• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

will tramadol/ultram stop opiate withdrawls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noddingOff

Greenlighter
I have a script for 10/500 lortab that I get once a month. but this month, i got in way over my head in bills and got my work hours cut back so substantially, that you could almost consider me laid off. therefore, I went through my script a little quicker than usual, in result of my blessings. i dont get my next script for another 2 weeks, but I do have access to tramadol. If i purchase this tramadol will it prevent withdrawl? or should i not even bother with the stuff.

There's no way to "prevent" withdrawl. By adding on another substance you'll only be adding on to the menu of withdrawls to come.

This doesnt belong in DC, so im moving it to BDD

DC ---> BDD

I didnt meen prevent them, just postpone them until i can get my hands on some real opiate. act as an opiate if you will, if it's not already. i dont know much about the drug. i heard tramadol was a derivative of the opium plant as well

I was on methadone for a year and quit cold turkey from 60mg...I went through a month of what had to be the equivalent of HELL, and one day I found a bottle of 30 tramadol pills in the medicine cabinet, I took 2 of those and after about 45 minutes I felt 0 withdrawal from methadone and I actually felt extremely good. Maybe it was because of the contrast of feeling like shit for a month straight, but I felt pretty euphoric. The withdrawals didnt seem to come back as bad when i quit taking the tramadol either, so YES tramadol is a godsend for opiate withdrawal (it will cause withdrawals of its own, but they are a walk in the park compared to stronger opiates).

The withdrawals didnt seem to come back as bad when i quit taking the tramadol either, so YES tramadol is a godsend for opiate withdrawal (it will cause withdrawals of its own, but they are a walk in the park compared to stronger opiates).

you just saved my life with that answer.

There's no way to "prevent" withdrawl. By adding on another substance you'll only be adding on to the menu of withdrawls to come.

This doesnt belong in DC, so im moving it to BDD

DC ---> BDD

Suboxone worked pretty well for stopping my opiate withdrawls but mine were very light and barely noticeable to begin with.

Yes tramadol will help with your withdrawals. How much it helps depends on your tolerance and addiction size. When I was taking around 75-90mg of oxycodone a day about 200mg of tramadol would be needed to help with witdrawal, while 400mg (the maximum daily dose due to seizure complications) would be needed for me to experience not withdrawals.

Tramadol helped me a LOT. Just don't take too many of them.. there is real risks with stroke with tramadol.

They do have a great euphoria about them. Not a huge high like oxy's or soemthing... but definetly comparable to hydro's or percocets.

Also... Your not going to want to abuse them for too long.... You will get WD's from them as well... AND... anyone that says that they are a walk in the park has not had a major tramadol addiction. Google "Tramadol Addiction" and you will find people who have been down the same path as heroine, and other opiate addictions.

The major difference is that Tramadol is not considered to be a "Narcotic" as of yet. But don't worry. It's time is very near.

In short... They will help take the WD's away.... but there is another demon in that bottle as well.... He just happens to wear an innocent face for now.

The great thing about Trams is that you can get them online still.

So... Be Careful!!!!!

For me tramadol is decent for w/d. It gets rid of the edge, the most unbearable symptoms. I just try to not rely on tramadol any more than other opiates.

I found tramadol to be excellent for withdrawals, though as someone has said, you can end up trading one addiction for another. When I used tramadol for wd I found that for the first day I might feel a little strange, not depressed or having wd symptoms, just strange. After that is was euphoric for me. But remember what has been said about addictions. I definately am NOT bragging when I say that my daily dose of tramadol now is just north of 30,or 1500 mgs. I have never experienced a problem and I have been on this drug for 8 years or so. I have been on the above dose for over a year. I must, and I mean MUST, slowly bring that number down. But to get back to the original question, yes, tramadol can help. Just do not stay on it for very long.

anyone that says that they are a walk in the park has not had a major tramadol addiction. Google "Tramadol Addiction" and you will find people who have been down the same path as heroine, and other opiate addictions.
So... Be Careful!!!!!

You are right that I have not been heavily addicted to tramadol. But I have gone through my share of opiate withdrawals, mild and moderate, I wouldnt really say I have ever experienced severe opiate withdrawals, but at times I have felt like if they were any worse I would kill myself. anyways, yea its hard to compare withdrawals from different drugs because its all dependent on the amount of the drug and the length of addiction AND the person, but personally I found tramadol withdrawals to not be nearly as painful as methadone or oxycontin withdrawals.

when I had tramadol withdrawals they lasted for about 2 shitty weeks, funny thing is, I used Codiene to stave of the tram withdrawals which worked fine and althought Codiene is a stronger opiate than tram, I felt that I wanted the tram more. I like the buzz of tram more than the quick 20 minutes rush of codiene that goes away so quick, I like my long lasting speedy tram feeling over that anyday

If u develop a habit from tramadol would taking nubain onset the wd symptoms like it does with other opiotes?

I didnt meen prevent them, just postpone them until i can get my hands on some real opiate. act as an opiate if you will, if it's not already. i dont know much about the drug. i heard tramadol was a derivative of the opium plant as well

My two cents: Yes, it will help, however don't go overboard, than can and will lower your seizure threshold so use as little as possible. I just had a seizure on trams last week - scary stuff. But otherwise YES, they will aid in w/d as long as you don't get addicted to the trams because the w/d from trams is worse than most. So go for it, use sparingly if possible and hope you can avoid any painful symptoms. GL.

For me tramadol works WONDERS for wd symptoms. Using anywhere from 200-350 mgs will completely bring me out of whithdrawl. Its worked both while i had a 240mg a day oxy habit and also with a H habit in the 5-10 bag range(sniffed). Stuff works better for me than subs.

How the hell did all you people get relief from tramadol? I've tried it for heroin withdrawal and it's been no more effective than cauliflower.

yea I really don't see how anyone can say that tramadol is more effective at treating withdrawals for them.....they must have not been taking enough bupe. Even though most people dont need more than 8mg even for a large habit. Maybe itsjust the fact you can get buzzed off trammies...

Body chemistry is the culprit. For some tramadol works wonders, while others get no more relief from it than they would from, oh say, cauliflower!;-) I get excellent results from tramadol, pain relief and withdrawal relief both.

I just read your post about Ultram from 2010. Do you remember if Ultram helped ease the withdrawal symptoms? I'm getting ready to go from hydrocodone to Ultram and am praying the withdrawal won't be as severe as cold turkey. Any insight you can give would be great. Also, did you ever try Bali Kratom,an herbal supplement that supposedly helps with withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks!

I'm about to find out myself. And about choosing one wd over another... Anything is better than opiate and alcohol wds

Status
Not open for further replies.