• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

most potent strain of psilocybe cubensis spores to cultivate??

coombesy

Bluelighter
what strain of psilocybe cubensis spores produce mushrooms that give the most potent visuals??...

None, they're all the same.

It depends how you're feeling - if it's a sunny day and you're in a good mood you might get the best visuals in the world. If it's pissing down with rain and your girlfriend has just fucked off the visuals might not be so good. It's really got nothing to do with the cubensis strain.

there is one strain of cubensis that is noticeably more potent than the others-- 'albino penis envy' is a hybrid of F-albino and the penis envy strain. these mushrooms are difficult to grow well, but are crossed with deep blue veins that rival the potency of ps. cyanescens on a gram for gram basis.

mycotopia is a great community for your growing questions btw.

"yeh" mite have to get some of them albino penis envy hahaha

ok i admit im not overly knowlegable on this subject so what is the most potent strain of mushroom spores available for "research purposes" in the uk? or are they all the same, i have taken a fair amount of magic mushrooms over a fair while but they were always the same so dont have any experience with diffrent types

Do you have any previous experience with mushroom cultivation and do you know what you're are getting yourself into?

Basically the most potent are P. Cyanescens and P. Azurescens and you can grow them outside. Should be equally available as Cubensis spores right? Takes the better part of a year though but you can do bulk and only needs some work in the beginning.
Otherwise just start with a fast-colonizing Cubensis, maybe start with PF classic or B+.
But potency-wise it doesn't matter that much between substrains.

i dont have any previous experience in growing mushrooms but have cultivated weed before to a high standard, i know this is completely different but i understand the amout of care and attention that goes into cultivating anything
i think i may start with the cubensis can P. Cyanescens and P. Azurescens be cutivated outside in the uk or is the weather not right?

The weather is fine as long as you don't start the outside phase until after there is no more frost.

I am currently dealing with P. Azurescens, right now it is growing here in a thing in my room until it's ready to mix with wood and throw in a hole in the ground outside. Januari-februari is the time to start with Azures and Cyans so don't wait too long!
Sometimes they are seen as somewhat more advanced to cultivate than Cubensis but I think it's doable for a beginner considering what you have to do for it.
I also have 2 types of Cubensis and planning on starting with philosophers stones as well.
My Cubensises are Cambodian and Golden Teachers....

If you start with Cubensis definitely try the PF Tek, and remember the Shotgun Tek.

i was thinking about growing the cubensis in the grow bag/grow kits you can buy on the internet as u can do thi in your house completely from start to finish or are these crap and the pf tek or shotgun tek give better results
i dont know what these teks are yet i will do my research if they give a lot better product and think i may stay to growing inside for this year and attempt a bigger outside crop for next year

Depends, do you think it would be a nice hobby or are you in it purely for the harvest. Is it a one time thing or wouldn't you mind a constant flow?

It would require some enthousiasm, and expect pay it a good deal of attention but it's not rocket science and totally doable. The trickiest thing is to keep stuff sterile. And it takes some investment in a pressure cooker and other material.

I used a growkit once, it was expensive as hell and got spoiled with the wrong kind of fungues before producing enough mushrooms. Never again.
I'm the handy kind of guy so no problem here. It's rewarding and fun, but see it through to the end or don't do it at all.

Not that PF / Shotgun Tek is more reliable, it depends just as well on clean handling and no contamination with bacteria and stuff, only if you get your own material you can try again and again if you fail. With a growkit, you're done.

Try seeing it as going to a restaurant for a high price on a simple meal or getting ingredients at home to cook for the entire week. If you want to keep eating, the restaurant is going to cost you a fortune.

lucky me my mum already has a pressure cooker :D waht other material is required or should i stop being lazy and do my own research lol
i would like a nice flow as the acid supply round here has dried up and altough i now can get dmt pretty much anytime i like (mhrb extraction) i cant see myself wanting dmt every time i want to trip

Right, a shot out of a cannon is a bit overkill intensity-wise and short duration-wise if you just want to go on a nice vacation to journey. :)

Please check shroomery.org for the teks on mushroom cultivation. Basically you would need:
a big rubbermade or tupperware box or terrarium, perlite, vermiculite, a sort of flour like rye, whole-grain cereal or whole-grain rice flour, water, widemouth jars or filterboxes, spores and you're almost there.

Right, a shot out of a cannon is a bit overkill intensity-wise and short duration-wise if you just want to go on a nice vacation to journey. :)

thanks solipsis youve been very helpful but i dont quite understand this ^^

i will let you know how things go when they are on the go :D:D

I'm assuming he was talking about the intensity of breakthrough DMT compared to a longer lasting but less intense psychedelic like mushrooms or acid. DMT is like a rocket ride to outer space for a few minutes; the others are like a nice vacation to kandi land ;)

Good luck with your grow project. Shroomery.org is another popular forum for mushroom enthusiasts and has lots of teks and growing advice.

ahh now i get it, apolagies for being stoned lol
hopefully i can produce something to be proud of, i would like a nice steady supply of shrooms and dmt so i can live my life in kandi land and take the rocket ride to outer space once in a while

I would most certainly say that different strains will produce mildly different yet still noticeable effects from one to the other including a notable change in potency.

but most of your potency is much more likely a result of proper growing.

so, have i got this right here: p azurescens can be grown outdoors in UK?
and sub-question: do they happen to grow in uk naturally?
anyone had good yeilds in or outdoors in uk?