• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

what drugs do you wish were never created?

meth,
fentanyl
heroin
oxycodone
crack

Yeah. The problem being that i dont mind milder or dilute versions of these drugs (ephedrine is naturally occuring and is a good decongestant, poppies are a source of opiods and using opiods for pain is often necessary, cocaine in the coca leaf is a healthy, mild stimulant, along the lines of coffee and is good for jet lag, nausea, etc)

none, I'm feeling very zen buddhist. or taoist. nothing is good or bad. it is our judgement that causes all of our suffering.

Now I do wish some drugs were never combined, like say acetaminophen and hydrocodone, I'm thinking of all the wasted livers of people who didn't know any better.

opiates, coz they have screwed with my life sometimes for better, but mostly for worst....

Meth; I've never tried it, but it really messes up your body. And labs put the environment, and innocent bystanders in danger.

Alcohol; most drunks I know act like douche bags and all it does is make me sleepy.

Anything with a higher risk-to-benefit ratio serves no purpose except destroying individuals and burdening society.

In my opinion, the following drugs are just unnecessarily powerful and/or ridiculously harmful:

IV heroin
Crystal meth
Crack cocaine
Tobacco (shouldn't be extinct, but should be more tightly controlled IMO)
Bromo-dragonfly
Inhalants, i.e. paint, duster, glue, gasoline, etc.
Fentanyl (so much more powerful than heroin, yet doesn't get half the bad publicity)
Alcohol (again, it has its uses but should be more closely regulated)

In my mind, if some of the "softer" drugs were legal and therefore purer and more affordable, use of these harder drugs would likely dwindle dramatically. Who is going to huff paint when REAL hallucinogens are easily available? Same goes for research chemicals, most of which have no history of human use and might well kill a person but are the only legal alternative for altering consciousness.

Now for the "drugs that should be decriminalized/regulated immediately" list:

Marijuana
Mushrooms, mescaline and LSD
Opium poppies
Coca
Khat
MDMA
Ephedra

^There you have a fine variety of stimulants, hallucinogens, empathogens and opiates to choose from, most of which grow out of the ground and have been shown to be benign when used responsibly.

I have tried everything else but I will not experiment with nicotine.

Good decision. I hate cigarettes, but a couple of years ago I was in a check out line at a gas station and purchased Grizzly wintergreen pouches. They are fine cut tobacco in a pouch you put between your lip (dipping tobacco). So it's very clean and convenient.

I popped one in when I got to the car. 50 seconds later, down the road, I had to pull over and lay the seat back. I was extremely dizzy. For some reason I did it again. And again. And yet again. Now I am dependent on nicotine. I use 1 can a day. I'm really considering quitting.

All of them? I'd probably be better off. The only one that's debatable is marijuana, at this point in my life I just don't know yet.

Well none, but when you start to thing then ALCOHOL. It has caused most of the problems of all the drugs.

As much as I enjoy it personally, I'm going to have to go with meth. As they say, never did anybody any good, and did a lot of people a lot of harm. There would be close to absolutely 'zero' downsides if methamphetamine were to cease to exist.

Outside of the incredibly small portion of the population who have severe ADD or narcolepsy and don't respond well to other stimulants, it has no practical application, at the very best you have some mindless hedonistic pleasure followed by a crushing comedown (leaving it, at best, a neutral factor in your life), at the worst a severe addiction that rapes the mind and the body and leaves the user permamantly damaged. There are a lot of ways you can have fun and do a fraction of the damage to yourself that meth causes. There's no net benefit to meth, even the enjoyable high is cancelled out by the crushing comedown and the long term anhedonia, which is generally self medicated with, you guessed it, more meth.

I'd have to say meth. I've never had any experience with it, and I hope I never do. i've never seen anything wreak as much havok on a person's life. And the saddest thing is that homemade meth is just one in a long, long line of terrible side effects of drug prohibition. If you could legally go out and buy a similar but safer stimulant for a reasonable price, meth would probably either not exist, or at least be much less prevalant. And the same can be argued for crack.

Also, inhalants are fucking awful. And also probably would be much less likely to be abused in the absence of prohhibition.

^ Definitely, it's affordable at first, one hit can last all day, and it makes you feel incredible. Recipe for disaster if I've ever seen one.

Mephedrone, because its gotta be the greatest drug ive ever tried, and i come down pretty hard

Are you joking ten minutes of an MDMA like beautiful floaty feeling followed by a whole night of doing more to try and recapture that initial rush.......Meph is shite

I'd have to go with meth for sure. Its horrific. crack and oxy/other opiates are not far behind, the addictive potential with these and the degradation of mind and body they cause are a cancer in many societies, they create more 'fiends' than pretty much any other drug.