• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Teva Fentanyl Patches??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneaky Jr

Greenlighter
Let me start with the fact that I am very knowledgeable and careful when dosing with fentanyl. I also searched this specific topic and could only find one or two related posts.

My preferred method of abusing fentanyl is sub-lingual, and I have been able to do that with all brand patches that I have come across except these retarded Teva brand patches. If I get gel (reservoir) patches, I cut the plastic off from around the sides to reduce size (but still sealed.) Then I fold them up into the smallest square I can and poke 2-3 holes through the entire thing with a pin. Then I just let it sit under my tongue and titrate to effect. I do the same thing with the Mylan brand (Non-gel) patches, except I don't poke holes. I just fold the Mylan patches once (sticky side out of course) and place under tongue. I get about the same high with either of these brands.

The problem I have is that I recently fell into some Teva brand (silicone?) fentanyl patches and they don't seam to have any real effect sub-lingually. From what I can tell, the drug is dispersed homogeneously throughout a sticky silicone gum which is adhered to a thin metallic foil. First I tried using it like I use Mylan patches (fold sticky side out and place under tongue), but I couldn't really taste or feel the presence of fentanyl. I was EVENTUALLY successful in ripping all the sticky silicone off the foil and ended up with a dime size ball of a product that had the consistency of chewing gum. I thought this would be perfect as I could just chew it like gum and no one would be the wiser. This failed miserably as I have been chewing an entire 100mcg patch for the last 2 hrs and feel nothing.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with this brand patch?

If no one can help me, at least this post serves to warn anyone to stay away from TEVA brand patches.

Last edited:
I had some luck putting the tevas in my mouth. they taste bizarre but they worked if i did enough of them. But apparently there has been absorption problems with the tevas, even transdermally, from what pain patients have told me they dont work well at all.

I've heard of taking patches and dipping the gel out and rubbing it around on your gums. Unless you have the tolerance of an elephant I would shy away from this because you never know exactly how much is getting into your system, but if you can handle it you are just increasing the surface area and your gums have a fair amount of blood very close to the surface.

@Seco- there is no gel in these patches.

@pallidamors - I'm starting to think the silicone-fentanyl-matrix is not abusable, or at best....barely abusable. For example, I'm chewing on the "gum" from two brand new 100mcg patches and can only barely feel anything. Honestly, I think I felt more effect when I left the silicone gum on the foil and kept the flat patch pressed up against the roof of my mouth. . If I put a piece that is too big in my mouth then it folds in on itself and reduces drug-membrane surface area. You have to be careful with these cause if you let the sticky sides touch, then the patch is almost impossible to pull back flat and then you are left with all the drug "inside" the fold.

This is like an episode of twilight zone.....I have the equivalent of two 100mcg fentanyl patches in my mouth, but no way to get it in my blood stream. So close, yet so far away!

yeah, id say theyre barely abusable. when i had them i would normally take about half of a mylan 100 mcg at a time, but i needed just about the whole teva to feel anything. plus you get a nasty metallic taste and look like a cheap version of lil jon with the shiny aluminum grill hanging out in your mouth for all to see. about a week after my source got the patches, the pharmacy switched back to the mylan kind due to several complaints by patients.

Yeah I get off on Mylan just fine.

Who does TEVA think they are....trying to make their drugs less abusable. I think there is a special place in hell for companies like that. HeHe;)

Who does TEVA think they are....trying to make their drugs less abusable.
they generally also succeed in making them less effective. When the teva football oxy's were around there weren't many people happy with those, either.

teva patches suck. rite aid carries them so stay away from them. goto walgreens for the watson brand, watson and actavis are the only ones left with gel, sadly sandoz has fallen to the matrix style

When life qives you lemons...

Ok, I have to admit that the Aveva/Teva patches aren't my favorites either, but they seem to be proliferating at the pharmacies these days and so I thought I would give you a fictional account of one girl's successes with using them.

