• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Least Toxic, Most Effective, Most Concealable Alcohol?

How about 2-methyl 2-propyl 1,3 propanediol [= decarbamated meprobomate]? Do diols count in this discussion? This looks like it would be pretty active, and is about 1.5 times safer than 2m2b and about twice as safe as 3-methyl 3-pentanol.

How about 2-methyl 2-propyl 1,3 propanediol [= decarbamated meprobomate]? Do diols count in this discussion? This looks like it would be pretty active, and is about 1.5 times safer than 2m2b and about twice as safe as 3-methyl 3-pentanol.

One of the reasons I was interested in excluding diols from consideration (for my purposes) is to avoid any analog-law fuzziness.

Wizzle, funny shit.

My vote goes to n-pentanol.

Actually, 1-pentanol is pretty bad if you crunch all the numbers. 1-Butanol comes out much better. See all the links I posted above, and with the glutamate stats from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11429388 you'll see that anything above butanol with the primary alcohols is increasingly bad, with respect to molecular weight and LD50 oral, rat; although a case could be made for 1-octanol treatment [which is suprisingly what bigPHARM ARE doing btw]

Another alcohol to consider in the unsaturated group, is 2-methyl but-3-en 2-ol,[115-18-4] = otherwise the 'n-double carbon bond version' of 2-methyl 2-butanol. There are others, based on the whole methylpentynol/ethchlorvynol thing [i.e 3-methyl pent-1-en 3 ol], but none are as available as this unsaturated version. It also happens to be cheaper than 2-methyl 2 butanol!

Another thing entirely is appropriating the phenyl group. Analogous to phenibut, 2-phenyl butanol might be worth considering.

OMG you guys!! this thread has been goin' on for too long.

Just get some good booze and get over it man!!!!

Secondary researches suggest that the 2m2b molecule is pretty much at the apex of the therapeutic index of alcohols. There seems to be a motif throughout the research, most of it from 70-80 years ago, indicating an increase in therapeutic index with stressed-carbon bonds in substitution of the 2-methyl position. One such, mentioned before, as equal to phenobarbitol [in terms of anticonvulsant activity] is the short-lived 2-phenyl 2-butanol. Another study highlights the 2-cyclopropan 2-butanol, and yet another medicine is based on the ethynyl, 2-ethynyl 2-butanol, otherwise 3-methyl pentynol[but see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2035981/?page=1]

Interestingly, the same report mentions the 2-methyl 3-butyn -2 -ol as being particularly unimpressive. I am given to wonder about the exact properties of the straight 2-ethyl 2-butanol [3-methyl 3-pentanol] - as suggested by another in this thread. My prediction is that 3-methyl 3-pentanol will not have a better therapeutic index than 2m2b - in linear interpolation from the retarded therapeutic index of tri-ethyl carbinol [tert heptanol].

Dude is looking for something to basically be drunk all day. Have you ever been high on GHB for a few days straight.. That shit goes bad real quick, and you won't have any regular sleep at all.

Dude is looking for something to basically be drunk all day. Have you ever been high on GHB for a few days straight.. That shit goes bad real quick, and you won't have any regular sleep at all.

That's true about sleeping, Was on GHB 24/7 for few weeks, and in the end I started to get panic attacks and really bad anxiety while sleeping and the dreams were crazy. When stopped couldn't sleep for few days. Tho' still it's better than drinking. Shit is crazy.

Still looking for ACCESIBLE (so no rare chemicals that you can't get) alternative for alcohol/ghb/benzos.

You can get all of the thing mentioned here that are not already controlled delivered to your front door, if you really want.

So, there is really no excuse considering a lot of these companies make it on request.
Also, they have no real limit to how much you can buy.
Most of these are used for cleaning.

If you had trouble sleeping anyway, you shouldn't abuse GABA hypnotic drugs. (DUH)

You can get all of the thing mentioned here that are not already controlled delivered to your front door, if you really want.

So, there is really no excuse considering a lot of these companies make it on request.
Also, they have no real limit to how much you can buy.
Most of these are used for cleaning.

If you had trouble sleeping anyway, you shouldn't abuse GABA hypnotic drugs. (DUH)

Well its easy to say from USA, since I haven't found any Europan vendors (no that that I am asking them here).

Well the sleep isn't really a problem if you don't go for abusing these drugs, only using alternative for alcohol. The main thing with GHB/GBL is that even if you don't take it for 4h before sleep you still get rebounds and wake up and after that it takes normally 1h to get sleep again if not redosing. At least for me.

2 more alcohols to test

Based on the drug procymate:
1 cyclohexylpropan-1-ol CAS 17264-02-7

Based on the drug phenprobamate
3 phenylpropananol CAS 1335-12-2
OR benzenepropanol CAS 122-97-4
LD50=2300mg/kg (oral, rat)

least toxic, umm none? Most effective, probably all similar based on proof, and as far as concealable get a flask like everyone else lol.

But seriously, get a different drug, alcohol sucks. There are plenty of easily concealable pills that do what alcohol does much better.

You need to change your supplier, GBL is solvent only and GHB is solute only. Neither provide the whole solution.

ba-dum tsshh

Last edited:
And then so then but then there's scattered all over ADD proposals and testimonials concerning Alcohols that are less toxic, more efficacious and less smellable-on-the-breath than ethanol. These are scattered pell-mell on this blog and as far as I know they've not formally been gathered into one thread. I know that Hammilton, F&B and Negrogesic have written about substances such as chlorbutanol, 2-methylbut-3-yn-2-ol and some lavishly-praised cyclic alcohol. These are examples.

And then so then but then I was wondering if we can't settle on an alcohol which can be consumed as chronically as ethanol is consumed but that is easier on the liver and lighter on the olfactorium. A room-temperature solid would be especially fantastic, as one could just stir it into his or her or my beverage of choice.
The chemicals to which you refer are 2-methyl-2-butanol and 1-ethynyl-cyclohexanol. There's also acetophenone and some various carbamate derivatives. Are they safer than alcohol? We don't know. We really don't. They're not-well-studied and their pharmacology is only vaguely understood (we're pretty sure it involves GABA).

GHB gets mentioned a lot too. Is it safer than alcohol? It's somewhat easier on the liver, though neurotoxic and equally addictive. It's more fun than alcohol, and it's also a great hypnotic for occasional use (jet lag, stim comedowns), but it can turn evil fast.

You can't very well go for "safe" when you're talking about taking untested chemicals on a regular basis. You want safe, look at the benzodiazepines, maybe, but be aware that long-term use leads to awful side-effects and benzo dependence can take years to taper off for even the most determined individuals. Also, chronic consumption of large amounts of alcohol ( > 1 g/kg/day) is definitely not safe!

My advice is to look at Jamshyd's ketamine regimen, or to consider aniracetam.

Last edited: