• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Triazolam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't anybody do their homework? Yes, I mentioned above that it has the shortest 'half-life' of all the benzos.

And since it's a legal sleeping pill I'm sure it would not pose a problem to most drug screens, but here I could be wrong? :\

Did I not qualify myself in this particular area? I certainly am not proud of my former 'Halcyon Daze'.

ok buddy, easy there.
triazolam having the shortest half-life isn't as clear cut as u would like us to believe. brotizolam's, zolazepam's, and triazolam's half-lives overlap, so its not as cut and dry.

And no, u did not "qualify yourself" in this particular area.
There was NEVER a 1 mg tablet of halcion. the highest halcion dose used to be 0.5 mg tabs, until they were discontinued and now there is only the 0.125 mg and the 0.25 mg tabs.

During those years I had around five doctors I was bouncing back and forth from so I could acquire up to 50 1mg pills per month. Even so I could never make them last more than two weeks. The withdrawal was horrific and I am told is more dangerous than Heroin. Rebound Insomnia prevented any successful 'clinical' use. I would love to read statistics on how many lives were destroyed during the 1mg Halcion Heydays.

I would welcome hearing anyone else's experiences with this devastating drug.

Peace.

no lives were destroyed simply because there never was a 1 mg halcion tablet.

and regarding withdrawals, Dr. Ashton claimed that triazolam withdrawals were nowhere as vicious as lorazepam, alprazolam, or temazepam wds because of the fact that its half life was too short.

In my experience, the only exception to the general rule of slow reduction is triazolam (Halcion). This benzodiazepine is eliminated so quickly (half-life 2 hours) that you are practically withdrawn each day, after a dose the night before. For this reason, triazolam can be stopped abruptly without substitution of a long-acting benzodiazepine.

Dr. Ashton's own words

no lives were destroyed simply because there never was a 1 mg halcion tablet.

and regarding withdrawals, Dr. Ashton claimed that triazolam withdrawals were nowhere as vicious as lorazepam, alprazolam, or temazepam wds because of the fact that its half life was too short.

Dr. Ashton's own words

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. Although my memory is hazy at best, Upjohn was approved for marketing in the Netherlands in 1977 at 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 mg strengths.

Although what I was prescribed in the U.S. in 1989 were the .5's I also was buying them offshore from another source years before that.

I suggest you do your homework before sounding like a dimestore quack.

Here is my source:
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sociology/documents/ssm02.pdf

Now where is your source?

-owned :p

Appendix A. Chronology of Halcion events
1977 Approved for marketing in the Netherlands
at 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 mg strengths
1978 Upjohn cite P321 data as reassurance of
long-term safety to UK CSM
1978 Approved for marketing in the UK at 0.125
and 0.25mg strengths
1979 Van der Kroefand hundreds ofother
Dutch doctors report adverse psychiatric
effects
1979 Banned in the Netherlands
1979 Boston ‘thought leader conference’ chaired
by Ayd
1979 Lancet letter casting doubt on validity of
van der Kroef’s reports
1979/1980 Upjohn undertake ‘comprehensive review
ofall available evidence’ pertaining to
safety concerns in the Netherlands
1982 UK CSM states that the adverse experiences
seem unique to the Netherlands,
where the dose used was at least double
that recommended in the UK
1982 Approved for marketing in the US at 0.125,
0.25 and 0.5 mg strengths
1982 Oswald clinical trials suggest less safe than
other hypnotics
1982 US FDA inform Upjohn that a principal
clinical investigator on pre-marketing Halcion
clinical trials is disqualified for submitting
false data
1984 US FDA inform Upjohn that a clinical
investigator on pre-marketing Halcion clinical
trials is disqualified for submitting false
data
1985 Dutch Council ofState (Crown Court)
reverses the Dutch regulatory authority’s
banning
1986 Halcion receives far more spontaneous
adverse drug reaction reports than any
other benzodiazepines in the UK since its
marketing
1987 Recommended dosage change in US from
0.5 to 0.25 mg
1989 Oswald calls for withdrawal from market
on safety grounds
1990 Dutch regulatory authorities required to
‘reapprove’ at 0.125 and 0.25 mg strengths
1990/1991 Grundberg litigation in US discovers
wholesale omissions ofmedical events in
reporting ofP321
1991 UK MCA learn that P321 data submitted
initially were unreliable and that the protocol
implies significant association with
adverse psychiatric effects, seemingly confirming
van der Kroef
1991 UK MCA learn that some key clinical
investigators have been disqualified by the
FDA because ofsubmission off alse data
1991 Licence suspended in UK on advice of
CSM
1992 UK Medicines Commission recommends
return to market at 0.125 mg strength only
1993 UK Panel of‘Appointed Persons’ recommends
return to market at strengths 0.0625,
0.125 and 0.25mg
1993 Banned in UK, accepting the view ofthe
CSM above others

