miserable. Basically me bitching and complaining, begging, being selfish and then finally getting high and acting 'normal'. it wouldn't be compelling television at all.

so they find people who are already fucked up, put a camera in front of them so they act even more fucked up and then edit the show dramatically to make otherwise normal (boring) addict behavior appear extremely fucked up and exciting. IMO it's the combination of these 3 that make the show. And season after season they have to continually step it up.

I'm not a fan. I don't like the 12 step approach or the one size fits all attitude towards recovery.

the people at A&E are not stupid. i think that they pick people with small habits, or stupid drugs on purpose. the people who watch the show WANT to see the people get better at the end of the show, how many people doing 25+ bags a day will get clean on their first try from an intervention? most likely none, that doesnt make for good ratings either, so they really exaggerate everything else to make it seem like its really bad, and when they get the people clean its more like OMFG!!!!!

yea the really fat kid who ate to much and the kid who was addicted to dxm, and that girl who loved huffing computer duster are the best.

the girl who huffed duster appeared normal at the end of the show while she was in rehab, i wonder how she is not fucking retarded from huffing 10 cans a day

Last edited:
I really wanted them to say how dangerous the acetomenophen (tylenol) was for the girl that was taking soo many percocet at a time. Its like 150-200mgs of oxycodone isn't gonna kill the girl. She will be sick and in w.d's. But apap in the percocet is def killing her liver. I wanted to see across the black screen in white writing "acetominophen is an over the counter drug found in percocet. The acetominophen causes liver failure in X amount of Americans every year when abused"

I really wanted them to say how dangerous the acetomenophen (tylenol) was for the girl that was taking soo many percocet at a time. Its like 150-200mgs of oxycodone isn't gonna kill the girl. She will be sick and in w.d's. But apap in the percocet is def killing her liver. I wanted to see across the black screen in white writing "acetominophen is an over the counter drug found in percocet. The acetominophen causes liver failure in X amount of Americans every year when abused"

OMG i was thinking the same thing the whole show. I could not believe they did not once mention that shit. I lol'ed at the end when it was like 3 weeks after getting out of rehab she up and left her family. Its like great job intervention you totally fucked those peoples lives up. But yea I cringed everytime she ate 10 percs at a time thats like 5 grams of apap a dose.

I didn't see the ending, I changed the channel when I saw she liked to burn herself with cigarettes. I was wondering what the outcome was so thanks for writing that. Yea some addiction, getting fed pain killers by the doc and mommy, and chilling in a nice house all day on the couch.

When I watched that episode, I had my doubts about her addiction to say the least. First off, they claim she takes up to 50 percocets a day, prolonged use like that would surely end in liver failure. Second, where does she get all those perc's from? She would need to get like 10 diff scripts a month. That shit was fake, just like the show. And i hate that dr phil lookin motherfucker at the end.

I'll agree with what some of Lacey said and I disagree with what some of she said. There are some truely outlandish, over the top, for entertainment purposes episodes. And yea the thing about some of the people being "young in the game", not having the experiences I have had or Lacey has had or a lot of people on the forums have had. How bad do these people have it? Is it over the top? Some episodes that come to mind for me like HendrixHaze mentioned was Chucky, the son of the lead singer of Three Dog Night who was a heroin addict living in a motel in LA enabled by his mom. He was fucked up and lucky he came from a wealthy family. His mom gave him money and drove him to Skid Row and he bought dope (all on film) and then he convinced her to fix in her car. When the intervention ended, and we all thought it turned out happy go lucky and things got better and he got clean like his parents, he's sitting in LA County Jail for stealing a car and selling it or some shit. Another one was the heroin addict, former 5 star chef living in Denver. He practically hustled all day on the streets of Denver waiting like 12 hours for his ex girlfriend to pick him up so he had a place to sleep and eat. (She did just for the intervention) other than that, that was his lost chance. He was an amazing chef who came into a large settlement after an accident and partied hard and became addicted to heroin over the years, then at his lowest. He recovered and seemed much better after staying at the treatment center. This was like the first season. A real good episode. There's also an episode about a champion speed bike rider who is addicted to crack. That's a good one. A lot of them are over the top, like that Asian fent addict with the mental issues.

But if you want real shit check out "Dope Sick Love". It's a documentary and follows two couples in NYC through addiction and some crazy shit. And also another one is "High on Crack St: Lowell, MA" or something. It's about a group of crackheads in Lowell, MA, one of them used to be a professional boxer and fought some big name (Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes or somebody) on live TV HBO. Crazy stuff. That kind of shit hits home. Watch hit and see what happens to these people at the ends and especially that boxer, I think his name is Mickey. Watch the real documentaries over the made for TV shit.