Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric) v II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, welcome to BL! :)

LSD reacts very differently to different people. Dosage is also a big factor in what you're describing as "life-changing". I would say it's probably best that your first acid experiencing wasn't to that extent. These types of trips can be life changing and "out of this world" but it can just as easily go in the opposite direction and be terrifying and scary. Become accustomed with how your body reacts with substances, especially hallucinogens, then seeks these things.

Having said that, by most accounts it's these life changing trips the people have are when they don't look for it. "It" comes to them!

Be safe, read up a lot, ask questions and most of all practice HR.

Peace.

Last edited:
You can't force a life changing trip. Some acid trips will take you deep inside yourself and allow you to view your existance from a perspective you didn't even know existed, while others will be fun and weird and result in lots of laughter and cool visuals, but nothing much deeper. While doseage/set/setting will play a part in which one your experience more closely resembles, at the end of the day the best way to go into acid is with no expectations. Just enjoy the trip for what it is and don't go into it with too many pre-existing expectations ,and you'll eventually have the kind of experiences you're talking about.

actually you can take it away, it's called xanex 2-3mg and you can say good bye to your trip.

Firstly, its Xanax not Xanex. Secondly, xanax will not kill a trip, even if 10ml in solution was shot into your brain. It will merely ease the anxiety and angst that is causing you to freak out and feel uncomfortable.

They definitely help and have got me out of a few shady situations, however they do not stop the trip.

Firstly, its Xanax not Xanex. Secondly, xanax will not kill a trip, even if 10ml in solution was shot into your brain. It will merely ease the anxiety and angst that is causing you to freak out and feel uncomfortable.

They definitely help and have got me out of a few shady situations, however they do not stop the trip.

what about seroquel?

any time i've taken xanax during a trip, my visuals are gone within 15-20 minutes. I've munched on some of girlfriends epilum and kepra during a trip, and it had the same effect. Not sure if it's a really good idea though. Haven't read up much on how they affect the brain.

tyrael and Crankinit,

I'd like to thank you both very much for you prompt and informative answers, I understand what you mean, I shouldn't have said that I was 'dissapointed'.. It just certainly wasn't what I expected. But I'm keen to have another go ;)

What do people recommend as something to take to put me to sleep a lot easier after a long day/night of tripping? For the most part I don't have a problem with just laying there trying to crash out and having crazy thoughts but there have been times when I've just sorta gotten over it and really just want to get some rest. I'm not at all interested in anything that requires a prescription. Just figured I'd see if anyone has anything that works well so I don't have to spend countless dollars on useless sleep easy products. I should note that I NEVER smoke weed when on acid and I don't intend on starting.

Last edited:
Phenergan (Promethazine) is quite an effective OTC hypnotic. I'm not too sure how it interracts with acid, but perhaps some others with experience would be able to tell you.

I dont understand why people need benzos and other meds after an acid trip. If u feel u need to kill an acid trip u mite want to consider a smaller dose to start off with. I can sleep perfectly fine after coming off acid or shrooms. Using benzos is best after a long night of stims like ice.

It takes me a good 12+ hours before I can sleep after any dose of acid. With the last 4 involving a very tired and worn mental state with RLS and plenty of body discomfort.

Im far too smashed to give an in depth response (thanks St Kilda festival), however unless you take a strong anti-psychotic, you're trip isn't going to stop.

Bad trips are induced by heightened levels of anxiety. Benzo's alleviate this and therefore chill you out, however you'll still be tripping.

Best idea is to ride it out, and have benzo's on hand for use if absolutely necessary. If you feel you need them every time then you shouldn't be tripping.

It takes me a good 12+ hours before I can sleep after any dose of acid. With the last 4 involving a very tired and worn mental state with RLS and plenty of body discomfort.

For some reason I've haven't had restless leg syndrome since my first ever acid trip (and any given night on MD of course).

In fact I find it quite easy to sleep after psyche's these day's =)

Although that may have something to do with the amount of weed I smoke =\

Failing all else, jump on the benzo train. Will always get you there.

As a side note, I've recently gained access to a rather large amount of seroquel.

Having never taken it before and planning to trial it myself before i start handing it out for the odd bad trip that aquaintances occasionally encounter, I was wondering exactly what kind of twisted state it leaves you in?

Its meant to be a full seretonin anti-agonist isnt it? Which should effectively stop all action on seretonin rececptors (which is what LSD works on?).

Does it just make the trip stop? Or does it just make things easier to deal with like benzo's but x 10?

If you've been on Seroquel for a while, it will diminish the effects of a trip significantly. If you dose it whilst tripping, it will kill it somewhat. You must remember though, LSD-25 is a very potent chemical, it doesn't just switch off after having a pharmaceutical.

I hate seroquel personally, but to each their own. It will help at the tail end of a trip if you want to wind down, as i find alot of people start to get sick of the trip during the final hours.

In fact I find it quite easy to sleep after psyche's these day's =)

Although that may have something to do with the amount of weed I smoke =\

Weed for me always increases the RLS and the length of time that I cant sleep.

Towards the end of a trip I tend to increase my weed smoking, this usually puts me to sleep gradually. However its not uncommon for me to pop a Xanax at the 10 hour mark, by then the trip is mostly a combination of head fuck, mild visuals if none at all and exhaustion. The xanax sends you off floating into sleep town.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll def take your suggestion on board Sameria. Might sus it out first and have a it of a read . Like I said though, not interested in anything that needs a prescription so benzos are out. Also for me it's not at all about 'killing the trip'. Even once the effects have all but worn off and I try to crash it's a struggle, and that's generally 12 hours after. I gues it just varies person to person as one of my mates never has an issues falling asleep after.

Hey, I finally got my hands on some acid and tried it for the first time this weekend just past. I had 1.5 foghorn/leghorns (light blue background) pretty intense :)

There wasn't much mindfuck and the visuals were pretty cool, walls warping/breathing, patterns on the curtains and my cat's fur felt like it was statically charged or something, Also music during the peak was fantastic.

The thing that bothered me was the bodyload. The come up was really uncomfortable and i even threw up a bit. Had to lie down for the first 3 hours or because i felt really lethargic, my muscles felt sore and my stomach was churning. On the comedown both me and my friend had bad gas as well.

So i was wondering is this to be expected on every trip or did we just get shitty acid, i read the leghorns weren't overly strong but i didn't see anything about a bodyload like what i explained.

I had fun but if it is gonna be like that every time I'm not sure if i wanna trip again :(

I can't speak for the foghorns as I haven't ingested them personally, but I've never had anything like this on any acid trip I've had (around a dozen). But as another user pointed out, it may have been a dirty batch, or perhaps even stored improperly before it reached you.

Don't be phased! LSD is beautiful. You just got unlucky :(

Status
Not open for further replies.