• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Snorting the New Generic Subutex???

I am confused? Ok, I am on subutex. Recently switched from suboxone strip to subutex because I am pregnant. But any ways, why do you sniff them??? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the reason that you got on the maintenance program?? I know I got on it because I needed help (been clean 3 years) on sub's for a year (had a c-section was prescribed dros, and struggled but did not relaps) doctor suggested subs. I just don't get why you would sniff them though.... what does it get you high??If that's why, why don't you just go back to getting high

Personally... when it comes to suboxane, I have taken it early (juss under the tongue) and it kicked me into full blown withdrawal. I had a friend snort it and she was sicker then she had ever been in her life. However, I have read multiple posts on here and another drug forum website (I prefer this one way over that one, they still use the term "swim") many people snort them, iv them and even plug them with a lot of success stories. But I will NEVER AGAIN take that chance. I think it depends on the person in that case. (Come to think of it, I had a close friend who also used to iv the strips, don't ask how, I have NO CLUE)

Now, to tackle the topic at hand... I recently came off iv heroin use. Doing about a half gram to a gram (that amount is tame for me actually) well, I decided to quit. I'm on day 4. A neighbor of mine has been supplyin me with suboxane strips and subutex. (2mg-4mg each time) I have kept up with it dosing myself every 8-12 hours. Well I heard you could snort subutex. I had 1 of the generic ones, little white pill scored on one side with a #2 & the other side displayed an arrow. I googled it and it is a 2 mg generic subutex.

After LOTS of research, I guaranteed that I could indeed snort it. But from what I read, the 2mg was not going to get me high since I have a tolerance built up. But I read that it made it twice as effective. So 30-45 mins ago I snorted the subutex. I felt nothing at first... just a VERY ANNOYING FEELING IN MY NOSTRIL. Like it burned real bad and had a drip that lasted 10 mins.

At about 15 mins, I realized I had a nod going and a pretty decent little high. And I still have it going. I don't plan to overdo it and snort all the time or anything. But it definitely is nice to get a nice buzz when I'm coming off dope. I read you can iv, but I'm tryin to kick that habit, and I strongly advise against iv if you never tried it. Very few iv drug users are able to quit. 3% of iv opiate users are able to quit without relapse... so yah, avoid that at all costs!

A young guy I knew snorted 1 subutex tablet at the tail end of a bender, his mum found him dead and purple the next morning.

Well damn... if I had seen this before I decided to snort that subutex... I wouldn't have done it, but I feel fine and its been like 45 mins since I snorted it. So I think I'm in the clear

So I've had the same experience. I regularly get my hands on the generic Subutex 8mg. Little white ones with 8 and arrow scored on either side. I usually snort about 1/4 to 1/2 at a time. People say the burn is mild, but I've gotten a few and everytime I snort them, that annoying burn gets more and more intense. I just did a rail about 5 minutes ago, and it feels like someone poured acid down the back of my nostril into the back of my throat. It lasts forever too, like 15-20 minutes. Sniffling for a drip or because my nose is running agitates the burn, too. Last night when I blew my nose there was blood in my snot. Not like a bloody nose, but like streaks of blood inside the mucous.

So if anyone is curious, yes these fuckers burn like something fierce if you make a habit of snorting them. The first few times it's not so bad, but the more you do it the more raw your nose gets, thus the more it burns. Nothing I have found alleviates the pain, and rinsing out with water either makes it worse or does nothing at all.

Well damn... if I had seen this before I decided to snort that subutex... I wouldn't have done it, but I feel fine and its been like 45 mins since I snorted it. So I think I'm in the clear

Buprenorphine has such a long half-life, respiratory depression can happens hours after ingestion.