• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone 7.5,g and still can't sleep

liquiland

Greenlighter
Hi all,
Need some help here. For the last 10 days I can't sleep. I'm lucky if I get an 90 min a night of sleep.
Doc prescribed me zopiclone 7,5mg and still nothing, I've managed to get 120min of sleep a night.
They say that it's a psychological issue of some sort and got a psychiatric visit scheduled on Tuesday.
Only thing is that till then I will most certainly go nuts....

I use prescribed Tramadol 50mg and Codeine 30mg for my chronic pain and sometimes for a little extra relaxation ;)
Was wondering if there is a way to mix any of these with zopiclone in any proportions to finally beat my brain and fall a sleep.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

I'd suggest either increasing your zopiclone (try taking 2 x 7.5mg tablets) or asking your doctor for something else to help you sleep. I developed a pretty massive tolerance to zopiclone, and eventually needed 8 tablets a night just to fall asleep. I'm now off zopiclone and taking seroquel for sleep instead. Seroquel is an anti-psychotic, but one of it's off-label uses is a sleep aid, because it is very sedating. It works well for me.

Last edited:
Sweet P cheers for that. I've already tried 1-3 tablets with no success. Will ask for Seroquel on Tue. Will see what happens.

i found zopiclone close to useless as a sedative.. it worked one night.. didn't the next night, so i took 3... and never worked after that... and leaves that horrible metalic taste in ur mouth the next morning

i take 3 sedatives to sleep... diazepam or loprazolam, which u'v probably heard of, cyamemazine, an old school neuroleptic which i'm not sure is marketed in other countries but is quite popular here, and in high doses has a sedative effect... and last , mepronizine (meprobamate, a muscle relaxer) and aceprometazine (a sedative anti-histamine)

hey phatass you still get meprobamate or is it through the breakdown of Soma???

Seroquel gives me the craziest dreams almost always nightmares I only take it when kicking

is zopiclone the same as Lunesta?

Lunesta is very similar, but it's technically "eszopiclone" - the active stereoisomer of zopiclone.

The common brand names of zopiclone are Immovane and Zimovane.

i take 3 sedatives to sleep... diazepam or loprazolam, which u'v probably heard of, cyamemazine, an old school neuroleptic which i'm not sure is marketed in other countries but is quite popular here, and in high doses has a sedative effect... and last , mepronizine (meprobamate, a muscle relaxer) and aceprometazine (a sedative anti-histamine)

You're lucky... I'm on diazepam but get no sedating effects from it at all.

My benzo tolerance is sky-high, hence resorting to seroquel to sleep. :\

Zopiclone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Started to take Zopiclone (7.5mm Tablets obtained from the net as my Doctors & contacts refused to give me these pills and warned of what could happened if mixed with aclohol). I suffer from tinitus in my left ear which was causing sleep deprevation (hence the pills). I do tend to drink a lot of alcohol during the day so this mix wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had.

I am 38 years old, male (85kg), pretty healthy and strong.

I strongly do NOT recommend taking these pills for any duration over a week and certainly not even considering alcohol for the next two weeks afterwoods.

I was taking one 7.5mm pill nightly and drinking average amounts of Wine, Cider and Beer during the daytime

After a month of this mix woke at 04:30 last week with extreme tremours and hot cold body temp fluctuations. forehead and face looked like hell, almost toxic and alergenic. I knew something was very wrong. I hadn't taking any pillls for over five days but was still drinking daily.

08:00, I called my doctor who was not much help at all and told me to go to Emergency and make some sugared black tea in the meantime

I made a tea and started to walk to my front room, I WOKE UP AN HOUR LATER ON MY BACK AND STARING AT THE CEILINE, I had collapsed and covered in tea, my back hurt like hell and I had a golfball sized lump on my left arm (from I guess from hitting the TV stand). If it had been my head that hit that solid wood stand I would be DEAD (no if's or buts about it).

I was shortly in hospital Emergency with a fractured Back and on Oxygen. I then went into
complete arrest and had what they are calling a seizure FOR OVER HALF HOUR. It was close.

I have no previous seizure history and have never fainted or passed out EVER.

Zopiclone are fabulous tablets to assist sleep (apart from the metalic aftertaste) but DO NOT DRINK ANY ACLOHOL with them if you have been taking them for over a week.

I hope this helps somebody and stop anyone getting hurt.

If you want anymore advice about these tablets PM on [email protected]

I was precribed these.

Only ever put me out for 4 hours max.

After one month they did not prescribe anymore, lot's of people say they stop working very quickly.

