The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

just finished sorting all my records. holy crap that took a long time. 5 full crates of black frisbees going on ebay as 'mystery boxes.' (word to the wise... if you see them, don't feel tempted.) everything is sub-genre coded, gig bagged, and otherwise ready for me to totally fuck it all up again next time I throw a house party.

Just got a copy of Bassnectar's new remix pack! It has some great tunes on it.
Got the DJ Bonus pack so I got a bunch of extra goodies with it. :)

What fills me with the most glee is the fact that it's "Vol 1". =D

These look really fun to play with, anyone know how much they go for?

c939125a99293332323aa7702bf35758.jpg

Ive seen KAOSS Pads for as cheap as $150. I usually see them go for $200
Those particular models are pretty expensive though if my memory serves me correct.

A friend of mine got a dinky little $100 kaoss pad, and theyre super fun to play with. Especially when you hook in your ipod and distort songs.

yeah $200 sounds about right. they're neat little toys, but I don't think I would ever use one for DJing.

That's exactly what I want to do, Thizzer. I don't think I could get bored with it.

8]

If you just want to putz around with songs there are much cheaper and simpler ones.

The Mini KP for example (nsfw for size)
NSFW:
hero_miniKP.jpg

and the KP2 (nsfw for size)

NSFW:
KaossPad_kp2.jpg

i don't get how they would work in a DJ set. can you only affect the master output?

my boy has a diff model and uses it with his tracktor do do loops and whatever, he has it programmed to have each button do a diff thing, and u hear it in the headphones AS you do it, unless u cue the traktor up to have the loop at the break that u seen in the future in the screen, as far as i know. take what i say with a grain of salt, lil twakkkt...

^^ Yeah thats totally sick!!!!!! a friend of mine too one of his fave records, painted the time on it in corresponding locations took an old clock and put the hands and battery pack thing behind the center with the hands sticking out, making the record into a clock which was sick. ill see if i can find any pics online.

dude, I am totally stealing that clock idea. i'm also thinking dishes made of records too, a la:

vinalRecordBowl.jpg

what's MTA?

check out my dining room wall:

Photo2.jpg

pretty badass eh?

Nice! I am going to do a similar thing when I get out of college/grad school and have more money. I'll try and not as a square though, maybe some twisted psychedelic circle of life thing with the "Tales of the Inexpressible" thing in the middle. Or maybe a 3D shpongle mask or something.

If I do indeed become an accountant, some of my colleagues might find this a little weird. Well I don't care! :)

Deepak Sharma (Hidden-Recordings) Time Out NY Interview

Read Deepak's recent interview in Time Out NY where he speaks to the growth of Hidden Recordings and upcoming projects for the label.
http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/clubs/82156/hidden-recordings-deepak-sharma-interview

Deepak's January 2010 on What People Play:
http://www.whatpeopleplay.com/?redirect=/chart/sort/date/id/1676

Deepak guest mix on "Openup" for Proton Radio
http://www.protonradio.com/show.phpaction=bio&showid=166&bioid=771

Those bowls look awsome. I wonder how one would even do such a thing though....

MTA = Metro Transit Authority (the bus!)

I lent my car to my brothers significant other (long story for a rainy day), so I had to take the bus today, and the bus was over a half an hour late :|

Reminds me why I despise city buses.

Dorian Concept - Seriously funky korg master!

Just been checking this guys stuff out today... Corrr blimey! =D
Some wonderful jazzy, funky stuff coming out of this guy :)

Ch-ch-check it!