• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom(Ultra Thai) - 2nd time - We Have a winner!

nekointheclouds

Bluelight Crew
I have been pretty interested in Kratom for awhile now, after reading good things about it here and on Erowid, and finally last week got money from my school, so I could buy some. I am saying this is my 2nd experience because this report is about the second type I have gotten. The first time I bought Kratom, I was sorta in a rush, and had not shopped around at all. I purchased from one of the first sites I came across and realize now that I payed way too much for Kratom that was not great quality. My experience with it was not worth reporting.

After I did shop around, I found a site that had a nice variety, with good prices and good shipping prices. I decided of 2 ounces of what they called Ultra Thai, which is a wild crafted Maeng Da. I got the shipment today and decided I would try some out while at work. Thats what the workers in Asia do!

So I make a drink using what I am guessing is about 6grams, or two teaspoons. I mix it was about a half a cup of warm water, and a splash of french vanilla coffee creamer. I mix it up really good and down it as quickly as possable.

I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised with the taste. I have heard so many bad things, but the taste was totally fine, pleasant even. Its the texture that was not great. It feels powdery and gritty, no matter how well you stir it.

After downing the cup, I refill it with water and drink down any residual kratom.

+00:15 I start to feel a bit of a head rush, not like I snorted something, but I definitely feel it in my head. I also notice my nasal passages feel slightly numb?

+00:20 I am definitely feeling more alert, more ready to work. Starting to also feel kinda giddy. I start talking to a friend at work and telling them about the Kratom, explaining all about it. I also notice as I talk that my mouth feels rather dry.

+00:30 Feeling very stimulated, and pretty euphoric too. I am most impressed with how well this is working for me. Now that I feel so good, I get to work. I work at a frame shop, in the shop area, building frames from wood. Its pretty manual, But I don't mind at all! I even feel like organizing some of my molding.

+01:00 Still feeling good. Built some frames, organized some stuff. Happily told another friend from work all about the Kratom. I let her stuff the bag which smells like green tea to me.

+01:15 I notice my head rush is going down some, as is the Euphoria. Though I still feel plenty motivated. I happily continue my work while jamming out to some David Bowie<3.

+01:30 The head rush and euphoria seem to have gone away, but I'm not cranky like I sometimes get after taking opiates. I am also still motivated, and feeling productive. I decide to repair some shelves at work, something I have been putting off for awhile.

+03:00 By now I really don't feel much of the Kratom at all anymore. And I'm pretty hungry, so I grab some lunch. But re-dosing is on my mind too.

So, Overall I was very pleased with the effects the Kratom had. My head buzz and euphoria felt very similar to taking some hydrocodone. On the down side, the head buzz and euphoria did not last very long at all. But with the kind I had before, I did not even feel any euphoria. I have heard people say that you can take loperamide about 2 hours before and it will help extent your Kratom buzz, so I am thinking about trying that out. I have also heard that at higher doses the Kratom will give you more feelings of sedation, and am looking forward to see how that goes.

But so far, of all the legal highs I have tried(Valerian, kava kava, passion flower) Kratom is hands down likes 100 times better!

substancecode_kratom
substancecode_opiates
explevel_secondtime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a decent experience!

I've tried kratom a few times and found it really enjoyable, but felt like I would abuse the hell out of it, so haven't tried it recently.

Hi to everyone. Just registered with Bluelight and looking forward to sharing my experiences with with you guys. If im in the wrong thread...forgive me. Pls free to move if necessary. Once again, good to be here and get to know everyone.

Phil

Luckyy ou, I started taking red vein borneo today at 7gr for opiate withdrawal but it done feck all for me Glad it worked for you though, doo you want it just for the buzz or to get you throuh withdrawals?