Granted gel gives you more options, but my friend realized that the metal side of the Aveva/Teva patch is just lovely for those interested in the heating pad/hot water bottle option. Granted this girl DOES have the tolerance of an elephant, so proceed accordingly...but you have several good options with these patches. Slap a few on, slap a heating pad over 'em and enjoy the nod.

Of course make sure you've had your USDA recommended amount of grapefruit juice for maximum effect.

If you are a sublingual/buccal user, these patches DO work. Don't try to use them like chewing gum - you need maximum surface area and patience.

When using them orally she makes sure her fingers are wet when handling them because, as mentioned in this thread, these are some sticky mofos. Her preferred method is to take a patch and either fold it in half, sticky sides out, or cut it equally in half, and place it inside her mouth against her cheek or, in the case of the folded patch, between the cheek and gum. Some patience, and you will be rewarded with a nice fentanyl effect. It comes on slowly, but stay aware and keep your dosage in check or you will waste it on a deep sleep, waking up with a sticky piece of what looks like mylar in your mouth.

Believe it or not, these patches actually contain MORE fentanyl than the gel-reservoir types. A 75mcg/hr Watson/Actavis patch contains 7.5 mg of fentanyl in the gel. The Aveva patch has 8.28mg.

That said, when she got a couple boxes of 100's today, she was glad to see "Watson" on the box and not "Aveva".

^What a great name "ActiqAnnie", I love it.....Welcome to Bluelight. Good 1st post... You sound like an intelagent woman.

Durogesic and durogesic,even the old with the gel,even the new ones matrix style.I use a 100mg every 2 days,so when i put a new one,i cut the 48 hour used patch in 2 pieces and i lick them,first the one and then the others.I'm straight,so don't do idiot thoughts,but i think that this is the best way to abuse,i put them in my gums and under my tonque and it didn't work as well..Allways waiting for new ideas to abuse,we need euphoria..Hello to ActiqAnnie,fentanyl lovers united...
:)

Durogesic and durogesic,even the old with the gel,even the new ones matrix style.I use a 100mg every 2 days,so when i put a new one,i cut the 48 hour used patch in 2 pieces and i lick them,first the one and then the others.I'm straight,so don't do idiot thoughts,but i think that this is the best way to abuse,i put them in my gums and under my tonque and it didn't work as well..Allways waiting for new ideas to abuse,we need euphoria..Hello to ActiqAnnie,fentanyl lovers united...
:)

As for the Durogesic patch being the best to abuse I have to disagree. I used the Tiva brand for over a year and I would take half of the 100 mcg/h patch and cut it in half. Then I would roll off the sticky adhesive substance. I would immediately put it into my mouth between my lower lip and gum like chewing tobacco and I just let it sit there.
For the record the Tiva brand 100 mcg/h patches contained 11.05 Mg of Fentanyl per patch.
As for the newer Sandoz matrix-styled patched I would either cut it into halfs or quarters and then place that piece directly on the top of my tounge with the adhesive side down. This by FAR gave me the best relief and high of ANY of the 100 mcg/h patches. And just for FYI the Sandoz 100 mcg/h patch contains a whopping 16.8 Mg of Fentanyl per patch.
As for the Shitty and WORTHLESS Mylan brand they contain only 10.2 Mg of Fentanyl per 100 mcg/h patch. You can extract the raw fent from the new Matrix style patches but it takes about an hour of your time. Here is a repost of the complete proceedure for doing that but it still does not change my mind of how poor in quality and strength the Mylan patches are!! Props to the OP I would list his name but cannot remember it. Sorry I had to repost I left out a big chunk of the process

Thanks for the info, I don't IV/IM myself but the information needs to be out there for harm reduction. More info on dosages too plz =D

All right, here are step by step instruction on how to extract fentanyl from the modern polymer matrix patches like Mylan brand and other non gel-reservoir patches (which all use this polymer matrix).

