• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

crystal discussion

I have no inclination whatsoever to somehow "quantify" my experiences - it's a personal thing, if it works for you, great, if it doesn't, then find something that does :)
]

You misunderstood me of you think I meant it in that way. I was only using that world in reference to the difficulty of giving any reasonable proof that crystals have an effect on the intensity or character of a trip.

I am actually saying it is very difficult and in many ways impossible "quantify" a psychedelic experience from person to person and even trip to trip, not suggesting that I or you should try to. It is a very subjective experience.

Mainly you'd do it if you did have an understanding of crystals.

I had always thought it was new-age gibberish too, until I actually had several tryptamine experiences dramatically enhanced by various powerful crystals.

Flame away, ye noble upholders of the 'scientific' paradigm :)

Usually I hate this kind of "new-age" babble, but you won me over somehow with the fact that you knew you were gonna get flamed anyway. :)

Personally, I believe there is no possible way anything is "transferring" from the crystal TO the drug to potentiate it...

But I DO believe that if you buy crystals thinking they will work... and you believe they will work... then the placebo effect, which is probably stronger than 90% of the drugs we're all taking anyway, will kick in.

And hey, isn't that basically the same thing as the crystals working? ;)

wow bluelight is full of such non-believing debbie downers. The crystals only give you energy if you believe you have any to put out. How about trying it? It's part of the earth which is part of us. These crystals are beautiful for a reason and resonate.

Although I don't agree with this theory in the least. I don't think it really should move to the spiritually section for some reason...

wow bluelight is full of such non-believing debbie downers. The crystals only give you energy if you believe you have any to put out. How about trying it? It's part of the earth which is part of us. These crystals are beautiful for a reason and resonate.

Wouldn't this basically confirm it as a placebo effect?

'It only works if you believe it will'

H
So I don't really know what the situation is. Perhaps it is purely the resonance between the living cells of my body and the subtle energetic vibration of the mineral.

What does that MEAN? You do realize you abused all those words; in English, that sentence is gibberish.

What is an "energetic vibration"?

Wouldn't this basically confirm it as a placebo effect?

'It only works if you believe it will'

^But isn't Love kind of the same way? It typically manifests only if you believe in its possibility, at least... if you don't believe in it... it dissipates... and yet to describe Love as a placebo effect would be absurd...

Crystals are condensed gobs of Mama's Love... they cannot be adequately apprehended by the rational mind, and will remain forever placebo for those who insist on doing so... (not saying that's you, Delta-9 :) )

It's a dance... wordless, elemental, empty... (again: ) if you don't jive with the rhythm, find a different partner :)

Last edited:
What does that MEAN? You do realize you abused all those words; in English, that sentence is gibberish.

What is an "energetic vibration"?

I respectfully disagree; there are plenty of people who'd completely understand what I'm on about. Nor do I think that language needs the precision and unambiguity of a mathematical equation. Just think of all the great works of literature that must be "gibberish" by your standards.

An energetic vibration is a vibration of energy. If I can't get more precise than that, it's because our language and vocabulary is not sufficiently evolved, not because these words have been "abused". And all the interesting stuff happens far beyond language's scope, anyway :) The map is not the territory, and the signifier is not the signified...

31.jpg

Bad crystal?

An energetic vibration is a vibration of energy. If I can't get more precise than that, it's because our language and vocabulary is not sufficiently evolved, not because these words have been "abused". And all the interesting stuff happens far beyond language's scope, anyway :) The map is not the territory, and the signifier is not the signified...

If you can't get more precise than that, it's because you're spouting bullshit.

"A vibration of energy" literally makes no sense. There are no electromagnetic waves emanating from a crystal and hitting your body. Energy can't vibrate; vibration refers to an oscillation of MATTER about an equilibrium point. Energy causes vibrations, it doesn't vibrate.

I may be spouting bullshit, but at least I'm much nicer and have a sense of humor about it ;) <3

Probably due to all these beautiful crystals around me! =D

There's far too much fantasy and delusion being taken seriously in this world. I don't want to be nice about it.

Usually I hate this kind of "new-age" babble, but you won me over somehow with the fact that you knew you were gonna get flamed anyway. :)

Personally, I believe there is no possible way anything is "transferring" from the crystal TO the drug to potentiate it...

But I DO believe that if you buy crystals thinking they will work... and you believe they will work... then the placebo effect, which is probably stronger than 90% of the drugs we're all taking anyway, will kick in.

And hey, isn't that basically the same thing as the crystals working? ;)
QFT

I think beleiving something is real makes it real too the believer.
So in that sense it is real and does work.

I don't agree with any of your crystal talk, but I do agree with this! :)

QFT x2

There is no reason to get hostile when discussing these things..
Perhaps just agreeing to disagree.

<3

wow bluelight is full of such non-believing debbie downers.
Seriously, QFT. I mean, people get all up in my grill just because I hunted a species of rare butterfly to extinction in order to make necklaces from the wings that make my clients' hearts flutter and swell with the sweet sweet nectar of love, or just because I pluck the eyes out of bats and eat them to gain their powers of night vision (If bats don't see super good in the dark, then how do they fly so well at night? Explain that with your science, scientists! You can't! It's all part of the impenetrable fractal mystery of the world!). And what's with all the hubbub about me kidnapping my cousin with a coronary whatzitz whozits from the logic and science fascists at the hospital in order to treat her aching heart with soothing homeopathic balms (may she rest in peace)? Even if my magical beliefs aren't "true," what harm could come of them, huh?

Oh I kid, I kid... sort of. One magical belief about quartz is its ability to harmonize its wearer with nature, yet like any mining quartz mining is highly destructive to the environment. There are a million other things we participate in as members of an industrialized society that are worse than buying a few crystals to harmonize with nature of course, but if that's our intent few of these other things are as ironic.

like any mining quartz mining is highly destructive to the environment.

This is an excellent point, thanks for making it.

Although I think your analogies are slightly misplaced, at least in relation to my own approach and understanding of these things...

^Yeah, I had to sidestep a little to make my joke, which is addressed less to any individual in this thread and more to a hyperbolic mock-up to make a point. I've been re-reading The Golden Bough (full ebook) anthropology text recently and thinking of the ways a common mistake in the association of ideas, explicated as The Law of Similarity and the Law of Contagion in the book (ctrl+F for them), has reaped destruction and suffering throughout history.