• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Going back and forth between Suboxone and Heroin

NO go to the Suboxone website and you can search for a dr in your area. It has to be a Dr. who specializes in it but there are lots of them . Usually abuot 100-200 a vist (once a monthh) and the Sub is expensive but if you have insurance it will cover the pills . mine pays half so 30 subs is about 90 buks

sounds like a good idea. except where do I find a "sub Dr."? can I just go to my GP and have him prescribe it, or maybe get a reference from him to someone who can?

Unfortunately not every doctor can prescribe Suboxone. They have to have a special license from the DEA I believe. If you go on the Suboxone website you can enter your zip code and it will give you a list of doctors in your area that prescribe. Also local clinics will have print out lists too. You probably can get a reference list from your GP.

Edit: I wasn't fast enough Jake99 beat me to it... and damn jake99 $90!! I pay $3, my insurance is $1 for generics and $3 for brand name prescriptions. I have insurance through my state.

Absolutly, subs r fairly easy to get. I get 90 a month 100% covered. I did call around alot though to dodge all of those waiting lists but eventually I found a dr that I could get into within days. I only had to pay for the visit.

That is beautiful insurance. Do you get that becuase of your job?

I have a shitty private policy which cost a fuckload..blue cross blue shield basic essentials plus plan.

I get $15 generics which is a godsend because thats how I pay for my subutex. For brand name I get 50% off up to $500 per year. So before I switched to subutex when the generic came out, I was paying about 2.77 a pill with the 50% discount until that ran out.

Unfortunately not every doctor can prescribe Suboxone. They have to have a special license from the DEA I believe. If you go on the Suboxone website you can enter your zip code and it will give you a list of doctors in your area that prescribe. Also local clinics will have print out lists too. You probably can get a reference list from your GP.

Edit: I wasn't fast enough Jake99 beat me to it... and damn jake99 $90!! I pay $3, my insurance is $1 for generics and $3 for brand name prescriptions. I have insurance through my state.

Also, sleeping pains, to find a sub doc don't waste your time asking your GP. Chances are he hasn't taken the course required to prescribe it, and he will probably tell you to go to a meth clinic or something. Just google find a suboxone doctor...or go to suboxone.com..also I tihnk theres a site, which is basically run by suboxone.com called lookforhelp.com (nto positive).

sounds like a good idea. except where do I find a "sub Dr."? can I just go to my GP and have him prescribe it, or maybe get a reference from him to someone who can?

Yeah I had the same experience, there were some doctors I called that couldnt take me for a week, some that were mad expensive, some that required bloodwork, then there were the ones that were like come right on in.

Some doctors are very scrict. Some doctors are all about the volume of patients...it's often a cash business. I found a nice medium. My doctor seems like he wants to help but also he enjoys the $ I can see that without a doubt lol.

Absolutly, subs r fairly easy to get. I get 90 a month 100% covered. I did call around alot though to dodge all of those waiting lists but eventually I found a dr that I could get into within days. I only had to pay for the visit.

Last edited:
I thuogh 90 bucks for 30 wasnt bad.....................without insurance i wouldve paid twice that

Yeah thats about half the retail cost. Usually these things go for like 5.75-7 bucks a pop so 3 ea aint bad at all. Plus each of those pills is probably good to hold you like atlesast a day if not 2 or 3 lol.

I thuogh 90 bucks for 30 wasnt bad.....................without insurance i wouldve paid twice that

I tried a couple times when I was on suboxone to get high on some oxycontin, But me being a dumbass I tried to snort only 40 MG's after like 8 hours since my last sub dose.. Haha, so obviously it didn't do anything. But I could never make it past like 12 hours after a sub dose, I couldn't take the sickness and withdrawal from not having any sub.. I don't see how people here can go for 48-72 hours in suboxone withdrawal just to maybe kinda feel a teeny tiny buzz of some dope. cause in my experience suboxone blocks other opiates for a long ass time.

I was talking about waiting 24-72 hours after your last dose of diesel to take your first dose of bupe.

For me, theres no fucking way I am goin to wait 3 days after my last dose of bupe to get high..i just don't have the patience.

If I am chipping I usually start doing dope at the 12 hour mark after my last subutex.

Lets say this morning I took 2mg at 7am, 7pm I will start getting high. I will need more than usual that night but I still definiteley get high. If I usually do an 80 at a time ill do 2 at a time the first night. Then I continue on and the next day I am getting like 90% high on my normal dose then by nighttime im at 100% lol. If you are on anything over 4mg I wouldnt waste your time waiting just 12 hours.

I DEFINITELY do not get and bupe withdrawals after 12 hours though thats for sure..so it's more of an issue of me just having no patience to wait.