Dr. Ashton's own words[/URL]

One mo thang.
Unless Dr.Ashton behaved like Dr. Sigmund Freud (becoming addicted for scientific purposes) I highly doubt the fine Dr. Ashton knew anything at all about Halcion withdrawl. :\

done.

During those years I had around five doctors I was bouncing back and forth from so I could acquire up to 50 1mg pills per month.

^ that is what u claimed in your original post.

I don't care how they were prescribed in the Netherlands, in the United States they NEVER EVER came in 1 mg strength, ever!

u claimed u were getting "up to 50 1mg pills per month" from doctors -- u never said u were getting the 0.5mg pills.

LMAO now u claim u were getting the 1mg pills from "offshore from another source years before that", in the 1980's ????
dude, you're lying and making shyt up.

Plus, where exactly were u getting these phantom "1mg halcions" from overshore anyways?
The netherlands approved halcion in 1977 and banned them in 1979.
No one else ever had 1 mg halcion tabs, besides the Netherlands (for only 2 years)

One mo thang.
Unless Dr.Ashton behaved like Dr. Sigmund Freud (becoming addicted for scientific purposes) I highly doubt the fine Dr. Ashton knew anything at all about Halcion withdrawl. :\

done.

I'll take Dr. Ashton's word over yours, thanks.

Last edited:
^ that is what u claimed in your original post.

I don't care how they were prescribed in the Netherlands, in the United States they NEVER EVER came in 1 mg strength, ever!

u claimed u were getting "up to 50 1mg pills per month" from doctors -- u never said u were getting the 0.5mg pills.

LMAO now u claim u were getting the 1mg pills from "offshore from another source years before that", in the 1980's ????
dude, you're lying and making shyt up.

Plus, were exactly were u getting these "1mg halcions" from overshore anyways?
The netherlands approved halcion in 1977 and banned them in 1979.
No one else ever had 1 mg halcion tabs, besides the Netherlands (for only 2 years)

You're the liar dude. But you gave it a good try by adding in the line-"I don't care how they were prescribed in the Netherlands, in the United States they NEVER EVER came in 1 mg strength, ever!"

So, did you mean
#1 Upjohn never made 1mg pills
or
#2 in the United States they NEVER EVER came in 1 mg strength

At least you did your homework this time. I'm glad you read the article.
Good practice for when you graduate high school. .

You know, if I didn't have ADD I would continue this worthless drival but I need my Adderal right now.

You're the liar dude. But you gave it a good try by adding in the line-"I don't care how they were prescribed in the Netherlands, in the United States they NEVER EVER came in 1 mg strength, ever!"

So, did you mean
#1 Upjohn never made 1mg pills
or
#2 in the United States they NEVER EVER came in 1 mg strength

At least you did your homework this time. I'm glad you read the article.
Good practice for when you graduate high school. .

You know, if I didn't have ADD I would continue this worthless drival but I need my Adderal right now.

In the united states the 1 mg strength was not approved to be prescribed (the highest strength was 0.5 mg).

In the Netherlands they were approved in 1977 and taken off the market in 1979.

No other country was prescribing 1 mg tabs -- and u never ever got any 1 mg halcions here in the U.S. or anywhere else for that matter.

