EDC Electric Daisy Carnival 2010?

I knew I wasn't going to this for a reason. Chemical Brothers in August. :D

Hollywood Bowl? Ya, it's going to be epic...even if Chromeo is playing.

Bummer it ends at 10 though.
Rumor has it that they're going to be doing $1 nosebleeds.

Woah! I've never been the the HB. From the very little I've read though it looks like it's going to suck. Is this the case? That rumor sounds too good to be true though. I'm probably going to sink $65 into tickets.

The Chemical Brothers Live is not even a once a year thing though.

Depends on where you are really. I, sadly, missed out on Underworld when they played there in 07, so I cant say what its like to be there for an electronic event, but as a venue itself its very nice. Id imagine if you get seats in J or even the M row you'd be fine. I just went through the ticket buying process to see what prices were like and one ticket in the J section (a very nice section I might add) was $60 after fee's. I might just go with this as its a great price for Chem Bro's live.

Ill stop threadjacking this thread though. Maybe we should make a new thread for it?

edit: just saw that that's the "super seating" area, aka VIP of some sort. Much cheaper to go just one row over or up. Well, its set your own price as of now, so you can pick one out for yourself.

Im just snagged two tickets in section N1 (right in the middle just one row up from J.

Cant. Freaking. Wait.

They're set at Coachella in 2009 was great, even for a DJ set, so the live one will knock my shoes off, im sure.

But with that, EDC, and HARD Summer, i'm totally tapped out. Damn

Last edited:
It's been ages since I went to the Hollywood Bowl, but I do not think I'd like it for an electronic show because it is like stadium / bleacher seating. I prefer to be in an open area for walking, mingling, lounging, dancing. But, you know, with the right drugs, any setting can seem perfect.

~psychoblast~

Insomniac Events.. I have a bone to pick with you!

What is this 7 drink max for the VIP!?? If I pay that much money and have received open bar before, whats up with this year!?? You guys are making bank off EDC and it should be an open bar in the VIP. $150 - $175 a ticket and a 7 drink max.. In my opinion that is complete bull! If general admission goes for $65 and 7 drinks @ $10 (high) is $70 then that comes out to $135. I'm paying the other $15 - 35 just so I can get in faster, and share a reserved VIP area with others?? I think that is pretty crappy. I lost some respect for you guys.. because when I went in 08 is wasn't as popular (not making as much money as it is now) and it was an open bar for VIP! Please, if you could explain why this decision was made, a high paying customer would definitely like to know.

I'm stoked on seeing Excision, his shit is sssssssiiiick

Last edited:
nate arent you from NoCar? You flyin' out for EDC? Thats rad man!
Excision is going to bloody kill it, I cant wait for that.

Still need to figure out my chemical scheduling plan for this.....

Excision is one of the acts I'm definitely sad I'm not seeing.

What is this 7 drink max for the VIP!?? If I pay that much money and have received open bar before, whats up with this year!?? You guys are making bank off EDC and it should be an open bar in the VIP. $150 - $175 a ticket and a 7 drink max.. In my opinion that is complete bull! If general admission goes for $65 and 7 drinks @ $10 (high) is $70 then that comes out to $135. I'm paying the other $15 - 35 just so I can get in faster, and share a reserved VIP area with others?? I think that is pretty crappy. I lost some respect for you guys.. because when I went in 08 is wasn't as popular (not making as much money as it is now) and it was an open bar for VIP! Please, if you could explain why this decision was made, a high paying customer would definitely like to know.

Wait, doesn't it mean that you get 7 free Well drinks(vodka, beer, jack&coke, etc.) for being VIP, and then past that you can buy drinks from the VIP only bar?

Truthfully I don't know.. Although I do believe that they changed back to an open bar until 1:45am. It first said on the website maximum of 7 drinks, but I believe a lot of people were unhappy with that and now it says 'Hosted bar includes both alcoholic & Non-alcoholic beverages: beer, vodka, energy drinks & water) - Liquor is served until 1:45am'. I'm still a little skeptical because it seemed like they were trying to pull a fast one. I am pleased that it is changed and there is no maximum. Although I did lose some respect for Insomniac, the fact that they changed it in a timely manner shows that they do care about their customers, so they definitely got some of my respect back.

They really need to come out with the full line up for this already :|

^Fellow OC'er, nice. I'm abroad in Switzerland, won't be going this year but I'd have love to see Benassi and Deadmau5 w/ AVB!

nate arent you from NoCar? You flyin' out for EDC? Thats rad man!
Excision is going to bloody kill it, I cant wait for that.

Still need to figure out my chemical scheduling plan for this.....

and yesssirrrr I live in NC... but I lived in san diego for a gooooood bit of my life and go out every summer ;) soooo stoked, I just bought my plane tic and my edc tix that i've been saving up for ;D fuck yeah

l_650d0c81b8cb49beb63f334cafc82a25.jpg

I will be at this stage a lotttt Friday ;D

Alright, this is a load of shit on Insomniac's part. We're less than a month away from the event, and the full line up isnt even out yet.

Ive seen sneak peaks all around the web, but theres a ton of holes and no one is really confrimed yet other than the few artists they've put up and the few posters theyve let out. This is very unprofesional on Insomniac's part, and I really hope this unprofessionalism doesnt continue or this might be my last Insomniac event.

^ That was one of the main reasons I hesitated on buying a ticket. I didn't even know which day to buy! I had a feeling that this might continue to the one place it can't be had; the front gate.

Maybe they are still trying to negotiate some artists. I hope everything comes out soon though.