• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My puke is blue but i didnt eat or drink anything blue

Libby

Bluelighter
My puke, its blue. It looks like watered down poweraide. I havnt had any poweraide tho in fact i had not eaten or drunken a single thing in over a day, and i just got a glass of water and shortly after puked blue water. I didnt eat or drink anything blue, so what could've caused this?

Do you remember eating any smurfs?

Seriously though I have no idea...maybe wait for a response in here or if you feel its more urgent contact a doctor asap!

have you had any other symptoms? such as a rash, fever, skin blistering, decrease/increase in urination?

how long have you been vomiting this blue colour for?

have you been in contact with any kind of caustic chemicals or pest killers?

I'm gonna go to sleep now Libby, but you need to think seriously about whether you have come into contact with any kind of dangerous chemicals like pesticides or any kind of poison.

If you continue to be sick over the next few hours, please call a doctor asap. Also please make sure that there is someone with you at the moment.

I hope you get better <3

I havnt been in contact with any chemicals except for drugs. Im not ill, i just puked the once and my tummy has settled. I always puke if i get on drugs and dont eat anything or drink anything for couple days and come down feeling pukey. The only thing unusual is that it was blue. My pee isnt blue, i mean its super concentrated due to dehydration but not blue. I dont know why if i spew up blue i dont also pee blue. My gear didnt have any blue tinge to it, white like normal, my weed is green which is close to blue, but i smoked it, i didnt eat it! I just dont get it *shrug* must've been something in something that i injected, something that doesnt belong.

must've been something in something that i injected, something that doesnt belong.

probably :\ glad youre ok :) no idea why your sick was blue other than that, hope it doesnt happen again! :/

Same thing happened to me the other day except it was red like gatorade fruit punch red. But it wasn't blood.

An idea that might not be the right answer, some food coloring can change to some strange different colors in the stomach or bowel. Blue food coloring can be a component in things colored green or purple.

I did not find much medical literature about blue vomit but here is something from the correspondence area of the 19 November 1966 British Medical Journal:

Blue Vomit
SIR,-Recently I was called to see a girl
aged 4 years who had had abdominal pain
and vomiting for 24 hours. As I was taking
the history from the parents the child vomited
once again. To my surprise, and that of her
mother, the vomit appeared blue. Its volume
was about 50 ml., and on standing a powdery
substance fell to the bottom of the container.
This was a rather beautiful pale cobalt. The
supernatant fluid was colourless. Observation
was carried out in daylight, but the vomit was
unfortunately not kept. A previous vomit
had been put by for my inspection; this
showed gastric juice coloured green by
regurgitated bile.
On questioning, the mother stated that the
child had been given sips of diluted orange
squash or water in the past 24 hours. A
kaolin mixture had also been given, fourhourly.
There had been no opportunity totake
any other drink such as blackcurrant
juice, nor to suck any paint or ink.
Examination of the patient showed evidence
of appendicitis, and appendicectomy was
carried out successfully a few hours later. As
far as I know there was no more blue vomiting.
I cannot suggest a satisfactory reason for
the production of the blue colour. Bile pigments
had probably been adsorbed by the
kaolin, but why blue, a primary colour, had
resulted I do not know. Perhaps your
correspondents can provide an explanation ?
-I am, etc.,
Bristol. A. P. RADFORD.

you sure it wasn't green? bile is green. Did you puke in a toilet that has the blue toilet cleaner water, maybe that's what you're seeing.

Nope no blue pills.

I puked in the kitchen sink (directly after drinking glass of water, hense no time to go to loo) so it wasn't blue loo stuff.

It may have been green I guess, but I thought it looked more blue.

The stuff about different foods making differnt colours once in tummy is interesting, but I hadn't eaten a single thing in 3 days so I don't think there was anything in my tummy at all, just that glass of water that went in clear and came out blue.

I may be wrong and you should double check but I think it is normal to through up blue when there is nothing in your stomach. This cam happen to anyone. Stomach bile is blue(I think) and it is not a sign of illness at all as far as I know. Stomach juices which are developed by the liver(once again I'm just guessing) are blue and or greenish. This is not a bad thing. It is normal.
All that said if you have a gut feeling something may be wrong then I would reccomend going on your instinct as first instincts are usually dead on. Visit your Dr and tell him about your situatuion. If nothing else you will at least have peece of mind. If in doubt ? Sere your Dr. If you do not wish to ask your Dr for any reason then go to a clinic where you can remain annonymous but still get your ticket of health. I hope you sort it out quickly as there is no good reason to worry unecessarily. For what it's worth I through up blue on occasion when my stomach is empty. I know it is normal.

Throwing up a vivid blue is not normal.

Bile is greenish, and on an empty stomach it would actually make sense.

Are you sure it was blue?

What color was the sink? Sometimes colors change on various surfaces...