I saw a blister pack of brand name Pfizer Halcion 0.25mg right on the sidewalk in front of the grocery store. Blister pack 0f 10. Triazolam is available in Canada, but the brand name isn't, ONE generic company makes it. So that's either and old lady who takes the script as needed and accumulated the 10x blister packs and dropped out one of her purse.In any case, I thought I would never ever see Triazolam, I got to see AL-52, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD. Now only a Mandrax (the brand name for Quaaludes up here) pill handful, from the last batches in 84 would make my druggie dreams come true. But I verified, the Mandrax I thought was still legal in South Africa...it's just that they were so popular chemists started making them for organized crime over there.So. I have hell lot of benzos, my bromazepam script, my temazepam script, flunitrazolam blotters, clonazolam blotters, Arem brand Nitrazepam from Eastern Europe or something, Etizolam powder.

I am in no risk of being in withdrawal on a rx refill day and I'm being conscientious. But now this beast, with only a rival that is illegal in Canada (brotizolam) entered my house through my pocket, where I put the blister pack in, then went doing my groceries, came back home. Took a moment in awe under an intense light, yep, I read fine, Halcion 0.25mg.I got a sore throat and would rather not work this afternoon, I have the luxury of picking my own hours, as long as the upload date limit is met. So that day I only had a little Etizolam powder, 5mg in the very early morning, to get back to sleep when that didn't work had 1mg clonazolam and it worked. Stil feeling it a little when I went for the groceries, just enough so I had no GAD and no agoraphobia. I get back here and I say to myself...it's practically impossible to get a script for this, and if you do it's going to be some generic company you never even heard of (AA Pharms...never saw AA-medication on a bottle).So I felt ill, in fact I feel more ill now, when I speak my voice is screwed up, thanks to my nurse of a girlfriend, she doesn't live with me and I end up getting the diseases she only feels very slightly, it's always worse when it's a men's cold. But the triazolam? I sat there in my office, listening to a Podcast, 5 minutes or a bit less even, a single 0.25mg triazolam blew everything on the RC scene out of the water, well except flubromazolam...that one is still the stronger (but not the most pleasant). This? It felt very pleasant, but my instincts were to walk into my bedroom and go to sleep right away.Best.sleep.medication.ever, 6 hours uninterrupted and i had already had 5 hours during the night, I feared I would have to pick a bunch into my reserves but did not. Whoever dropped this blister pack of Halcion 0.25mg, thanks, I hope you were a tourist and the lost was fixed for you, but you won't be reading this. To Pfizer : Lobby harder.I got 9 other 0.25mg pills and I will not be taking them until I feel miserable from benzo wd sometimes, I'm already shielded from this for a long time, but better to keep that as in the monograph I found online for Pfizer's Halcion : For extreme insomnia, where the symptoms of lack of sleep cause a dangerous behaviour or mental symptoms in the patient for a short 7 to 10 day treatment until patient is stabilized. You got it guys, you got it.

Last edited:
You love you some benzo Real Oblivion, huh? Triazolam is my favorite benzo but, even the best among peers benzo, is nothing compared to most opioids or stimulants to me. I dont have anxiety but do sleep like shit so I have a bit of a legit medical problem benzos may be used for. Still dont even bother. Too each their own I guess. Glad you finally got to give in a ride.

Yeah, I admit to loving benzos, mixed with a little (4 150 dollar sessions were enough) counselling and the slowing down of thoughts, I would always have racing thoughts, hard to get to the source of anything when you've got ADD, GAD and Bipolar I. As I cannot take SSRI's/SNRI's because of the Bipolar, and how gross mood stabilizers have been with me (tegretol, trileptal, topamax...topamax being the least bothersome and I didn't get the dumbening some people experience from it and I lost the slight overweight I had then from it, no wonder they came up with a topamax+phenmetrazine medication in the US. Phenmetrazine and basically all weight loss medication have been removed in Canada...even the one I wanted to try because of the weight gain methadone gave me back 4 years ago, 100 pounds in 11 months...and a low cortisol condition which makes it even more difficult to lose weight, I'm questioning whether I should give a try to the 5 or so full Topiramate bottles I got here. It also made it easy to stay at the same dose of the first everyday benzo I was scripted at once with the Topamax by my neurologist.

