• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hydromorphone vs oxymorphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read this entire thread and found it very interesting. I couldnt help but to add my opinion and my experience with these drugs.This is all just my own opinion!

Im a daily morphine IV user. Every once in a while I get a treat which is either hydromorphone(dilaudid) or roxysoxycodone) which isnt oxymorphone but im going to add my experience with what ive done. I dont think ive ever done oxymorphone(opana) but will keep my eye out for them. I have done alot of heroin. it was for many years my DOC. But i steer clear of it now. Its deff #1 in the euphoric department.

The rush from IV morphine is like no other. Mainly bc of the histamine relaese. As far as euphoria for morphine I dont think there is much. or even sedation for that mater. And that is why I like it. I get an awesome rush and I can still go about my daily duties not all doped up. This is my 1st DOC.

The hydromorphone is great. I love the euphoria it gives. It seems to last a while and gives the best warm fuzzy life is great everything is ok feeling. The rush is better than anything I have tried. I would put this in its own catagory It doesnt touch oxycodone. It would be my 2nd DOC. Its deff one of my favs!

Now the Roxys(oxycodone). I do get a rush. There is a nice subtle euphoria. But it doesnt last very long. Its a nice treat once in a while. I can still go about my daily activities/duties with a little pep in my step. But doesnt come close to hydromorphone. So I just dont have much to say about it.

Heroin is just the greatest. Thats why I just dont touch the stuff anymore. I dont even have to explain anything as you all know and agree its #1.

In order my DOC are morphine, hydromorphone, oxycodone and I have yet to try oxymorphone but I have my eye out for some. Heroin is first but I dont play with it anymore so im not adding it in.

My ROA is IV. So this was all based off of that ROA. and again this is just my personal opinion and experience.

The reason you prefer morphine over all is because heroin is a morphine prodrug. When you used to use heroin, it was not the "heroin" that got you high - it was morphine. Heroin converts into morphine in your body and the morphine gets you high. The difference between the 2 is the acetyl group - which, as I've said before, acts as some sort of 'propeller' that takes morphine to the brain faster than morphine would on it's own. Heroin is not a true drug with any sort of activity on its own. It's a prodrug (a morphine prodrug). The 6-MAM is quickly converted to morphine aswell. Heroin is morphine in a Ferrari - it gets you where you want to go faster.

Thank you for your response Kokaino. I always knew that heroin was made from morphine. Or so I believe. Correct me if im wrong. The morphine doesnt really get me high tho. Never did. I dont ever feel euphoric after a shot. as where with the heroin i did. I just like the histamine release rush that it gives.(pins and needles) I dont recal the heroin doing that. Altho I can nod whenever I want to being on morphine. If I sit down and really relax and shut my eyes, I nod out. I like that too! Its mostly at night when I do actually feel some sort of euphoria. Im asuming probably bc Ive had 3-6 45mg shots by then.

Morphine just seems to be differnt all around. The rush, euphoria, ect.

Thank you for the information. I apreciate it.

Thank you for your response Kokaino. I always knew that heroin was made from morphine. Or so I believe. Correct me if im wrong. The morphine doesnt really get me high tho. Never did. I dont ever feel euphoric after a shot. as where with the heroin i did. I just like the histamine release rush that it gives.(pins and needles) I dont recal the heroin doing that. Altho I can nod whenever I want to being on morphine. If I sit down and really relax and shut my eyes, I nod out. I like that too! Its mostly at night when I do actually feel some sort of euphoria. Im asuming probably bc Ive had 3-6 45mg shots by then.

Morphine just seems to be differnt all around. The rush, euphoria, ect.

Thank you for the information. I apreciate it.

Yes, the difference in the rush is the acetyl groups. They make the morphine molecule more lipid soluble so it crosses the blood brain barrier (BBB) faster than morphine would on its own. This extra lipid solubility causes the difference in the rush and causes heroin to be about 1.5-1.8x more potent. That's due to the brain being flooded with morphine faster.

Morphine molecule:

morphine.gif

Heroin molecule:

heroin.gif

The only difference is the 2 acetyl groups you see on the heroin molecule (they are red in color). Look at every part of each molecule, they are identical. The 2 acetyl groups break off as soon as they enter your body. So you have only morphine and 6-MAM, which in turn also turns into morphine in the brain. Morphine acetate, diacetylmorphine, diamorphine - those are all names for heroin.

This makes me want an opana ssssssooooooooo bad. Hands down the strongest pill out there. The first time I railed a 40 I was "to high". I couldn't even open my eyes and the euphoria was exploding outta me. I hate how tired they make you once they wear off though.

I've been on both for pain management, and I prefer the oxymorphone. It lasts longer with a smoother and more continuous analgesia. The hydromorphone is so short acting that I am always taking them, and although nice, I would prefer Opana.

Kokaino-Very very interesting. Not a big difference in the 2 molecules. and yet such a difference in highs. I guess in the chemistry world it is a big defference but to the eye and to someone with little knowledge in chemistry it looks like a small difference.

