• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Going back and forth between Suboxone and Heroin

Because doctor's still believe that the naloxone in the suboxone actually does something to keep people from abusing it.

You may as well try. I'd say it is more likely now since Subutex is generic and therefore cheaper.

If you tell him it has to do with costs, he may see your POV on the matter.

xxkcxx is right... perpetually cheating withdrawal ensures a longer sustained habit. Not that i do not do this myself lol... but it makes it much easier to stay the course on a life which is completely centered on drugs (particularly opiates but others too). This is the bad part.

But it is nearly impossible not to do for an addict with ready access to any form of bupe. I find that is only worth it if one stays disciplined during their "bupe breaks" and sticks with the bupe for an extended period of at least 5-7 days...

I mean, what is the point of doing dope/oxy/whatever a week or so on, then going thru all the trouble of taking a break with bupe, only to "stay clean" and use the bupe for a couple days?? There is no point, IMO. Plus doing this raises tolerance, especially if using high doses of bupe.

These days I make it a point to mostly take as low doses of bupe as possible (usually 2 mg or less) for at least a week... usually a couple weeks. So this way I am "mostly" clean, and I will occasionally take a 2-4 day break with some dope/oxy, then go back on my normal routine. Some may say it is not worth it and I am better off getting totally clean, but IMO this is how it should be done. I feel much more normal, and hopeful nowadays but still get to "get my fix" now and then!!

Because doctor's still believe that the naloxone in the suboxone actually does something to keep people from abusing it.

LOL that is because the 2 day crash course (which makes them experts apparently) they take for bupe licensing tells them this... haha how laughable.

I seem to only make it 2 or 3 days on Subs and then get high for a whole day then jump back on subs............it can be kind of a pain but i dont have will power to stay on only Sub

when I was on subs I would basically take weekends off and use - that's why I got sent over to methadone , god I don't miss that shit.

naw - fucking methadone, clinics whole 9 yards wasn't my deal - hated being forced in like a piece of meat bro, was getting pretty rowdy n ready to leave by the end of MMT.

The times i had methadone pills i loved them . they lasted me so long and i felt way better than i do on Subs

I seem to only make it 2 or 3 days on Subs and then get high for a whole day then jump back on subs............it can be kind of a pain but i dont have will power to stay on only Sub

To each their own, however:

The more frequently ANY user has to complete the suboxone---> dope/oxy transition (waiting long enough to prevent significant opiate blockage in the brain, as well as unnecessary tolerance increases) and back to the flip side the dope/oxy---->suboxone transition (preventing precipitated WD's)... the more generally complicated and inconvenient the whole alternating program (of suboxone with dope/oxy/whatever DOC) becomes, and the more the correct timing of everything and necessary doses becomes.

I like to take a couple to a few days break from suboxone and take advantage of this period where I know my receptors are completely bupe-free (zero blockage from suboxone). It goes without being said that you should wait as long as possible until trying to get high again after the last suboxone dose, and this inconvenience is something I like to do as little as possible.

I think it is indeed best to at least try prolonging your break from full agonists like dope or oxy... the extended use of suboxone in between will give your life a feeling of normalcy - not to mention bupe is a nice antidepressant. I like to use the suboxone for AT LEAST one week straight, usually more. It is truly a great drug that gave me hope, for sure!

That is just my own advice and personal program. Great topic!!

Im confusd now.............I usually take 2 mg a day because i know that way when i wanna get some dope I can still get high and it isnt blocked as much , right ? Whenever i do end up getting dope i end up doing it all in a day (a bundle if i have money) that way i can stay high all day and then go to bed and get up next morning and jump back on subs............I cant really afford enough dope to take long breaks from Subs...............would be nice to get a brick and take 5 or 6 days and get high all day but i cant afford that much H at one time

its weird I did subs before i had a dope habit and they were great..........then i took them most days and just did dope once or twice a week...........because i had to stretch out subs since i was getting them off the street.......now that i got a script for subs and know i have them all the time i have been doing dope more and subs arent working as well ........if i had good connects and money all the time id just stay on dope but i dont have either of those