The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

Toa$t, you can steal the Clock Idea if I can steal the dish Idea ;)

What we should do is come up with a 3rd Idea 100% unique. I have a shitload of records I can "donate" in the name of exploration.

OK so I just went down to London for a day, and while I was there I just couldn't resist having a look in HMV. I ended up buying my first CD for about 2 years!!! - Radio Slave's Fabric album - was only £8 too!!!!!!

I love when DJ's/producers explain their gear. Here is Richie Hawtin talking about his setup from a couple years ago during his Vegetable residency.
http://vimeo.com/1655321

Last edited by a moderator:
there's the tune. stills needs a few more bells and whistles/mastering, but you get the idea.

pretty dope actually :) change "dated" to "oldskool" (it does have kind of a retro feeling electro/booty break) and maybe the comment won't seem so scathing.

ps: i'm loving all the record art - i just keep buying new ikea shelving for my vinyl.

I finally got one of those expedit things too. they are so perfect. I def need another one though.

^thx for the kind words.

I'm kinda disappointed at the lineup for Sin City.....they usually always have good house. meh

^ You're not talking about the event Sin City that takes place at The Hudson are you? (I hope not :p)

yeah, I am...you like the lineup?

It's taking place at the hudson? ah man that sucks....

The only people I'm excited about are Astral Projection and Nigel Richards.

Oh no, my apologies, I just read it is taking place at a few venue this year. TBH the line up doesnt intresest me (at least not as much as the previous years.)

Glad it's not at the Hudson anymore though, god I hate that place.

oh thank god....I thought you knew something I didn't. how funny that they said "THIS YEAR WILL BE THE BEST SIN CITY YET !!!" with their weakest lineup.

It would be cool if its at the shrine.

With such a weak line up, I kind of doubt it'd be at The Shrine. All of those DJs are small time, or local DJs. Although maybe with the money they're saving from not booking bigger acts they could have the money to do it at The Shrine, you never know. Just doesnt seem likey. Probably will just be at some warehouse downtown, like Winterfresh 07 was. (Lot 61 I believe?)

Speaking of whether or not to go to shows, I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to see Simon Posford do a DJ set. The pros are an intimate setting with a world-class producer. The cons are that it is not a Shpongle performance and I don't particularly care for their music by itself. I am more attracted to the imagery, performance, and theatrics that come with a real Shpongle show so don't know if the DJ set will leave me feeling satisfied. What do you all think?

Speaking of whether or not to go to shows, I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to see Simon Posford do a DJ set. The pros are an intimate setting with a world-class producer. The cons are that it is not a Shpongle performance and I don't particularly care for their music by itself. I am more attracted to the imagery, performance, and theatrics that come with a real Shpongle show so don't know if the DJ set will leave me feeling satisfied. What do you all think?

I would go if he's going to be spinning some of his goa stuff as well. If he's going as hallucinogen and shpongle then I'd say go for it. If it's just shpongle, I would still be inclined to go but not as much.

So i wanted to put this out there for those in SoCal

HARD Summer Los Angeles Saturday August 7th 2010

It may be the middle of winter, but the HARD team is in full swing for summer. While we dial in every detail to ensure HARD SUMMER 2010 is our best production yet, we're giving you the chance to get involved. How can you help? Simple! Answer this little question:

Which artists should perform
at HARD SUMMER?

Don't be shy -- send your wish list to [email protected] now. If you'd like to get even more involved with HARD, consider joining our Street Team.

So mark your calendars, tell your whole family, and fill out your vacation requests NOW because HARD Summer will take place Saturday, August 7th in Los Angeles.

[email protected]

My requests (which will probably never happen, but it was worth a try):

Bassnectar
The Chemical Brothers - Live
Groove Armada
Plump DJ's
Boys Noize
Fake Blood
Underworld
Shinichi Osawa
The Prodigy
Simian Mobile Disco - DJ Set
Aphex Twin
Surkin

A man can dream

I don't see artists like Chemical Brothers or Underworld playing at hard. It seems like most of the artists that play at hard are electro house. I could see Daft Punk playing there though.

Underworld was on the bill for the last HARD Summer.
Basement Jaxx was at HARD Halloween (which was pretty dope)

Underworld is a possibility, and The Chem Bro's are touring in American in august so that's a possibility as well.

(although it wouldnt upset me if they didnt play HARD Summer as they're playing the bowl august 15th)

I did my homework here ;)