• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harm reduction is always key...start small. 25mcg of fentanyl is still a bit since it's approx. 100 times the potency of morphine.

hey guys can we get some confirmations about the legitimacy/efficacy of this? i might be trying it today and only like making one injection on myself. in otherwords is this error prone?

I can tell you ive done the extraction multiple times and it works like a charm. Especailly since pretty much all the patches that were gel switched over to polymer-matrix.

If youve had the gel patches and evaporated the gel before and got the leftover then you know the amout left is tiny. well the extract from this is so, so, so much smaller.

as for ..mmmm cant think of the word if want to use. But this method seems to extract 100% of the fent. I say this because even when the patches are finished i stick the leftover strip to my gums and get no effect.

only downside is its so thin that not even a nice razor blade or exacto gets it off of the glass for me. luckily my friend bought me some surgical blades and the work like a charm, take off that fent like butter.

but. when I smoked the gel felt like I got more bang for my buck, probably just tolerance.

so in my experience yes this extraction method is trustworthy, and literally easier then making chocolate chip cookies IMO

Misconceptions: as far as polymer matrix patches go they will work extremely poorly if you try to take pieces of a patch and use it bucally or in any way in your mouth. It simply doesn't work or is such a poor ROA the effects are negligible or placebo.

BS.

I used them this way and it worked just fine. Got me a very strong buzz on many occasions.

Yea its non gel im gonna just stick my whole last one on my wrist or sumthing and see what happens and i have like a quarter of another one so maybe ill take em both my tolerance im finding out is alot higher than i thought

Most efficient place to place a patch is near the heart. Something related to the amount of oxygen in your blood around the heart. Keep in mind also that warming also increases the rate at which you absorb it. Be careful.

just cut a little piece off, if they are the mylan ones,and thats that... put it under your tonge. Cut like a half centimeter square to start.

I hated fentanyl, but some love it. I got nothing from wearing it, and not much more rubbing it in my mouth. Theres probably a fentanyl conversion equivalency sheet somewhere on line that would help you with deciding how much to use. Its not easy to tell you how much fentanyl to take. I remember a equivalency sheet I had which converted how much of whatever opiate you used each day into what fentanyl patch you should wear. Thats what you should look for if youre looking to wear it.

Also wearing them can be a pain in the ass. Put them on a part of the body where the skin doesnt move or stretch. I though the upper - outer arm worked best.

Your friend gave you bad advice. As said - use the search engine and take a look at what fentanyl is and how it compares to other opiates. Think about your tolerance and use a conversion table to figure out how much you can handle. --> undershoot rather than overshoot your estimate. With something you're unsure about make sure you're extra careful.

-and use during the day please (with no other substance - esp for first time use) ? This is so you can 'feel' what it is doing to you and react appropriately if need be.

i don't know why the OP is even here asking.
he's not taking any of this advice into consideration atleast.

The one time I was lucky enough to do fentanyl, I cut the patch open, put the gell on a mirror and blow dried it. then I scraped it up and sniffed it, which got me bombed.
Now how did you do this, you must tell me. :D Tell me how you did the fetanyl patch, how did you get the gel off to blow dry it? What did you do with mirror? Tell me please I got the highest mg ones, 100mcg/hour

I tried PM'ing you but I can't. :(

If you are going to inject it man be careful. You can take a drop of the gel out with a toothpick (the gel makes it where a drop can sit on the tip of a toothpick). Mix up that drop with say 50 units, and only do 25 first. If that doesn't have you needing a seat, try the rest. But seriously man, a tiny little drop of that stuff will have me almost on my knees. Where 60mg of MS just has me slightly nodding.

So I got my hands on 1 50mcg patch. I have been using 120mg of oxy a day for 9 months or so so my opiate tolerance is high. Even so I'm scared for fentanyl since I know how powerful it is. Do you think it would be safe for me to wear the patch?

My other question is can I wear patch for a few hours and take it off if I feel its too much, then reuse it again later? Or will the air dry it up?

I know it takes awhile to build up so if I put it on at 8 am tomorrow when should I feel the effects?

Thanks for answering the questions!

In response to he above post
Quote:

Misconceptions: as far as polymer matrix patches go they will work extremely poorly if you try to take pieces of a patch and use it bucally or in any way which involves your mouth. It simply doesn't work and/or is such a poor ROA as the effects are negligible/placebo.
BS.

I used them this way and it worked just fine. Got me a very strong buzz on many occasions.

Sorry I have a relatively heightened opiate tolerance and would have to agree that buccal (oral) consumption of the matrix (ratio 100mcgs) patch is a giant waste of good but overtly dangerous and apparently inflammatory to discuss/ This ignores the fact that chewing plastic can be incredibly costly.
I will leave it there because clearly with the OPs extraction method is viscous and but effective shooting, IMing or IVing the end product is asking for a job that involves not you but your corpse to push up daises. This occurs quite suddenly, with little warning and always at a time when everything seems to be working just great...like it couldnt' be planned more precisely.....
Please exercise commonsense, moderation and empathy when using this substance and/or ROA. That is my two cents, thanks for listening.
"Goddmmanit no! I am not real a doctor but I play a fine one on the telly"

Last edited:
I just tried the method from the OP, but I felt nodda from it, except maybe my head playin tricks on me. This is what I did.