Don't let the length of this post intimidate you or stop you from using this process, I wrote it out in detail to explain the reasoning for how I chose each step and so it is extremely clear. It is very simple and takes an hour or two to prepare. I suppose I can go back and write the step by step cliff notes instructions and add them at the end.

Basically the key here is the extraction process and this only works for the Mylan matrix type patches which are what are on the market now since the gel patches are being phased out by doctors. They are thought to be much harder to abuse but the reality is you can do a much more efficient and easier extraction on them to abuse, but it is safer so it probably is for the better that these patches are dominating the market now.

The basic principle for using alcohol for extraction came from a medical journal article where they did exactly that to test the abuse potential of these patches. I used to be able to read the article in whole but now it seems you need a subscription everywhere to access the entire thing. I believe it is this one (http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=1bfafa7f8a2cb8991157d6af6b7a3439).

They took matrix type patches like the mylan and soaked them in methanol, ethanol (using normal 40% rum liquor), and I believe isopropyl. The results were that in an hour with no heat over 97% (I forget the exact figure, I think it was higher around 99%) of fentanyl was extracted with methanol and over 90% with rum, and the other alcohol used was somewhere in the middle.

For my method I use 70% or 91% isopropyl alcohol for the actual extraction process then 40% vodka (Svedka in my case) to prepare the end solution. The reason for using vodka for the end solution is because it is readily available, decent vodka is well filtered and has relatively minimal other ingredients aside from ethanol and water and anything else isn't particulate matter and doesn't pose a significant risk for IV use, ethanol is proven to be safe to IV when diluted, and perhaps most importantly it will keep the solution sterile and prevent bacterial growth and other contamination allowing it to be stored over an extended period.

So for my method I first rubbed the lettering off the top of the patch with a drop of iso then dropped the entire patch in a metal measuring cup filled with iso alcohol. For my first preparation I just let it sit then evaporated the alcohol and subsequently I used a double boiler configuration to heat the alcohol/patch and later evaporate it quickly. I found this to be extremely effective. I basically just filled a pot with water, put it on the stove then let the measuring cup float on top with the measuring cup handle secured to the pot handle with a zip tie or paperclip.

I experimented with just letting the patch soak like this and found it left some glue residue to be filtered out and then i tried stretching the patches out to allow more surface area which worked but made it more difficult since it was hard to control in the solution and kept getting tangle.

Eventually what I found best was to remove the patch after a few minutes while it was warm sitting in the alcohol and start rubbing the glue side with my fingers. It becomes extremely quick and easy to separate and peel all of the glue off the patch without tearing or warping it with a little practice.

Now with the glue removed put the patch back in the alcohol (with no heat if you prefer which is proven to be very effective), and in my case I used heat to get the most out of the patch. Do not directly heat the alcohol and be careful with it or you will end up with a firey mess of flaming alcohol solution (I'm sure you've experienced some accidents with lighting high proof alcohol before while drunk- same sort of thing ;) ). That's why I use a double boiler and am careful not to let anything splash out.

I added more iso during the process a couple times as it started to vaporize and the level would lower in the cup and would let the patch stay heated in the solution for about an hour. This is probably overkill but guarantees you are getting close to 100% of the fentanyl out of the patch. Half an hour with heat should do it or maybe two hours just letting it sit.

Then remove the patch and if it is already in a double boiler it makes evaporating the rest of the alcohol/water extremely easy since you just keep it going. If you are doing it cold you will want to set up a double boiler to evaporate the alcohol quickly or if you have a lot of time and patience just let it sit out with a piece of paper on top so dust doesn't fall in but it can still evaporate.

Now you have a cup with a barely noticeable dried film, this is how it should be since it is either 2.5, 5, or 10 mg of fent left over (there might be a 75 mcg/hr 7.5mg patch, I forget). If you removed all the glue it is much better and more pure and requires less filtering.