All last night I kept thinking about the heroin rush and I guess it is similar just without the distinct pins and needles rush. I do actually recal a pretty good body rush as well as head rush and euphoria. So now I totally get why I like the morphine so much.

Thank you for all the information!!! Its quite interesting how similar the two are. I feel so much more educated now! lol thank you!

Kokaino-Very very interesting. Not a big difference in the 2 molecules. and yet such a difference in highs. I guess in the chemistry world it is a big defference but to the eye and to someone with little knowledge in chemistry it looks like a small difference.

All last night I kept thinking about the heroin rush and I guess it is similar just without the distinct pins and needles rush. I do actually recal a pretty good body rush as well as head rush and euphoria. So now I totally get why I like the morphine so much.

Thank you for all the information!!! Its quite interesting how similar the two are. I feel so much more educated now! lol thank you!

It's not just that they are similar, they are essentially the same drug. Heroin is just a fast-acting form of morphine. Heroin is a morphine prodrug. It's morphine acetate or diacetylmorphine.

first off BEINGBADINVA is a fuckin retard nobody listen to him everything he said is FALSE and he has no fuckin idea what hes talking about whatsoever. I was a recreationally user nd my ROA is my nose and i started with perc 30s (oxycodone) about 90mgs a day and one day my buddy got a couple opana 40mgs. this was a couple months ago when my tolerance was lower so a quarter of that 40mg pill would do me over so nice and theyre totally stronger than percs or OCs. I recently shattered the christ out of my collar bone and got a script of 4mg dilaudid. OPANA is by far the strongest and most potent drug in my eyes and now my tolerance is so high i can snort 3 30s in one line and feel almost nothing but a half of a 40mg opana still fucks me up. dont get me wrong, dilaudid is quite potent. withdrawal symptoms get worse and worse with the stronger the pill so be careful people, trust me, i went thru withdrawals from oxycodone and it was HELL i cant imagine opana withdrawals are like. be careful everybody

ok....

are you comparing them mg for mg? like 10 4mg, so 40mg dilaudid vs the 1 40mg opana?

Great conversation! I read this whole post because I have a choice btw the two and am having trouble deciding which to go with. It seems to me that the consensus is: hydro is a a better high, but doesn't last long enough. Staying power is important, so I'll prolly go with opana. NTM, I'm a perc lover, and am guessing the effects of oxymorph are more energetic than with hydromorph. An aside, I don't shoot, its all intranasal here.

These arguements about basic organics (heroin, morph) vs. synthetic derivatives (oxy, hydro) are laughable. First, you have to define "euphoric." Not easy. I find the pins and needs and a good nod very euphoric; apparently others don't. I find a sense of well-being and "everything is great in the world" very euphoric, others seem to look at it as just an afterglow. Those above-mentioned studies are ridiculous, just plain bad science, because sensations are so subjective (sorry to restate others words). Everyone's biochemistry is different. The brain is likely the most fine-tuned a machine there will ever be. And they are each uniquely constructed. Plus, they weren't double blind placebo from what I could tell, so it junk science to begin with. First, they'd need to take a page from food sensory science and design a scale that takes into account these subjective differences, for example the LMS scale. All these scales are still flawed to a large degree however.

Sorry, but the idea that some people on here seem to have that reading a lot of studies and looking at pictures online makes them knowledgeable pharmacologists is dangerous and misguided. I commend the effort to learn, but don't get pompous about it. The more surface knowledge you glean online, the more likely your are to miss crucial facts and connections that only a trained scientist can glean. A little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing, especially if the person in question thinks they know more than they actually do.
I'm a biologist. I've completed a post-graduate education, and I am still very careful with my statements because even at my level, there is a lot I don't know and it is easy to step on your dick when your talking to real experts.

On a tangent, those who say morphine is better were likely addicted to heroin at some point, and therefore find the more familiar felling a comfortable reinforcement of longstanding neural reward systems. As a last thought, the idea that because some of these drug go through phase I conjugation and become morphine-like means they are going to provide the same euphoric effect as heroin overlooks the, "complex machine" theory. Its like saying that because 87 and 91 octane in a combustion engine net the same result; methane and CO2, and pressure, that their effects are identical. We know thats not true, because its all about the speed of delivery, which alters the net effect (a larger explosion).

Last edited:
opana is just souped up oxycodone, with a longer duration, faster onset, and its 2x potent as oxycodone MG to MG wise. an Opana 40mg = Oxycontin 80mg. Hydromorphone is junk! such short effects, short half life...its like the crack of opiates

I'm getting my opana40 on tues, so whoever likes hydromorphone over oxymorphone I'll snort one for you! And I will be good all dayyyy l00000000000NG

haha, I just came to close this thread too, triple threat of moderators on this one =D

I'll reclose it again as NT's closing seems to have reopened it.

Status
Not open for further replies.