Clonazepam helped me slow my mind the fuck down and it improved my behaviour in all aspects, cured the HPPD I was given it for and treated the GAD I had since a long time, which was pretty much what my ADD turned into GAD when I quit Dexedrine, helped me with high school and some years of college, now any stimulant is disgusting to me, got jars of Dexedrine and the last time I had a single 10mg spansules because I had a lot of work that one day, 4 hours later I was crashing depressed like if I had no more coke. Benzos cured my HPPD and basically cured my insomnia, I now can sleep without taking benzos before bed. And yes, I'd love to have a jar of every single benzo available in every country :D

I'm especially aggravated that Doral (Quazepam), an hypnotic that does not mess with stages of sleep and REM unlike almost all other sleep aids, is available in the US and yet nobody is scripted it. Never see any chatter about it, yet they will throw multiple milligrams of benzos effective under 1mg to people down there much easier than up here.

I'm pretty lucky to have a GP and psychiatrist who follow the guidelines of Bipolar I and do not force antidepressants I will not take anyway down my throat, or even worse, antipsychotics...once my psychiatrist offered me Symbiax...he knows about my education and how I'm an encyclopedia regarding medication of all sorts, I wasn't sure what Symbiax was, I asked, he said it's Prozac mixed.." and then I cut him, oh yeah, Prozac with Zyprexa...no way am I taking that, and since then I'm treated close to a peer of his. Of course he'd rather I would not be using Diazepam everyday but came to see I did better in life when I did. Everything else is just side-candy. Especially this gift from heaven...I mean, we barely even have one company making generic triazolam here and good fucking luck ever getting it, unless you're a frequent traveller who need something for jet lag, that's why they come into those 10 packs only. Who the hell dropped Pfizer Halcion on the other side of the street from my house...I hope they're not in any trouble because of it, and I truly mean it. "Discontinuation syndrome" from benzos (and apparently antidepressants) is hell on earth, makes opiate withdrawal's week of feeling like you got a major flu a joke.

Speaking of opiates, I'm with you as in they're more pleasurable, although if you're careful both at the same time is better. Believe me I did the opiate ride, wouldn't be on bupe since 3 years (which is more difficult to reduce dosage than methadone) and the times I have done some bupe vacations to enjoy some real full agonists, of course I didn't wait long enough (enough would be a week minimum), but I went 56 hours on purpose, saving my suboxone, and eatin' OxyIR's 20mg a bunch when in pain, I did get painkilling, but 80mg of ir oxycodone taken with these oxy IR 20's, pretty recently, I documented that here, all I got was the, very welcome, painkilling, but barely got a high. This Suboxone shit makes people they have forever altered full agonist receptors, but believe me, if you ever had a professionally mixed nasal spray of a fentanyl analogue, Acetyl-F or Fu-F especially were really great and I felt them late at night when my dose of suboxone (8mg usually) taken early in the morning at 6am-7am. Also, as people put on Suboxone maintenance will have been told by their doctors, that if they really hurt themselves or need a painkiller, they need to tell the doctor they're on Suboxone so you can be given Fentanyl, couple times they authorized it for me I was in agony, once an accident, once a skin infection (unrelated to shooting, shooting Canadian Suboxones is retarded because of the inactives even if you got the best micron or a SteriFilt, the extremely acidic pill with turn into an extremely acidic solution which destroys veins and I don't like to think of what else it could cause. Anyway, I was scripted Abstrals, sublingual fentanyl in those 2 events, first time they gave me the lower dosage of the pills...80ug...did fuck all, had to have 3 at once, so they raised it to the 200ug ones and the other time, it was serious enough I got the second largest dose at 600ug. They work indeed, not much euphoria, but it does displace bupe enough, which I guess if I was to go somewhere where fent-cut heroin was available, it would be just fine for me, heh.

Last edited:
I have been using halcoin for a few days its pretty decent compared to diazepam but Xanax are much better in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.