This next time I plan on giving it 24 hours or more after my last bupe..becuase I am in a good position, not too badly dependant on bupe or h at the moment so withdrawals dont come on immediately

I tried a couple times when I was on suboxone to get high on some oxycontin, But me being a dumbass I tried to snort only 40 MG's after like 8 hours since my last sub dose.. Haha, so obviously it didn't do anything. But I could never make it past like 12 hours after a sub dose, I couldn't take the sickness and withdrawal from not having any sub.. I don't see how people here can go for 48-72 hours in suboxone withdrawal just to maybe kinda feel a teeny tiny buzz of some dope. cause in my experience suboxone blocks other opiates for a long ass time.

Also, sleeping pains, to find a sub doc don't waste your time asking your GP. Chances are he hasn't taken the course required to prescribe it, and he will probably tell you to go to a meth clinic or something. Just google find a suboxone doctor...or go to suboxone.com..also I tihnk theres a site, which is basically run by suboxone.com called lookforhelp.com (nto positive).

On the card they gave me at the clinic from Reckitt Benckiser the website says heretohelpprogram.com... I have the number too if anyone is interested.

There is also Suboxone.com and http://www.buprenorphine-doctors.com/find-a-doctor.cfm <--- This actually gave me a different list than suboxone.com, had more doctors on it when I was hunting for docs.

He had mentioned asking the GP about Suboxone doctors. If he's there it really doesn't hurt to ask, nor a waste of time in my opinion. I know my doctors office had a different list than both those websites and gave me lists of clinics all over MA rather than just this area.

If i take Sub lets say at 8 am one day (usually 2 mg) then the next day by around that time ( 8 am ) Im good to get high on dope................then i can get high all day , go to sleep and the next morning (12 hours later ) go back on Subs..............works every time...............

Yeah I always here if you only take a 1 day vacation from subs you can hop right back on without waiting the whole 24 hours or whtaever.

I sniffed 1mg this morning of sub and plan on getting high tonight lol but i was maddd cold when I woke up withdrawin a little so I had no choice. So I am gonna try your method..get high tonight then start on sub firs tthing again in the am

If i take Sub lets say at 8 am one day (usually 2 mg) then the next day by around that time ( 8 am ) Im good to get high on dope................then i can get high all day , go to sleep and the next morning (12 hours later ) go back on Subs..............works every time...............

Do u think you feel different on 8 mg than 4 ? when does the celiling effect come into play

I currently am prscribed 90 subs a month 8mg each. I go back and fourth all the time with subs and dope. I usually only take halfs and quarters as needed unless I'm REALLY sick I will pop a whole 8mg. I used to feel kinda high from them but I can't ever feel ne thing now other just no withdraw.

i dont get high from subs anymore but i still feel much better on subs than on nothing at all

For maintanence, none what so ever. If anything I feel better taking just 4mg a day.

Ever since i;ve had a script I was taking like 8mg a day since I just had so many of em. That shit was jackin up my tolerance so bad so now at most even if I am comin off of a pretty long run, I try not to take more then 4mg a day.

I dont feel any high what so ever if I take 2mg or 2 million mg lol. But honetsly, since I have started to lower my dose on sub I just feel better overall now tha tive adjusted

Do u think you feel different on 8 mg than 4 ? when does the celiling effect come into play

I dont feel high from subs , i Did before i had a dope habit.........but now i feel somewhat normal on subs and for me Normal is still somewhat of a high compared to the terrible depression i feel without any opiates , make sense
?

I must say ,the Generic Subutex is the best thing to happen for addiction in a long while.I remember the very first time I decided to try and Kick dope ,and I went to the Buep clinic ,at that time Doctors were only allowed 30 patients at a time and it was new and very very hard to find. I had dosed at 1:00 am ,and took 8mg Suboxone around 9:30 the same morning.I went into hyper detox soo bad ,it felt like My nuts were on fire ,and my ass had dry ice shoved up it .Anyway ,That was almost 4 years ago. I prefer Subutex over Suboxone ,but it seems ,harder to get ,and usually used as initial detox ,before they switch you to Suboxone. But I have not relapsed in 16 months ,and The last time I did dope ,it did not get me high at all ,Obviously still had way too much Subs in me. But It seem silly to wait the week ,it would take for My Buep to fully half life out of my bone marrow ,just soo I could pay $200 a day again ,to loose my Wife and kids ,and house. Soo I will not even though the Demons swirl around. I really speak to no one from my old dope circle ,but heard from one poor fool ,who is still running around looking for dope ,and tried to beg me for Subs . ,while his stepkids probably had no food on the table. What a fucking ugly lifestyle ,the dope world leads to. We are lucky to have access to Suboxone ,compared to like 6 years ago ,when all you could really do ,was get hooked worse on Methadone ,and nod off at the wheel.Thank the Big Bio -Tech for Generics!!!! $10 co-pay !!!

10 bucks ? no way ...................why wont they prescribe mroe subutex