I would next use a 3ml syringe to draw up 2ml of vodka and squirt it in the cup. Using the plunger you can rub it against the surface to get all of the fentanyl residue dissolved. Next I had another 3ml syringe with a micron filter attached (when i wasn't removing the glue i was afraid of it getting in there so I used a micron) and later just a 3ml syringe with the barrel stuffed with cotton. It is always best to use a micron filter if it is available to you but if you remove the glue there should be very little contaminants or anything to worry about and a syringe stuffed with cotton dose a great job. If you are not planning to IV the solution then you definitely don't need to bother with a micron. So after you mix around the 2ml of vodka in the cup dissolving nearly all of the residue, draw it up through a syringe and run it through the filter syringe and into a sterilized cap, cup, or shot glass.

Repeat this process again with another 2ml of vodka to be sure to get everything out of the cup. If using cotton you can run an extra 1/2ml through the syringe to clear it so you end up with close to exactly 4ml of vodka/fentanyl solution.

I chose 4ml because it is then easy to calculate the concentration of fentanyl and easily draw out dosages. If using a 5mg patch like I was then 10 units is close to 50 mcg which makes dosing easy. there is obviously room for error in this process so the 10 units = 50 mcg is a conservative estimate and could be 30-40 mcg. this is a good thing in terms of harm reduction since it is better to over estimate the dose and have a good idea of how much you're taking than underestimate or have very little clue at all if you didn't do this method. If using other patches you can calculate the concentration and find a good level of total solution that makes dosing simple. However, 4ml works for all patches since 10 units = 50 mcg for a 50 mcg/hr patch, 10 units = 100 mcg for a 100 mcg/hr patch, and 10 units = 25 mcg for a 25 mcg/hr patch. I like this method since it is simple and easy to remember and 10 units is approximately however many micrograms the original patch dispensed per hour.

if you wish you can filter the 4ml of solution again to be sure it is clear of any dust or particles that may have gotten in or just go straight to storing it. I used 4ml rubber topped vials that I emptied Narcan from (and sterilized thoroughly with alcohol/bleach) which were perfect for this. You can get 10ml vials, micron filters, and any syringes you might need for this from gpzservices.com. Aside from the micron which I later didn't use I got everything I needed from my needle exchange program (including the small vials). You can store the solution in another small container or vial but a sealed one with rubber top to insert needles is ideal.

To dose for IV use simply take a 1ml syringe and draw out however many micrograms you wish, it's best to start with whatever the patch would release in an hour to get a feel for it IVed, so 10 units for 50 mcg or 20 for 100 mcg of fentanyl. Then draw up sterile water for IV use to fill the remainder of the syringe and mix it around. To mix I found it easiest to have an air bubble in the barrel then rotate it from one end to the other tapping the air bubble to go from top to bottom.

Then it is time to inject and just prepare for injection as you would anything else. once you register and release the tourniquet it is advisable to slowly push the plunger down, say 10 units at a time, let the drug hit you and check how you are feeling overall. Be aware of you breathing in particular since fentanyl is very respiratory depressant and that effect can come in before experiencing significant euphoria, relaxaion, and other normal opiate effects. Once you feel comfortable and good push the plunger down a bit more and repeat until you finish dosing or stop immediately if you get to a point where you feel your breathing slowing and you think you might have taken too much.

This is the main reason I think IV use using this method is a very safe way to use fentanyl. With other ROAs you do not have the ability to gradually dose as well and get instant feedback which can easily prevent an OD. It also allows you to measure conservative doses that are in a safe range, i.e. start with what a patch would deliver in an hour or two transdermally, and repeat and adjust them with accuracy while being able to monitor your body throughout the whole process. You can be as careful as you can smoking some gel or powder but you have no idea how much is in that hit (it could be 2000 mcg+) and you can only take it in all at once. Even if you were able to slowly vaporize/smoke it there is a significant delay between when it hits you that wouldn't allow you to react or stop like you can by IVing it.

