Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tapentadol - New Experience - My report on a new opioid

gman7104

Bluelighter
Tapentadol is a relativly new opioid that was approved by the FDA on June 22, 2009. It is a schedule II drug in the US, and is currently sold in doses of 50, 75, and 100mg under the trade name Nucynta.

Since this drug is so new, it is not very well known. Therefore, I am posting this report to share with everyone here my personal experience with the drug, and what recreational value it has.

Information I have compiled from other sources prior to dosing:
It appears many people don't see much recreational value of the drug. I've read that it "works for some people, and dosen't for others" In addition, (from wikipedia) "this drug has a very limited potential for abuse" and "the decision of the DEA to put this drug in schedule II seems poorly thought out" though this information could easily be biased, especially since the information about abuse was only added a few days ago.

How I obtained the drug:

Earlier today I called a few people and asked if they had any oxies, since I love it and haven't done it in months. Only one person said yes, and he told me he would sell me 5 for 20. I figured I couldn't go wrong, even if they were 5mg percs, it wouldn't be a ripoff.

I got 5 round orange pills that i've never seen before, and suspected immediatly that I got ripped off. I looked up the pill number, and it's Tapentadol, 100mg each. I then researched information about the drug, and was relieved when I saw it was an opioid and a schedule II drug, however, became skeptic when I read from many people that it was junk.

I didn't find my information in terms of recreational use, so I figured the best way to find out was to just pop them.

The report:

At 10:30 PM, I popped one 100mg pill.

T+ 00:45 - I feel slight relaxtion, but this could easily be a placebo. I'm getting a little skeptic since it's been 45 mins and I haven't felt anything yet.

T+ 00:55- I stand up and immediatly notice that I'm slightly disoriented. It feels somewhat similiar to benzos at this stage

T +1:10 - High has certainly come up significantly since T + 00:55, but it feels like it's leveling off, so I decide to take another 100mg pill.

T+ 1:25- I was wrong, the high continues to come up quickly. I'm actually quite impressed. The effects are very similiar to oxycodone, but with less euphoria and a lot less nod.

T + 1:45- High has leveled off. Not sure if the second pill kicked in yet. This is actually quite intense, but again, it is less euphoric and noddy than oxycodone.

t + 1:55- I feel wonderful! The high didn't get any more intense, but it certainly got way more relaxed, and now I'm feeling an awesome body high. When I get up to walk around, it increases the body high in my legs tenfold. There is still way less nod than oxycodone, but the high itself feels only a little less intense than oxycodone. I am relaxed but not at all sedated like i am on oxies.

T + 2:10- My whole body feels very warm and comforting. I'm beginning to think this body high is even better than the body high oxycodone gives you.

T + 2:30- The body high gets better still! Feels like a blanket of euphoria wrapped around my entire body. There is now signs that i'm coming down slightly. Closing my eyes listening to reggae causes me to nod out a little, and it's pure bliss.

T + 2:55- Body high is still excellent, but now i'm nodding way more. The intensity has dropped significantly, but the body high and nod remain the same (mabye decreased a bit). This high is lasting way longer than oxycodone already and it's not even close to being over.

T+ 3:30- high dropped significantly, so I'm off to bed. (EDIT: lying down in bed was a wonderful feeling)

In conclusion- WOW. I honestly wasn't remotely expecting such a blissful experience. In some ways, this drug is even better than oxycodone, if not better overall regardless. I've never been so happy to get "ripped off". The high is a typical opiate high (though in my mind, more relaxed a few hours into the trip than most opiate highs) The big advantage to this drug is that it's cheap, and from what i've read, builds up tolerance and addiction much slower than other opiates (though I can't contest to this). I would certainly recommend that others try this drug if they can. Some people say it works for certain people and not for others, so mabye I just got lucky. Hopefully, this drug will become more popular, since I apparently got very lucky that I got my hands on some.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tapentadol
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
yep it was pretty typical, except less drowsy and more relaxed. It also lasted way longer, which was the most significant thing I noticed as compared to oxycodone.

