• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hydromorphone vs oxymorphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addendum

And I've had both in equianalgesic doses. I'm tellin' ya. Straight hydromorphone for injection....can't be touched!!!

And I've had both in equianalgesic doses. I'm tellin' ya. Straight hydromorphone for injection....can't be touched!!!

Well apparently according to several studies which all corroborate each other have found that morphine and heroin both produce a more subjective and euphoric state then hydromorphone.

May be for some...

Kokaino,

I'm sure that you know this, as most people that know about the pharmacodynamics of medications, or just form personal experience, that everyone reacts differently. I know some studies may show this (trust me, I know all about research, I've got a master's degree in a healthcare related field. I'm just saying in my opinion, and I've had a lot of pharmaceutical grade opiates for injection (including morphine, meperidine (Demerol), and Dilaudid, and for me....NOTHING could touch the body rush and euphoria that hydromorphone produced. On most equianalgesic charts, for intravenous administration Dilaudid 1mg is approximately equal to 8.5 to 10 mg of Morphine injected intravenously. I would much prefer to have a mg or two of hydromorphone as opposed to 10 to 20 of Morphine. I'm not talking about injecting pills, I'm talking about the stuff made for injection

Well apparently according to several studies which all corroborate each other have found that morphine and heroin both produce a more subjective and euphoric state then hydromorphone.

Who cares what studies show. They don't pertain to every opiate addict. Obviously many people here prefer IV hydromorphone.

I on the other hand prefer Heroin but as far as Morphine goes, I'd much rather have IV oxymorphone. I much rather prefer oxycodone over oral Morphine but as for IV, I'd prefer Morphine. IV is the only way to go for Morphine, orally its crap. Hydromorphone does have the most powerful euphoric rush out of any opiate in my opinion but for overall effects I'd go with heroin.

Your body converts Heroin into Morphine, Codeine into Morphine and synthetics try to mimic
Morphine. I hear people say "I hate Morphine but love Oxycodone"

So when shooting dilaudid ....add heat or dont add heat ? What works best ..i been adding heat .

So when shooting dilaudid ....add heat or dont add heat ? What works best ..i been adding heat .

Don't add heat. The dilaudid dissolves dissolves without heat. Adding heat allows the fillers/binders to dissolve, and they may resolidify after injecting.

Me likey opana :) 40mg a day habit intranasally, + more to nod.

Hydromorph intranasally sucks...

However both IVed hydromorph trumps oxymorph :)

Your body converts Heroin into Morphine, Codeine into Morphine and synthetics try to mimic
Morphine. I hear people say "I hate Morphine but love Oxycodone"

That's because oxycodone doesn't convert into Morphine. It doesn't mimic the effects of Morphine. The effects are much different. Morphine is much more sedating. Oxycodone is quite stimulating. Oxycodone is better than Morphine.

I personally prefer hydromorphone over opana. mainly because opana can gel up in your nose causing discomfort and i dont seem to get as high on opana as i do when snorthing hyrdo or especially IVing it.

I personally prefer hydromorphone over opana. mainly because opana can gel up in your nose causing discomfort and i dont seem to get as high on opana as i do when snorthing hyrdo or especially IVing it.

Are you serious? You prefer snorting hydromorphone over insufflating oxymorphone?? Oxymorphone is so much stronger and the BA of hydromorphone insufflated is very low. I never thought I'd hear something like that. Just take the coating off with a razor blade, crush it and do small lines really quick. It shouldn't gel much that way.

Oxymorphone should definitely be stronger than hydromorphone when insufflated, since its the stronger opiate. I've only snorted hydromorphone and only shot oxymorphone though, so I can't really compare.

I've only insufflated oxymorphone once and it was a very nice experience. However I've probably shot it up 15 times or something.

Who cares what studies show. They don't pertain to every opiate addict. Obviously many people here prefer IV hydromorphone.

I on the other hand prefer Heroin but as far as Morphine goes, I'd much rather have IV oxymorphone. I much rather prefer oxycodone over oral Morphine but as for IV, I'd prefer Morphine. IV is the only way to go for Morphine, orally its crap. Hydromorphone does have the most powerful euphoric rush out of any opiate in my opinion but for overall effects I'd go with heroin.

Exactly, you'd go for heroin (which by default u also go for morphine). Heroin is a faster acting form of morphine. It is an ester of morphine.

Yes, hydromorphone produces the most powerful rush of pretty much all opiates - but for overall high and length - heroin/morphine trump them all. Nothing can compare.

Last edited:
I've never tried oxymorphone (yet), but I imagine it is not much different then any other potent opioid (hydromorphone, diamorphine, morphine, etc).

I think all this hype over oxymorphone is really, really overdone because it is such a rare opiate to find, so it almost has that "mythical" status. But in reality, I imagine that it's not much different from hydromorphone at all. In fact, it probably has a weaker rush than hydromorphone and the high is likely very similar (probably hard to distinguish the two after the initial rush, much like heroin and morphine). The only real difference is that oxymorphone is more potent.

