Info The end of Gallery and vbJournals

Is it possible for this to be made a site wide announcement that pops up no matter what forum you look at (like the current donation drive one)? There are probably people who would like to save things who might not read annoucements or support.

Taken up with the admin, on how we can balance the multiple site-wide things we need to notify people about :\ Good suggestion, though.

came across this, may be of use for those who wish to save information from journal or gallery before they are gone (aside from the downloading already available)

http://www.pdfmyurl.com/

That's a cool idea for a site and seems useful. I attempted it but it looks like if a person wants to use it for BL they may need to do some tweaking. I tried twice for two different BL pages and it PDF'd the BL login page.

Just want to mention this so folks don't go bugging you for support for a site that you have no control over

For the record, it is definitely not an April Fool's joke. Comments and uploads are already switched off.

Taken up with the admin, on how we can balance the multiple site-wide things we need to notify people about :\ Good suggestion, though.

We've launched an open call for WIKI mod applications to run until MAR 5 with the anticipation of replacing that global announcement with one related to this thread for the last 3.5 weeks of MAR. Nudge us if we don't have this up by MAR 8 ;)

surely there must be some way to keep the gallery????????????

Im a huge fan of the gallery, dont get rid of it.

surely there must be some way to keep the gallery????????????

Im a huge fan of the gallery, dont get rid of it.
Just save all the pictures to your hard drive.

Then, put them all in one giant .rar file.

Put a nifty password on it, and upload it to megaupload or rapidshare or some uploading site.

Not that hard, eh? It'll just take some time.

However, if I can download and listen to 300 gigabytes of music, I have faith you can back up the Gallery on your own. :)

Self-nudged after March 8 :\ Expect this to be a site-wide ANNOUNCEMENT running March 14 - April 3 to nudge everyone else to do some right-click saves and copy-pastes.

This really sucks. I had to reset my account in 04 but I've been a member since late 99 or early 2000 and the gallery was 40%-50% of the reason I visited BL. There HAS to be a way to keep the gallery.

from the HEADS UP June announcement:

[*]Upgrades:
  • Bluelight proper - upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8 during the 3rd quarter of 2010 in an effort to close some security gaps and clean up some bugs. It is possible that this upgrade will break the old JOURNAL and GALLERY areas. We will explore the migration to vb 4.0 sometime later in the year, but that jump will most assuredly break the old JOURNAL and GALLERY. We ran this announcement in an effort to prepare our members for losing these old areas of the site, no more notice will be given regarding them. We will, however, try to give some advance notice of possible down time when we do the planned upgrades both in site-wide announcements and through our twitter feed. We expect to have brokelight up and available during those times.

so...maybe I guess is the answer, depends how the internet elves do their shit.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to upload a picture to this site. I understand that it asks for a URL when you click on the picture insert in the reply box, but I just don't understand how you upload a picture from your computer that isn't on a website. Is there anyway to post a picture to bluelight without uploading it something like photobucket? From what I understand you used to be able to use the bluelight photo gallery but that appears to be closed. ANy help woudl be much appreciated, and I apologize in advance if this is a 'stupid' question. I really did try to search for an answer on this one. Thanks

Welcome to Bluelight LLueBight :)

The gallery isn't very compatible with vBulletin and is being phased out. Its my understanding no one can upload pictures anymore.

Ah, okay..so I'm not a complete moron. Being somebody who is fairly adept w/ computers, I was really starting to flip out on myself for not being able to figure out a seemingly simple task such as posting a picture. Thanks!

The gallery is closed, but you can still upload pictures... I'm assuming you are talking about to a regular post... honestly the easiest way to do it is to upload it to another website to host it and just use the img tags, I know thats not what you were looking for but it really is the simplest way.