The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

cocainebadger2.jpg

ASC is good stuff.

I'm on a Plastic City kick this week.

I guess I really am a tech-house head forever.

:)

cool, i use to really get down "tech-house" that stuff is super catchy, like bookshade ? scsi-9 , think a lot of stuff on kompakt too.

One of my favourite clips from Australia circa 2000. Love the watercolour animation, the imagery is like something out of a dream.
Reminds me of good times.

yup. man that sound instantly reminded me of this track Michel Cleis - La Mezcla (Original Mix)

i'm also reminded of this "In April of this year, Donato Dozzy took a set of mouth harps back to his parent’s house in the Italian countryside and set about exploring the possibilities of that most basic of instruments. "

https://dozz.bandcamp.com/

amazeballs!

Technics always comes out with some turntable that costs tons. The gold plated ones, or the mk5s or mk6s. I bought a Numark TT200 and bent the motor or something. My TT500 works fine I guess, although it is basically plastic. My god tho never buy a Numark mixer!

The MK2 is pretty trash tho.

As much as the nostalgia is there I'd much rather DJ on an Allen and Heath with Traktor. The Pioneers looks decent though.

As much as the nostalgia is there I'd much rather DJ on an Allen and Heath with Traktor. The Pioneers looks decent though.
/me raises glass. cheers to that dude. purely nostalgic reasons in my case... a pair of 1200s and a vestax mixer https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Turntables_and_mixer.jpg

prices being what they are now, and to be honest i rather "produce" BUT definitely something i'd like to have once again. man i'ma youtube classic dj stuff . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4alEtaiSw5M

dont get me wrong if I had a couple of grand spare I'd probably get some Technics and maybe a Rane, maybe AH and just have a decent turntable setup. I still have records. I'd probably need a couple of grand to buy some records. And just spin some old skool Breaks or Big Beat, record some sets.

Its just incredibly easier to mix and mix in other directions when beatmatching is not a problem. I can buy 15 tracks or more for the price of a record shipped.

yup , i'm with ya on all that. economical, actual weight... when it comes to practicality the choice is obvious

nostalgia often trumps reason tho heh. heck if i were an actual dj i'd still collect vinyl... i should start that anyways. not gonna pay collector prices on rare stuff, just affordable tunes that i feel a connection to. i really do appreciate the artwork + color and marble vinyl is so pretty.

copypasta:

Well, that's because people have a hard time judging the TR-8 as an instrument of it's own. Instead they compare it to it's older brother, the Legendary TR-808. The TR-808 has that "magic feeling" that analog gear provides. If you line up two 808s, you'll notice after a while that they sound different from each other. That's because the 808 is analogue driven, all the sounds are generated by transistors, so while the core sounds are always the same, there are little nuances you can spot here and there every once in a while. That's where that piece of gear got it's name from, TR actually stands for Transistor Rhythm. That's why some of the "samples" we all know sound "synthetic". Feeling this, Roland actually started sampling sounds in their 909 model. The Hi-hats weren't generated by hardware on the 909 model, instead they were sampled and stored into the internal ROM. Digital sampling evolved, and it's now closer to achieving this effect, through clever techniques like soft modulation/noise insertion (infinite method) and stuff like "Round Robin" sampling (finite method) where you feed one slot with "X" number of slightly different samples from the same sound and every time it plays one random sample from that "X" sample pool. Now, the TR-8 is a great instrument, but if you throw the TR-808 into the equation, which makes sense since the TR-8 is a digital emulation of the 808, I understand why people diss the TR-8, and, this is my personal opinion here, I think they are right. While the TR-8 has more options and a more up to date context, sound wise, for people who know how the 808 well, the TR-8 it's "close but no cigar" Like Telekom Elektronic Beats said, you listen with your ears. Still, the TR-8 is the best way to get a TR-808 if you CAN'T get a TR-808. This is only my opinion on the subject, I'm curious to listen to what Richie would have said about this subject if he was asked to.?