Used 70% iso in a pyrex bowl. Roughly 100cc's. I used a pricara duragesic poly-matrix patch rated at 50mcg/hr with 8.4mg's of fent. I placed 1/4 of the patch in the iso pyrex bowl (2.1 mg's of fent roughly if the fent is distributed evenly throughout the patch). Let the patch soak for about 10 mins then rubbed the sticky adhesive off the backing. I also placed that adhesive between my cheek and gum just in case there was any fent within (waste not want not). I then had a pot with water, about 2-3 cups, that i had boiling and started the process of evap'in the iso/patch solution. about 30/40 mins later i had an empty pyrex bowl with just a curled up patch and what looked like a thin almost nonexistant film.
Here is where i deviated slightly from your instructions, I took the pyrex bowl and removed the patch, used 4ccs of water and sprayed the patch thoroughly so the liquid washed the patch and landed in the pyrex bowl. I then used my plunger and stirred the bottom of the pyrex bowl to mix up the film into the water.
I filtered said solution and got around 3 n a half cc's back. I started by doing 10 units and leaving the needle in place for a few seconds then continuing with more. I did all 3 and a half cc's and still don't feel a thing. I took the patch and placed it in between my cheek and gum also and still haven't felt anything.

Here's my Questions.
Should I have used alcohol with water to mix up the film after the evaporation process? It sounded like that alcohol was used to store the rest of the solution to keep it from getting bacteria, and I figured i'd use it rather quickly so I didn't think i needed it.
Also, I have a pretty high tolerance to oxycons, I can shoot up 2 n 1/2 80mg OC's and just barely get a rush for about 2 to 5 seconds (if im lucky) and no nodding afterwards.

Is it safe to say there was roughly 2.1mg's of fent in a quarter of that patch? I thought normally a 50mcg/hr patch had 3.6mg's inside it, but the patch clearly states on it that it has 8.4 mg's total. I remember the last time i had a patch it was a 100mcg/hr and it had 7.2mg's in it. Either way the more the merrier, just wondering really if the patch is distributed equally or the 1/4 i have may have had absolutely nothing or just a little bit on it?

And one last question, based on my tolerance of oxycons, would you say that the 1/4 patch iv'd should have atleast gave me nods or put me out for the count? it's been about a half hour now since i did it and i feel nothing at all except maybe just a little sleepiness, but that could be because it's 2:30am where i am and well past my bedtime.

Thank you for the input, and sorry for taking up so much space.

Ok, so I'm trying to extract whatever fentanyl is left from 1&1/2 used 100mcg patches. I didn't realize that simply putting the patches in your mouth and sucking on them was not the way to get the most out of them. I was going to try your extraction method but I'm trying to figure out if anyone can give me some estimates on how may mcg might have used already. Just some raw etimates would be good if anyone can help. Thanks.:)

Excellent post!

Can anyone comment on the simple method of extracting fentanyl from a matrix patch:1) wear the patch for 10-15 mins, 2)this allows the glue to dissolve (heat up), 3)take it off and then scrap all the fentanyl (glue) off the patch with your nail or something, 4) smoke the outcome in small blobs on foil as typically done when smoking fentanyl.

I read quite a detailed thread about this method, but i dont think it nowhere pairs upto Oxy's extraction. Surely a lot of glue is left after wearing the patch for just 10mins. After all, they are designed to last 72hr on the skin...

Perhaps the body just heats the glue/fent mix allowing you to scrape it off after wearing the patch for a while, rather than removing all the glue completely.

I have not tried this method, and tend to use my patches as directed but this may be a more simple method for those of you who dont have the time to extract Fentanyl via Oxy's method.
Also, I think it would be very hard to gauge how much Fentanyl is present in what you actually scrape off with this simple method, so I highly advise anyone considering this to do they research first and start extra extra small.

Last edited:
I put a 100 mcg patch on my leg right above the knee and it fell off due to movement I guess. So I don't want it o fall off again so I put it on my arm this time. Is that bad and if I decide to take a hairdryer to it is that a terrible idea or what? My opiate tolerance is about 60 mg oxy to get high.
I did utfse but I'm on my phone and can't really navigate the site too well. Any input?

even if you have a tolerance its still REALLY strong..

people that i've talked to that have been hooked on oxy's and such, tried the patch and came close to passing out if they weren't puking so much..

take your time, read as much as you can..

its not something you can just do; cause it only takes one time to die..

It may be strong but it's "empty" in what it brings because of high mu/kappa and mu/delta ratios. It's alright to switch to if one has nothing but this and wants to get rid of w/d but on the other hand this lasts so short. I wouldn't recommend any fentanyl-like opioids to opiate-naive or "near opiate-naive" people because of its potency and short action. Overdose is a fatal probability from re-dosing because "it stopped working so fast". And most people that stuck to opioids don't like fentanyl meaning if they had morphine and fentanyl to choose, they'd take morphine no thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.