Nice. They way your report sounds and the name suggests....if I were a gambling man i'd say it may be similar to, but hopefully more "potent" than tramadol. An analog perhaps? Either way i'd like to try it once.

No Detrevni i dont think its more potent, as it seems that this chemical comes in the same dose as tramadol, but is stronger analgesically (is that a word?)

this chemical seems interesting, especially for a man who loves all his opiates%) Id love to see some more info on this drug. Hopefully more will become know about it, especially the "works for some, not for others." Seems the only reason for that would be a genetic one? Im not sure. someone correct me if im wrong.

thx for the info

No Detrevni i dont think its more potent, as it seems that this chemical comes in the same dose as tramadol, but is stronger analgesically (is that a word?)

this chemical seems interesting, especially for a man who loves all his opiates%) Id love to see some more info on this drug. Hopefully more will become know about it, especially the "works for some, not for others." Seems the only reason for that would be a genetic one? Im not sure. someone correct me if im wrong.

thx for the info

I think I read somewhere that it is more potent than tramadol, not sure though.

Well everybody's body chemistry is different, and drugs affect everyone differently. Hydrocodone, for example, does not work for me whatsoever. I've taken up to 40mg and only felt drowsy. I've also heard this from many other people.

It could be genetic, but either way, I heard some say that this drug didn't do much for them, which is unfortunate.

Isnt it? lol I would love to see if it works on me. And then do some experiments with my opiate using friends to see if there is any "works on some, not on others" phenomena goin on.

3.5 hours is a LOT longer than oxycodone for you? Weird. For me oxy lasts at least 6 hours, easy.

I have taken this Nucynta a handful of times, and I am very unimpressed.

If you are a person who thoroughly enjoys methadone, oxycodone, heroin and the like, or if you have legitimate pain, that this drug is NOT going to be better in more ways than oxycodone.

Euphoria is most of what pain relief comes from, and these new opioids on the market are supposed to be less addictive, but they are really less effective on pain as well.

I guess try it, and if it gets you high then more power to you.

3.5 hours is a LOT longer than oxycodone for you? Weird. For me oxy lasts at least 6 hours, easy.

I second this. I never had a tolerance for opiates though, except when I went on week-long fentanyl binges.

^From what I have read about the chemical elsewhere, it seems like a controlled version of tramadol, being slightly more effective and recreational.

I'm perscribed it for chronic pain and it is similar to tram in the fact that you don't get quite as tired from the SNRI as other opioids. As far as an opioid receptor agonist it doesn't really compare to tramadol, when switching from tram to nucynta their was a big difference in level of euphoria and pain releif. mrjackjones is correct that it does have much more recreational and analgesic value then tram. There's been tones of people asking about this stuff so any questions you have I can try to answer as best as possible.

Comparatively I would say 100mg equals roughly 10mg oxy as far as the opioid feeling goes but everyone responds different. Because of this I wouldn't say its fair to take 100mg and decide its crap if your normal dose on oxy is 20 or 30mg or up. One thing I wounder is if their is a ceiling on it that is similar to tramadol with seizures from the SNRI. I got 180 50mg pills for 70 with insurance, however ive heard it is upwards of 400+ if ur uninsured. Overall it can be a good choice for people who are starting with opioids, but I wouldn't say a heavy longterm user could get a great affect from it. Tolerance hasn't developed too quickly yet but I've only been using them about 20 days.

i got some prescribed yesterday and immediately popped four. felt a slight buzzy feeling . i couldnt really tell because i had already done 150mg of oxy that day. i took a few today wtith my normal dose. tommorrow i'll just take the nucynta and report back. i

I as well just got a script filled today for nucynta 100mg. and was a little surprised by it. I had read on here some before I got it filled and really was expecting it to be similar to tramadol (which does nothing for me). I ate two right off and gave it an hour but was beginning to give up on it. Went with two more after the hour and had the same body buzz that Gman described above but had some hardcore dizzy feelings (which I never get on anything else). Again agreed that I got a little less euphoria than I am used to on oxy and hydrocodone but was still nice. Just wanted to add to the knowledge base for this newer drug.. later.

Also.. if you insufflate get ready for burning like a mo-fo.