[Aus][ACT]Studying the effects of long term ecstasy use on visual processing

Eazyran

Greenlighter
Hey people,
I'm Eric and I'm an honours student at the Australian National University in Canberrra.

I'm currently running a study with a colleague of mine, Claire, looking at the effects long term ecstasy use has on visual processing.
We've only just started recruiting, so all you Canberrans on the forum, come on and sign up! or if your just interested in our studies and want to find out more about our research, shoot us a message or an email and we'd be happy to discuss things too!

So if you've used ecstasy before, ideally more than 40 times, we'd like to hear from you! We will be running a telephone questionnaire to screen individuals out, but here's a list of the more strict exclusion criteria:
-no opiate use
-no head injury leading to concussion or amnesia for more than 30 min.
-no history or previous diagnosis of mental illness
-no current psychoactive medication use or prescription
-no amphetamine use in the past 3 months

I know the list seems long and restrictive, but if you don't fall under any of the above categories, we would love to here from you.

The study will take between one and a half to two hours, and participants will be reimbursed $20 for their time.
You can contact us about participating at [email protected], or call or sms us at 0420675545.
For more information about the study, you can contact our supervisor at [email protected].

Thanks very much for you time people,
Eric Tran & Claire White.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your post, Eric and Claire. A visual processing study would be interesting! Hopefully we can find some Canberra dwellers.

Please keep us informed about your progress, write-up and results. :)