• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

neurontin and suboxone

IwantitALL

Bluelighter
i have a question you may find stupid.. i have searched on this and found no answers..

im a weirdo who loves neurontin... in high doses.. i recently started taking sub.. i hadnt had any neuro in forever, and i just started subs on the 11th.. so i just yesterday took the two together and really didnt feel that much on the neuro.. does sub block that too? i know its blocking my opiate receptors, but i dont think thats what causes neuro to feel good.. doesnt it hit some other receptor?? in short, will sub block the good feelings i get from neuro?

not sure why that would happen, but the one time I used gabapentin recreationally, I was on subs and it worked fine.

I was on 4 mg I believe, maybe 8mg and I took 1200-1800mg of gabapentin.

i just didnt know if sub would block it.. so you were able to get neuro buzz? im on 8mg in the am and 4 mg in the pm... and i take a LOT of neuro.. 600mg tablets, about 12 a day

I've only done it once, but I've certainly read a lot of people say it is one of those drugs you need to take a break from in between in order to keep getting high cause your body gets tolerant very quickly.

yea, im just on my second day of taking it again after about a one month break from it (which was an unbearable nightmare, just like opiate w/d, i swear) and i just dont feel it like i used to. that bums me out sooo bad, cuz i LOVE that neurontin buzz!!!

neurontin doesn't do much to begin with. i dont take it as directed, i use it once every couple of weeks when i have bad anxiety. i've taken as much as 3g and felt nothing. if i mix it with lyrica, that's another story.

when i used to use i noticed that if i took multiple drugs i would only feel the strongest one. in your case, maybe the suboxone just overpowered the neurontin. i'm on both and the neurontin helps with anxiety but doesn't get me high.

Actually Neurontin never gave me a buzz didn't see the hype, fell down stairs and needed for nerve pain after being on Sub 12mg 2xs a day and taking even the 400mg Neuro made me feel like on oxy

I just done the combo today! im on 16mg suboxone and I took 6 300mg Gabapentin! Also took 14,10mg Temazepam! Good combo! relaxed and anxiety free!

People always debate if you get high or a Euphoric feeling! the Euphoria for me personally is being free of stress and anxiety! :)

I'm on only about an 1/8 the of an 8 mg of sub per day and I have run out of my gabapentin .I take 1800 to 2400 mg of gabapentin per day and been 24 hours since last 600 mg of gabapentin Andi am experiencing weird terrible axiety itching burning all over especially hands ,nose,eyes the worst headache ever.I knew would have slight burning in hands due to neck surgery and hardware and also multiple back surgeries but this is starting to really be nuts.Not panicked because know better but have been depressed going down on dose but having some feelings like never before and have been thru opiate and benzodiazopene withdrawals before nothing like this maybe not worse but not sure how to handle.Should I be concerned enough to go to ER I am having tightness in chest as well as the other symptoms and headaches.I am 63 and not sure if that's a factor.
Thanks anyone!

Neurontin is not blocked by suboxone , neurontin effects your gaba recepters as does benzos im pretty sure . Im on suboxone matience and also om gabapentin. I took about 6mg sub through out the day yesterday and about 2400mg of gabapentin, and the gabapentin hit me so hard and hit me off gaurd at night to the point where i was scared hahahaha. Great high though feels clean and slept so good for the first time in a while wokeup really rested. It does not block it to awnser your question :)

Last edited:
I take 2400 mg of neurontin about 3-4 hours before I take 4 mgs of Bupe. Combined with a bunch of cigarettes and weed and not long after I take the bupe I start nodding. I also recently added lamictal and I don’t think it’s effected the mix.

There seems to be a whole lot of gabapentin action that people can’t explain. I’ve posted myself a few times about its propensity to block the effects of opioids/kratom. So to be honest, even without a pharmacological explanation, I wouldn’t be totally shocked if someone experienced the reverse...

However, just remember that your body can only absorb a certain amount of gabapentin at one time, and therefore taking 1000’s of mgs at a time is not going to produce any kind of effects that stand out in comparison to just a few hundred mg. To get “recreational” effects you must stagger it, taking every 30 minutes or so. I do it every once in a while and I’ll take 1,200 for my initial dose, in the morning, and then 600 every half hour for several hours. It usually isn’t until afternoon that I’ll actually feel profound effects.

There seems to be a whole lot of gabapentin action that people can’t explain. I’ve posted myself a few times about its propensity to block the effects of opioids/kratom. So to be honest, even without a pharmacological explanation, I wouldn’t be totally shocked if someone experienced the reverse...

However, just remember that your body can only absorb a certain amount of gabapentin at one time, and therefore taking 1000’s of mgs at a time is not going to produce any kind of effects that stand out in comparison to just a few hundred mg. To get “recreational” effects you must stagger it, taking every 30 minutes or so. I do it every once in a while and I’ll take 1,200 for my initial dose, in the morning, and then 600 every half hour for several hours. It usually isn’t until afternoon that I’ll actually feel profound effects.

i have a lot of gabapentin. if one were to take it as you have (your dosage/timeline); what do you mean exactly by "profound effects".
Also, im on red-vein bali kratom...any advise on this with regard to the gaba would be apprietiated. Thanks alot.