Now rely on Beer & Smoke.

im just coming of seroquel and now taking xanax and zopiclone 7.5 i took 1 zopi about an 2 hours ago could not feel anything so i have dropped another one.
i was hit by a car as a pedestrian in 2004 almost died broke both my legs in 3 places and shatterd my jaw and fractured my skull intensive care for a month and in a wheel chair for 5 months in rehab.
And because of my head injury i since have not been able to sleep i drink alcohol to releasemy anxiety and smoke marijuana to get rid of my nightmares i basicly dont dream at all now.
Ive taken serouquel for the past 5 years and am now coming of it and going on zopiclone and xanax.
Seroquel has made my heart do the most scary things they give you crazy heart pulpatations (in some people)mine were crazy and they are really addictive and you will start needing more and more to get to sleep and after 3 or 4 years you start to notice your mind starting to change so thats the reason im saying keep away from seroquel.
Thanks

Last edited:
Those are the two longest sentences that I have ever read.
Going to have to take a zopiclone to get my vision back to normal.

strong bump but I grew tolerance to zopiclone, am on seroquil and even 2-3 wont do anything. I have to take it with ativan for it to somewhat work. this is given that I
a) exercised as much as I could that day
b) kept busy
c) medicated
d) good sleep hygiene just read a book

I'd suggest either increasing your zopiclone (try taking 2 x 7.5mg tablets) or asking your doctor for something else to help you sleep. I developed a pretty massive tolerance to zopiclone, and eventually needed 8 tablets a night just to fall asleep. I'm now off zopiclone and taking seroquel for sleep instead. Seroquel is an anti-psychotic, but one of it's off-label uses is a sleep aid, because it is very sedating. It works well for me.

dont you wake up feeling like a zombie though from the seroquel?i have yet to find a sleep aid that works that also doesnt make you wake up feeling groggy for a few hours..

im just coming of seroquel and now taking xanax and zopiclone 7.5 i took 1 zopi about an 2 hours ago could not feel anything so i have dropped another one.
i was hit by a car as a pedestrian in 2004 almost died broke both my legs in 3 places and shatterd my jaw and fractured my skull intensive care for a month and in a wheel chair for 5 months in rehab.
And because of my head injury i since have not been able to sleep i drink alcohol to releasemy anxiety and smoke marijuana to get rid of my nightmares i basicly dont dream at all now.
Ive taken serouquel for the past 5 years and am now coming of it and going on zopiclone and xanax.
Seroquel has made my heart do the most scary things they give you crazy heart pulpatations (in some people)mine were crazy and they are really addictive and you will start needing more and more to get to sleep and after 3 or 4 years you start to notice your mind starting to change so thats the reason im saying keep away from seroquel.
Thanks

ZOplicone is a bad sedative. Can't tell you how much better I've been feeling since I was to trazodone and loprazolam fr sleep. I by and large sleep well on aforementioned combo.

Hi it's the first time I'm going to take zoplicone tablets tonite do they work ?

Hi it's the first time I'm going to take zoplicoe tablets tonite do they work ?
Depends on how you react to them. Most sleep meds I've had have either given me mid-night awakenings or groggy hangovers the next morning.

Fortunately there are lots of alternatives for sleep, zopiclone is not always one of the better ones. The granddaddy, Ambien, is often a solid choice. A big question is whether you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. If it's the former a quick acting hypnotic that will knock you out fast is the best, in the z-drug family this would be zaleplon (which sounds like the home planet for little green men, but I digress), temazepam is an option but is a favorite of recreational drug users and tends to have diminishing returns used over time (as do most of the drugs we'll be discussing here) and thus is not often prescribed. Trazodone helps some, you can escalate the dose pretty high (50mg is pretty standard; I've seen 200mg used in clinical practice), it can cause odd dreams and some anticholinergic effects but is generally well-tolerated. Seroquel as mentioned in similar doses can knock you out but in many will have a hangover effect and can also have some similar effects. Other atypical antipsychotics are sometimes used.

Even Benadryl can do it, Vistaril/Atarax is not a bad choice either. We no longer have chloral hydrate and this is fortunate because it's toxic but unfortunate because it works (everything's a trade off, isn't it? Chloral was literally the PRN sleeping pill for every psych patient where and when I was in training.) But anyway, don't despair; talk it over with your doctor, there are loads of alternatives and you will eventually find one. However, sleeping pills tend to have diminishing returns as I've mentioned and are in general not healthy for your sleep pattern which effects your psychological and overall well-being. Attacking the cause of the sleep problem at it's root is always preferable. Exercise helps as does "sleep hygiene" (Google for more info but the big 2 are no "screens" (TV is bad and computers/devices are even worse, i.e. blue light including bluelight) before bed and not using the bed for anything but sleep and sex.) Cognitive-behavioral therapy will also help if you put the effort in. Good luck.

standard disclaimer not medical advice etc

the only non-narcotics that ever worked for me in the long term were amitriptyline and a heavy indica cannabis strain. Temazepam and triazolam are good but their efficacy decreases VERY rapidly if you need something every night. Seroquel will knock you out but gives me weird traumatic dreams and feels like a very dirty drug overall. Trazodone, ime, was worthless. Ymmv. Good luck, z-drugs never did much for me either. I also find if I don't drink alcohol and exercise and meditate regularly my quality of sleep is far better.

Wish I could still get some methaqualone, xyrem, or chloral hydrate. Eh.