EDC Electric Daisy Carnival 2010?

it's officially the 20th why can't i buy my ticket yet??!!!!! fuck the lineup is amazing so far. i can't wait.

i'd love it if benassi and atb were there as well ^____^

Why? Theyve been there plenty, lets get some new acts instead of boring repeats.

It depends.. I went VIP for my first time in 08 and it was totally worth it (although it was 150.. this time for sat it's 175). My gf and I got in right away when the people we were with took them two hours to get in. Open bar is pretty nice.. and being able to have space with an adult crowd is definitely good. So if you have the extra change and don't mind spending it then yeah totally do it. If not then just get GA because you'll spend a lot of time outside the VIP area anyway and it will still be a blast. But if you want to drink and you're over 21 a domestic beer cost about $8. I've decided to go VIP this year because I haven't really gone out too much since new years so I will party hard at EDC in the VIP! haha %)
See ya there!

Thanks a lot for the info! Was it hard to get drinks at the open bar? Probably going to do VIP just gotta see if I can get work off those days.

Thanks a lot for the info! Was it hard to get drinks at the open bar? Probably going to do VIP just gotta see if I can get work off those days.

Yeah no problem. The selection is small but it was pretty fast to get drinks.

Has anyone heard of any possible after parties or is it still to soon to know?

EDC LA Confirmed : Armin Van Buuren, Deadmau5, Moby, Groove Armada (DJ Set), MSTRKRFT, ATB, Above & Beyond, Infected Mushroom, BT, Boyz Noize, Sasha, Kaskade, Claude VonStroke, Shy FX, Laidback Luke, Steve Aoki, Wolfgang Gartner, Break, DJ Marky, Felix Cartal, Excision, Afrojack, Jack Beats, Sound of Stereo, Dirtyphonics, 12th Planet, and Swedish House Mafia

Missed a few, here's the full list so far as far as I know:

Groove Armada, ATB, MSTRKRFT, Armin van Buuren, Infected Mushroom, BT, Boys Noize, Deadmau5, Above & Beyond, Sasha, Kaskade, Claude VonStroke, Shy FX, Laidback Luke, Steve Aoki, Wolfgang Gartner, Break, DJ Marky, Felix Cartal, Excision, Afrojack, Jack Beats, Dirtyphonics, Sound of Stereo, 12th Planet, Swedish House Mafia, Benny Benassi, David Guetta, Axwell, Crookers, DJ Chuckie

I went in 2001 (I could be off a year) when it was one day at Hansem Dam and it started around midday or mid-afternoon. It was pretty awsome because it was in a park-like setting with carnival rights and you got familiar with the layout in the daylight, then the sun set and everyone's blinky and glow stuff came out and the place really went off the hook.

Oh, and it didn't hurt that my friends and I sat most of the time next to this dude selling k and he and I totally e-bonded and he gave me free samples. Also met up with some BL'ers.

I wanted to go back to another EDC, but the next year they moved the venue and started it later and it turned me off of it. Looks like it has continued to evolve. I have yet to go to a massive in an urban sports arena, looks kind of crowded, stark and disorienting, but who knows?

~psychoblast~

Just bought me and my chick the 2 day passes. This will be my first EDC - my coworkers are all going and we are going to fucking have a blast.

I hope not, that place is a total mess, but its probably going to end up being that.

What I really hope is that they put the DnB stage in a better place. Last year it being on the dirt absolutely sucked.

lol the dirt... and then everyone blows their noses and thinks their brain melted-ded ^__^

already got the hotellll even tho i didn't convince my bf to go yet but i will use my womanly powers eh and it will be amazing!!! last year was sick and ridiculous even tho i lost my friends instantly, but then again i found a brazilian soulmate but then again i'm just blabbering because i'm oh so jazzed about this.

well i guess it's a bit early to think of it but what's everyone doing after?

I blew black snot for 2 days! 8(

I lost my friend pretty quick as well, but the friendly environment let me meet up with a million others almost instantly which was incredibly fun.

I havent decided what to do afterwards yet, but i'll probably end up either at a hotel party like last year.

lwell i guess it's a bit early to think of it but what's everyone doing after?

I want to keep on partying after! The night is still young @ 2am. If you guys hear anything open to the public or wouldn't mind a fellow bluelighter coming please let me know...And I'll do the same :)

... And YAY! It's official! My 50th post! Woo Hoo!=D

electricdaisycarnival-20080628-010.jpg

I really wish we had parties this big in TN. We do get some decent dj's in Nashville occasionally. Knoxville has a bit of a scene, too but never anything on that grand of a scale. Wish I was there...:)

aw afterrr parties yea i'm down but i hope my friends are too, i tend to be the longest survivor in these things.

and i wish they'd confirm the lineup those fucks

I'm working on getting a hotel with my friends. Are there clubs in LA that go tell 7 AM?

yea there are some, a lot go til 6 am, but last call is at 2 am (by california law) or sometimes even 1:30 am depending on the club so you couldn't get any drinks. hotel party/other after party is probably a better idea. lol that being said pick the after party carefully unless you're after ptots n such.

Ya, the afterparty scene is really the hotel party scene. The adventurer is a major party hotel after EDC (as well as most of the HARD events) and the parties are usually pretty bangin'.

I ended up staying at some motel with people I had just met last year (with a friend of course) and the entire motel was full of ravers. Everyone was bouncin' from room to room smokin' bowls, giving lightshows, etc. It was a ton of fun!

A lot of the hotel/motel parties you have to "be in the know" for though.

As long as you meet at least two people though (you're bound to meet tons) you'll find a way to end up at some sort of afterparty.

Besides all that, there's always people passing out fliers for afterparty's at the gate when it ends.

Damn... that picture is reminding me of last years ATB set when they played "ecstasy" and the fireworks went off. It's giving me the chills as I type.

Does anyone know what day Above and Beyond is going to play? I really want to hear Justine Suissa's voice echoing in the night air. A few select songs of theirs really hit my soul and send me to another galaxy. As soon as I find out what day, I'll probably buy my ticket accordingly.

And I hope x's3 that this year's event is at the Coliseum. The Coliseum is the only way to go. Last time I went to the Sports Arena for Monster my car got jacked. Ever since then its kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. If any of you fellow BL'ers want to meet up, I'm more than willing to do so.

Last time I went to the Sports Arena for Monster my car got jacked.
Oh shit, I remember that! :( major suck. That was your first rave as well, no?

I don't know if I'm going to go this year. I'm just getting a bad feeling about it.