• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximately 25% of the fentanyl in the gel style patches are in the plastic housing of the patch, not the gel. So don't chew the left over patch if you can't scrape a small amount and assume you are just getting the little spare bit left over.

I do not know about alcohol, but you cannot soak left over patches in water unless you could keep the water at body temperature if you are trying to extract left over.

idk about that i have had them many many times and i would chew on the empty ones after using up the gel and the gel is def more potent then the patch itself

ok i like narcoticon's method for the most part, however, i never used foil. I would pour the isopropyl solution onto a plate and then scrap the fent powder after the alcohol/gel solution dried. I remember scraping tiny bits of white powder, like a tiny tiny amount, but oh, so powerful.

Also, make sure that you dissolve the adhesive bc there is fent on the adhesive too, which dissolves in isopropyl alcohol

Two things here just aren't right, first off the whole glue thing,which i believe the drug IS in the glue, the other being the op's thought of iv'ing as the safest roa, yes you can go slowly, but dealing in mcg's something couldve gopne wrong and one drop can be too much. Otherwise it's a good informative thread, especially with the mod not about the glue now, but i cant imagine going through this whole process to do anything besides iv. It's not worth the time and wor unless it's iv'ed, its much easire to just stick a piece under your tongue for 15 minutes and you're high as the sky, and you can use that same piece plenty of times, but thanks anyway! :)

^^^Well man, yeah, the drug IS in the glue def. But not everybody can stick a piece under the tonque and get high, because of the tolerance. And so, the extraction is a theme, when you can use spent patches. Of course in this case, there isn't a safe way to measure how much strong is your solution.

MartinFn

do you think this would work on spent/used gel patches? like if you smoke the gel then use this extraction tek? When I get patches I will let y'all know how it goes for me

thanks I have high hopes for this one

I gotta say...this thread...is the deffinition of controversey in the BL world.....while in the worng hands it can kill, in the right it might save a life...

BUT...I am sideing with keep it. If theres a will..theres a way...atleast let them have the right nifo although I stll have a feeling in the pit of my stomach this is sorta fucked up.

Ok this is a GREAT idea for your OPANA ER. I strongly dont recommend IV-ing it because it seems as more a waste than not but I have 2 solutions for a bigger kick and a bigger high. For Opana ER (which Im Rx 30mg) what I do is suck the pill (not too long) and use the inside of my T-shirt to wipe all the coating off. After that just blow on it for a minute or let it sit and dry (which is better if your patient). After that I use a knife, or a small piece of a broken off hacksaw. I hold the pill between my middle finger and thumb and begin to lightly saw off the pill into a powder. This stops the pill from being crushed and breaking the middle which causes issues. I did this for years with morphine which no matter what needed a cold water extraction because like morphine Opana (oxymorphone) gels up. So once thats done (and only takes a few minutes) you can just SNORT IT. This works best for me, but...

If you want to I.V it. Just place it on a spoon (the powder) and add about 150 cc of Isopropyl acohol to it. Heat it like you would street heroin. Just be careful because some particles jump off the spoon and the top catches fire. Be prepared for this almost everytime and at least several times doing this. If you freak out your going to jolt and lose your high after it falls out the spoon. So when it does happen just stop using the lighter, blow on it till the fire goes out. Keep doing this till you have nothing left but dried powder. Be careful!!! When all the alcohol is gone this shit tends to pop and fly off the spoon but it should be dry as possible.

After that. At about 100 cc to your spoon with distilled water (since this isnt boiled tap water) go ahead set the spoon down and fill the spoon with the water. Soon you will see that there are floating plastic like looking pieces. This is the crap that the binders consist of. Then just add a small bit of cotton (I use 2 pulled ends of a q-tip) Put your needle to it and yank it up with the plunger, tie off, stick and enjoy the ride. I tried it a few times, but i feel that railing it is better. Your better doing that unless you have instant release opana I have both. But in any case I really hope this was helpful.

Yagami -

I've been reading this thread and have my mind set on trying it, but I have a few questions I'd like cleared up. Does the amount of iso used in the first step matter? What is a suggested amount of iso for a quarter of a 50mc patch? Is there a way to evaporate the iso after soaking besides a double boiler, for instance why couldn't I put the iso on pyrex to evaporate. What is a good to soak the patch in? Those are it for now thanks, any responses would be appreciated.

Would it work to just use water as opposed to vodka on the final product? I really don't feel comfortable shooting up vodka

I had a similar thought about using just water at the end, not because i have qualms about iving vodka but because I'm in the south and blue laws apply in my state and its bout 9pm, damn bible belt. If anyone is on that has experience with this process, help would be greatly appreciated. I have half a 50mc that I don't want to waste experimenting on my own and I'm too broke atm to get more. Thanks

Would you get anything out of used matrix patches? What I mean is, how effective is the human skin at extracting the fentanyl from the matrix patch?

I can imagine a lot of people are looking at this for a non-recreational use, i.e. to help with pain relief. I can imagine that at times when the pain is really bad some people would be grateful of a *safer* (not safe) way to get some spare for a bad day.

This is one of my first posts, I have been reading the advice and posting rules but am still confused on whether what I just posted is good/bad?