Now onto other potential ways to use this solution for other ROAs. These are all ideas that I am confident would be very effective and safer than the typical way fentanyl is [ab]used. If anyone tries these please report back.

Plugging: Prepare the dosage with a syringe the same way you would for IV and dilute it. I don't know how ethanol feels in your ass so you may wish to dilute it more. As always be careful dosing here, I guess you could gradually push the plunger in to spray a small amount of solution at a time then waiting to feel the effects, however that sounds uncomfortable and I have an image in my head of someone bent over with a syringe in their ass for 20 minutes. :D Seriously, be careful and start small and slow if you can, as goes with inserting anything into your ass.

Intranasal: follow the same procedure for plugging except spray it up your nose.

Sublingual:Draw out a dose with a syringe like you would for IV except you can skip the dilution part. spray the soution onto a cotton ball and stick it under your tongue- similar idea to 6/7's alcohol and buprenorphine sublingual method.

Oral?: I'm not sure how effective this would be and the previous three ROAs seem like great options but I'll throw it out there. measure a dose with the syringe the stick it in a shot glass and mix with water. I suppose you could just mix with more vodka until you have a normal sized shot of vodka with a kick of fentanyl but I don't advocate mixing alcohol and opiates, especially fentanyl and that sounds like a horrible idea. Imagine people doing repeated shots like that or slipping fentanyl into someone else's shot without them know, that's a recipe for disaster. I should stop giving date-rapists and suicidal people ideas. So just mix with water and take the shot.

In summary the extraction method is nearly 100% efficient and by preparing the fentanyl solution as I described it allows you to accurately measure doses in the double digit microgram range and take them by a variety of ROAs as I have outlined. I believe this is the absolute safest way to dose fentanyl and be sure of how much you are taking. It opens up doors for new safer methods of consumption rather than smoking or taking unknown potentially high doses of fentanyl by other ROAs that have proven to be extremely dangerous and the cause of many ODs and deaths.

I hope this is beneficial to people and they see its value as much as I do and it saves some lives. As always be safe.

I'll edit this if anything is not clear or anyone has any further input. I gladly welcome feedback.

First of all,welcome to bluelight,Mugglesmitz.Hope you'll having a good time.I haven't use teva,so i don't know about it.I like the durogesics because they have a good amount of fent,16,8 mg per patch(100's) like sandoz.I made the thing like gum you say from at least 5 empties 100's and i chew it for hours,i didn't felt anything.I didn't let it stay between my cheeks and gums,i just chew it like a gum for hours.Nothing at all,but don't forget the gum was from totally empties patches,i haven't tried this from fresh patches.Also i haven't try let the patch on or under the tonque,i put it between my front lips and gums,sticky side to lips.I cut the 100mg in 4 strips, and i use the 2 of them this way.It works very well.Some months ago i didn't believe that this method works(as maybe you can see in my previous post),and what i did whas that i lick and suck the patches all day long,all my close people,family and friends, were being nervous, telling me what the fuck i was doing,blah blah etc.Fuck,8),so now, sticking them inside my mouth,it's way more distinctive;)You know,people never stop thinking and finding new ways to abuse..I read somewhere a dude before putting these 2 strips between his front lips and gums,did what, you think?He brushed his teeth very agressive with baking soda,so his gum and inside lips were bleeding..And of course,this way increase the amount of fent that goes in to his system.With things like that,i don't know what to do,laugh or cry?:\

MartinFn

Know this is an old thread but Teva Brand Matrifen are a really good brand, what you do is put a nick in the patch and pull it apart. It has a membrane with silicone impregnated with Fentanyl because it stretches you can pull it totally off the backing remember which side is membrane and which side is Fentanyl. Place the Fentanyl side under your tongue and hey presto near enough instant Fentanyl intoxifacation, enjoy....

Status
Not open for further replies.