• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

will tramadol/ultram stop opiate withdrawls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP havent u considered the fact that you will eventually withdrawl and it will be worse than when you started. Why not just withdrawl now since ur already addicted and save the hydros for when you have no tolerance and get high like once a week. Its not hard and u dont have to go through hell.

U know I have tried everything to stop withdrawals from very high doses of Oxy & Fentanyl and have also quite cold turkey several times. Since a few times I had success changing to morphine or something else for a week before then going to suboxone for a week I tried to repeat this many times and have found every time I stop is different. I'm sure it depends on what dosage of ur Med ur taking and for how long as to how bad ur withdrawals will be but it also varies. As someone stated I had learned that often it's better to suck it up and go thru the withdrawals cuz u just prolong the inevitable assuming u want to stop, My first time going to suboxone for a week worked for me but after a few times and taking subs for much longer periods subs are horrible to stop now. In fact they last so much longer than Oxy. & in the past tramadol worked when switching from subs to stop withdrawals and was able to stop those after 3-5 days. So they might help withdrawals & tie you over until u get more if that is what u want to do but if u want to quit then I recommend u either stop cold turkey or try tramadol for a week then quite altogether cuz as addicts of pills we can't take anything as indicated and without becoming addicted at some point soon and ur ultimately just delaying the inevitable unless u plan to be addicted to stuff forever! & I wish I was told this in the beginning and that after stopping using subs more than 2 or 3 times it doesn't work the same way cuz I did the rapid detox on a Friday 2 different times and by Sunday morning was feeling good except anxiety & I thought this way, that is if it's easy and painless then I can go back on Oxy and stop again later in life and in both instances I did this rapid detox I was back on opiates by the 3rd night. These meds run your life!!

I've tried a few different things when coming off relatively low level heroin use, including tramadol. I don't think it works as well as codeine, and maybe a benzo or zopiclone for sleep, but everyone's different, as are our addictions. Try it, see what works and be careful. I would only use these weaning drugs for a few days, definitely not more than a week. Good luck

I'm coming off of a 180mg a day Oxy habit & tramadol taken with Lyrica and Klonopin has helped immensely. I haven't had much energy but have been able to eat and sleep peacefully. However I've been taking 150mg of Trams every 4 hours which comes out to a lot...too much, waaay over the 400mg recommended daily dosage. I'm on day 3 & plan on starting to taper off Trams with Kratom tomorrow. But yes, it helps. A lot. Especially if ur in chronic pain like me.

This last post in this thread is nearly two years old.

Not anymore it ain't. Right? Like, NO SHIT, I hadn't noticed oh thanks for pointing that out to me. Why do u even care? I was in opiate wd n needed to say something to feel better u nit picking ... Nevermind... Not gonna go there.
Hope ur ego was boosted sufficiently by pointing this out.

Not anymore it ain't. Right? Like, NO SHIT, I hadn't noticed oh thanks for pointing that out to me. Why do u even care? I was in opiate wd n needed to say something to feel better u nit picking ... Nevermind... Not gonna go there.
Hope ur ego was boosted sufficiently by pointing this out.

The OP hasn't been here since 2010 bro and we like to let sleeping threads lie. I'm putting this one to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.