• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien and Ativan

linksyslime

Greenlighter
ive been taking generic ambein for a few months now for the wonderful relaxing feeling it gives me. normal dose 20mg (10mg hole pill, then a 10mg broken into 3 pieces 15min later. ...now i have generic ativan as well.( lorazepam) they are only 0.5mg each. i have no clue how many i should need to get a nice ambiance type feeling that ambein gives me. open to any help please. willing to take a shot or a beer. whatever it takes.

Welcome!

Don't combine alcohol - no need to.

I would try 0.5mg to 1mg of ativan, I would take no more than 2mg in one day. It's a very effective anxiolytic.

You may like ambien more - some people like ambien, I have never tried it. Out of all the benzos I have had, ativan is the least preferable for me but I still like it for various reasons.

Benzos all have unique profiles which make one preferable to others at different times, depending on why you would need them.

This is a pretty basic drug inquiry so I'm going to move it to Basic Drug Discussion.

Enjoy BL and welcome! Feel free to post a thread in New Member Introductions!

Yeah, no alcohol, unless you have a shot prepared already and have put you benzos and alcohol away. You will over indulge if you start drinking if you have no control.

Its kinda hard to compare because the effects aren't the same, but I would say that 10mg of zolpidem tartrate (ambien) is stronger than 1mg lorazepam, but not 2mg. You should probably start with only 1mg as peoples sensitivity to lorazepam seems to vary quite a bit. Keep it under 2mg your first time of you may not remember anything.

1mg lorazepam + a drink or two would probably be what you're looking for. lorazepam is kinda boring on its own (I quite enjoy ambien on it own btw). It's very important to limit your amount of alcohol. A little alcohol goes a long way with benzos, too much surely will lead to amnesia, bizarre/risky behavior, compulsive drug taking and/or unconsciousness.

be safe and have fun/

thanks major for the fast response!!

thanks big time for the help, im snowed in and board! later tonight the Ambien is what i really look forward to!! its alright to take the Ambien if i have taken 1-2mg of lorazepam a few hours prior??

Yeah, You obviously aren't drinking and leaving the house.
So, I see no real threat to your health besides the fact we do drugs.

Ambien is the best!

i love ambein!! the feeling you get shortly after taking it, you have to stay awake. its great!! the problem is i have noticed lately i will tend to take more and more on top of the feeling i already have. How can i just take what i need the 20mg and then make sure i dont find that bottle again!!! and take more and more or be taking half and snorting half while in my nice ambiance state that im in, its not good that it gets you like that!!

Yeah, I hate that!
I have to stash my bottle away because I take 20mgs and then I get whacked and start eating them vivaciously.

i dont no what im gonna do if my doc stops calling in sripts for me. because there being eating quicker and quicker all the sudden then it used to be.

Last edited:
I find when I take about 4 mg of ativan it is kind of similar to the come up of the ambien highs from my teenage years.