From my point of view I am someone who is in pain and is not interested in getting high and I am grateful for this thread, so thanks OP :) I would be grateful again for opinions on old patches.

i am opiate tolerant, tryed this many times.It only takes once I give kudos to the harm reduction because you have saved many people!Well did this w a 100mcg mylan and apparently i did a little too well.My fiancee told me it burned when I did his and not thinking I said hold on a sec lemme do mine and I'll fix it.Kinda wish I woulda checked it first.Hit the vein flashed and like an idiot cuz ive done it before with little effects i just pushed it fast, after that i remember nothing.My fiancee just thought i got it good walked to the bathroom for a sec then heard a thump (the thump was me falling completely out ramming head on wall n getting stuck in about an 8 inch space between wall and bed) From his account i turned a funny blue heart stopped foamed at the mouth n stopped breathing.He knew right away what to do, we had had this discussion a few weeks prior that if anything happened when we were doing it one of the first things to tell 911 is bring narcan.My fiancee ( 32 end stage congestive heart failure btw) then proceeded to do cpr for 10 mins without his oxygen while pulling damage control(putting stuff up)I was legally dead for about a half an hour took cpr (thank god for my hero n angel) narcan n shocking me 3 times to get me back.Then from my account all I saw was black dont remember a thing but hearing what im guessing was my little girl i lost telling me to go back mommy n daddy n my brothers need you (i am not crazy ppl I promise very open minded religious views from spiritualism to creationisim like i said open minded kinda still has me shook) Then I wake up to this searing pain(shock that brought my heart rate correct....OUCH!!!) and surrounded by als confused as heck.Asked the standard round of questions n they asked what I had taken (told em a sleeping pill a friend gave me ,they said hun we had to give u narcan,they knew but were nice about it went down as an accident)Arrived at the hospital freezing and lacking my new clothes i just bought like 5hrs before they observed me pushed saline chest xray ekg then was discharged.When my fiancee and his mom got to the hospital they told everyone thank you, they in turn told him that without the cpr and the knowledge of narcan I wouldnt be alive.
Basically just telling everyone my story had toget it out there.Very unpredictable drug in general anyway i dont judge what anyone does we all do our own thing just be careful.Just once outta quite a few times.Lucky to be here.He compelled me to join n tell my story cuz i have always used your site as a reference but dont really talk much.I think i have found a community I can actually talk to w/o being judged.
In a way you guys saved me, I'm medically knowledged but woulda never thought of narcan to be mentioned.Thank you all for listening to my story.I'm here for a reason, maybe part of it is to join the harm reduction w all of you. Thank you all and w fentanyl being so dangerous you think they would give an emergency dosage of the reversal with your patches ugh smh where else are ppl supposed to get it????(Just a thought)

How about the Durogesic-patches... I have couple 25ug/h ones and I put them into a 92% IPA this morning. Is the substance itself in the glue/gel or what? Should I cook the stuff for some time to get all out or has these 7-8 hours sitting in IPA done the job for me? What would you peopple say? I will use the endproduct as injecting and have all the sterile gear including 0,20umm Micron Filter to use as a filtering.

-Hooddood78

dude that guy doesn't know what he is talking about all you have to do with Mylans is get some vitamin C powder or ascorbic acid coat the back of the patch with it cut it up into smaller pieces and boil it in a cooker or spoon or something small. It's really strong and you I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it's been known to kill people even the most avid opiate addicts however it's the only way.

a little something of my own

ok here it is people just the facts i have been prescribed and smoking fent for many years now. although the gels are far surerior here is my method for extracting and smoking the polymer matrix patches.
disclaimer: as with all fent the end result of this procedure is dangerous, but more over in this instance the procedure its self is dangerous. i am not recomending anyone try this i am simply offering my own past experiences.

what you need:
1. aluminium foil (preferably reynolds wrap)
2. 70% isopropol alochol (do not use 91%)
3. a bic lighter (must be a bic brand)

this extraction process is faster than the ones afore mentioned however it can be slightly less effective as higher heat is involved and some fent might be distroyed.

step 1 building the "boat"
tear a piece of foil off approx. 6in x 6in. careful not to tear it fold the four sides of the foil 3/4-1in upwards at a 90 degree angle. fold the corners over so as it creates a square shaped foil dish. this is your boat

step 2 the extraction
with the boat on a flat hard surface a.k.a. a binder, fill the boat with approx. 30ml of your 70% isopropol alcohol. i use the cap on the bottle and pour 1 1/2 cap's into the boat. then place however much patch you want to extract face down in the alcohol. i usally use 1/3 of a 100 mcg patch which is 3.3mg of fentanyl. if you have a name brand duragesic only use a 1/4 of a patch as they contain more drug. next carefully and i repeate i carefully lift the boat into the air with one hand. with the other i light the bic and heat the underside of the foil holding the lighter at least 4in from the boat. i say careful as alcohol is highly flammable and if any spills everything will catch on fire and all will be lost. every 30 to 60 seconds i stop heating the foil place it back on the binder and using the bottom of the bic i rub the patch into the foil and alcohol. i repeat this process a few times untill the liquid starts poping loudly and visably there appears to be little liquid in the boat.

step 3 evaporation
this can be done two ways
1. leave the boat out for and hour and the remaining alcohol will evaporate.
or
2. if you are impatient you can use the lighter from a slightly farther distance and blow on the alcohol/ fentanyl/water mixture. this is what i do. note as the alcohol evaporates you will notice the liquid behaving differently when you blow on it. instead of running around and rippling it will pool.

at this point you have your finished product which should be a white liquid of extreme potancy.
note: this method is not 100% effective as it can be repeated with some sucess a second time just with far less end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.