Rare drugs tend to be highly hyped up and shit like that.

Heroin/Morphine...whatever you want to call it (they are essentially the same drug) are still the undisputed champions. LoL!

Last edited:
Okay. As far as morphine causing more euphoria than hydromorphone....BS, at least for me. Morphine, the kind you get in the hospital, can not even begin to touch the euphoria of sweet, sweet Dilaudid (hydromorphone). :) I've had the pure liquid, from the hospital, version of both....

QFT

I've never come across oxymorphone, but I think I will very soon . How would you say the IV rush of it compares to hydromorphone, and what would be a good starting dose(for comparison, I usually do 12-16mg IV of hydromorphone)?

This is why I don't trust doctors and nurses when it comes to pain management. Everything they know about drugs they read in a study. The first thing I said when I woke from my coma in the hospital was "no more morphine". That stuff produced no euphoria for me. Just nightmares and hallucinations. Oxycodone on the other hand = euphoric bliss. Hell, even demerol was more euphoric for me than morphine.

dilaudid v opana

first off BEINGBADINVA is a fuckin retard nobody listen to him everything he said is FALSE and he has no fuckin idea what hes talking about whatsoever. I was a recreationally user nd my ROA is my nose and i started with perc 30s (oxycodone) about 90mgs a day and one day my buddy got a couple opana 40mgs. this was a couple months ago when my tolerance was lower so a quarter of that 40mg pill would do me over so nice and theyre totally stronger than percs or OCs. I recently shattered the christ out of my collar bone and got a script of 4mg dilaudid. OPANA is by far the strongest and most potent drug in my eyes and now my tolerance is so high i can snort 3 30s in one line and feel almost nothing but a half of a 40mg opana still fucks me up. dont get me wrong, dilaudid is quite potent. withdrawal symptoms get worse and worse with the stronger the pill so be careful people, trust me, i went thru withdrawals from oxycodone and it was HELL i cant imagine opana withdrawals are like. be careful everybody

That's because oxycodone doesn't convert into Morphine. It doesn't mimic the effects of Morphine. The effects are much different. Morphine is much more sedating. Oxycodone is quite stimulating. Oxycodone is better than Morphine.

In your opinion. The vast majority will, actually anyone that IV's, will choose heroin/morphine over anything else.

This is why I don't trust doctors and nurses when it comes to pain management. Everything they know about drugs they read in a study. The first thing I said when I woke from my coma in the hospital was "no more morphine". That stuff produced no euphoria for me. Just nightmares and hallucinations. Oxycodone on the other hand = euphoric bliss. Hell, even demerol was more euphoric for me than morphine.

Drugs like morphine/heroin, codeine, and all their close relatives (nicomorphine, desomorphine, etc - all the codeine and morphine esters and salts) tend to have a higher incidence of side effects - that includes sedation, respiratory depression, euphoria/dysphoria, conspitation, etc etc.

The 'codones' and 'morphones' were made as improvements to morphine and heroin because they produced less side effects - so less abuse potential.

Last edited:
I have read this entire thread and found it very interesting. I couldnt help but to add my opinion and my experience with these drugs.This is all just my own opinion!

Im a daily morphine IV user. Every once in a while I get a treat which is either hydromorphone(dilaudid) or roxysoxycodone) which isnt oxymorphone but im going to add my experience with what ive done. I dont think ive ever done oxymorphone(opana) but will keep my eye out for them. I have done alot of heroin. it was for many years my DOC. But i steer clear of it now. Its deff #1 in the euphoric department.

The rush from IV morphine is like no other. Mainly bc of the histamine relaese. As far as euphoria for morphine I dont think there is much. or even sedation for that mater. And that is why I like it. I get an awesome rush and I can still go about my daily duties not all doped up. This is my 1st DOC.

The hydromorphone is great. I love the euphoria it gives. It seems to last a while and gives the best warm fuzzy life is great everything is ok feeling. The rush is better than anything I have tried. I would put this in its own catagory It doesnt touch oxycodone. It would be my 2nd DOC. Its deff one of my favs!

Now the Roxys(oxycodone). I do get a rush. There is a nice subtle euphoria. But it doesnt last very long. Its a nice treat once in a while. I can still go about my daily activities/duties with a little pep in my step. But doesnt come close to hydromorphone. So I just dont have much to say about it.

Heroin is just the greatest. Thats why I just dont touch the stuff anymore. I dont even have to explain anything as you all know and agree its #1.

In order my DOC are morphine, hydromorphone, oxycodone and I have yet to try oxymorphone but I have my eye out for some. Heroin is first but I dont play with it anymore so im not adding it in.

My ROA is IV. So this was all based off of that ROA. and again this is just my personal opinion and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.