• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Snorting the New Generic Subutex???

daddysgone

Bluelighter
I know there is a thread for generic subutex, but since this is a specific question, and not a general discussion of generic subutex, I thought I should make a new thread.

I was wondering what people think about snorting the generic subutex pill. I have been on the name-brand subutex for over a year, and have always snorted it (I only take around 1mg, so there is not that much powder to snort).

However, I just recently picked up a script for generic subutex since it's so much cheaper, and Im wondering if anyone has tried snorting these generic pills, and how it compares to snorting the name-brand.

For those who have snorted these generics, do you find it to be any better/worse then snorting the name-brands? Any info about harmful or dangerous binders/fillers which may be in the new generics that were not in the name-brands? Thanks-DG

The inactive ingredients are essentially the same between the two. The biggest difference I see would be the larger size of the generics that I have seen discussed.

The inactive ingredients are essentially the same between the two. The biggest difference I see would be the larger size of the generics that I have seen discussed.

Oh really? For some reason I was under the impression that the generics contained very differernt inactives. For instance, I thought that the generic subutex contained a good amount of talc, while the brand-name do not. Is this incorrect?- DG

Oh really? For some reason I was under the impression that the generics contained very differernt inactives. For instance, I thought that the generic subutex contained a good amount of talc, while the brand-name do not. Is this incorrect?- DG

I think whoever reported that in the Subutex is now Generic thread is incorrect, the ingredients are similar to the brand name pills. I am not 100% sure. If someone could post the active & inactives on them it would be helpful.

Roxane inactives: anhydrous citric acid, corn starch, crospovidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, and sodium citrate.

R&B inactives: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow No.6 color, magnesium stearate, and for flavoring, Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon-lime flavor

Roxane inactives: anhydrous citric acid, corn starch, crospovidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, and sodium citrate.

R&B inactives: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow No.6 color, magnesium stearate, and for flavoring, Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon-lime flavor

Ahh thanks for that. That was exactly the info I was looking for.

So it appears as though the generic and the brand-name are quite similar in terms of inactive ingredients. So it stands to reason that if brand name subutex is effetive and ok to insuffilate, the generic should be as well.-DG

^ Those 2 lists are completely different. What about them makes you think they are similar?

Um, the first list is correct, but the second list is for Suboxone, not Subutex.

As for the original question, yes, they are fine to snort.

this thread makes me happy. my doctor is going to think about switching me over.

keeping my fingers crossed!

^ Those 2 lists are completely different. What about them makes you think they are similar?

Um, the first list is correct, but the second list is for Suboxone, not Subutex.

As for the original question, yes, they are fine to snort.

Oh, so the first list he provided is a list of inactives of subutex, but the second list he gave is a list of the inactives of suboxone?

If thats the case then this list does not help me.

Can anyone provide a list which lists the inactive ingredients of the brand name subutex, and then list the inactive ingredients of generic subutex? That is obviously the pertinent information which would allow one to compare the differences regarding the inactives between the brand name and generic subutex, and would consequently help provide an answer to whether they would be comparable in terms of ability/safety to insuffilate.

Ingredient lists aside, the consensus is that the generics are effective and reasonably safe to insuffilate, comparable to the brand-name subutex?-DGH

Oh, so the first list he provided is a list of inactives of subutex, but the second list he gave is a list of the inactives of suboxone?

If thats the case then this list does not help me.

Can anyone provide a list which lists the inactive ingredients of the brand name subutex, and then list the inactive ingredients of generic subutex? That is obviously the pertinent information which would allow one to compare the differences regarding the inactives between the brand name and generic subutex, and would consequently help provide an answer to whether they would be comparable in terms of ability/safety to insuffilate.

Ingredient lists aside, the consensus is that the generics are effective and reasonably safe to insuffilate, comparable to the brand-name subutex?-DGH

The inactive ingredients of Subutex and Suboxone are essentially the same, except Subutex does not have the coloring, the sweetener, and the flavoring. I think that's the only difference, I am not 100% sure but I can basically assert that they both have magnesium stearate and povidone K30, so I am sure the rest are the same (minus the coloring/sweetener/flavoring).

I think CH is right about Subutex and Suboxone essentially being the same (I'm not 100% sure though), but, daddysgone, even still, the inactives are completely different in comparison to the generic. I mean, look at those two lists. The only similar one is lactose.

thelung said:
what do the new generics look like?

Like a pill? Come on, dude, Google it. Is it really so hard to search on your own that you have to ask us to do it for you? Just so you know, I did just Google it and it took 4 seconds to find (less than the time it took for you to post that). I'm not showing you the results though. Do it yourself.

Last edited:
I think CH is right about Subutex and Suboxone essentially being the same (I'm not 100% sure though), but, daddysgone, even still, the inactives are completely different in comparison to the generic. I mean, look at those two lists. The only similar one is lactose.

What are you looking at? The only difference (besides the flavoring and coloring, which I didn't mean to copy) is povodine > crospovodine, which is what I meant by "essentially the same"...

Oh wow, how the hell did I miss all that? lol I have no idea what I was thinking. Sorry, dude.

I think I was reading and comparing them in order for some reason, so when they didn't match up, I thought that they were totally different. I honestly have no idea what I was doing, but admittedly, I must not have been paying much attention at the time. Or maybe when I saw that the second one was for Suboxone, I became too focused on that and didn't pay attention to the rest. I really don't know.

lol again, I'm sorry man.

Iv done name brand Subutex for years and would love to continue to do it if I had the extra money to spend on it, I like the name brand alot better than the generics for a few reasons but the biggist one is that they are much easier to disolve in water or even under your tounge than the generic Roxane labs brand. I dont even know about sniffing them, but they are hard as hell to break up( the generics that is).

Iv done name brand Subutex for years and would love to continue to do it if I had the extra money to spend on it, I like the name brand alot better than the generics for a few reasons but the biggist one is that they are much easier to disolve in water or even under your tounge than the generic Roxane labs brand. I dont even know about sniffing them, but they are hard as hell to break up( the generics that is).

yeah i totally agree with you about how easy they dissolve. The name brands are what Ive always gotten and will continue to get as long as i have health insurance. As for the diff ingredients of both, I know that the generics do contain talc and the brand names contain corn mill which makes it easier to pull up in the syringe when IVing. As for snorting, Ive never snorted either of them but have seen people snort all of them and the general opinion from what Ive seen is the the generics burn more than the name brands. I also seem to get more of a buzz after injecting the name brand which is nice.