Bluelight

Thread: oxycodone prescription

1. Collapse Details
    oxycodone prescription 
    Greenlighter
    My husband has a legal prescription, written by his surgeon, for 30 Percocet 10/325. Substitutions are permitted.
    We have been refused this prescription by our 2 regular pharmacies, because he has already filled his normal 30 day supply, for his chronic pain.
    These are extras, that I assume are for the increased pain he is in, due to his surgery. The pharmacist claims the state won't allow him to have any more than the original monthly maintenance prescription calls for.
    My question is: Can we take this prescription across the state line, and get it filled?

2. Collapse Details

What a load of crap. Ive had a Dr tell me that pharmacists need to stop playing 'police' and just do their job.

Sorry, I'm not sure the answer to your question. I would suggest going to a pharmacy that you've never been to. I've had to do that before and it works if they have no record of any past prescriptions etc.

Hope this helps!

3. Collapse Details

I'd contact the doctor and tell him. If it's all legit the doctor will write another script. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that you can't get the exactly same script filled within a month. Like if you get 30 5/325 oxy/apaps every month, you can't get any more 5/325's for that month. But the doctor could write another script for 7.5/500's or any other variation. At least that's my understanding from reading threads like this before. (I may be wrong).

But if everything is on the up and up, just tell the doctor your situation. But I wonder why the doctor would write a script for something he knew you couldn't get filled...unless your husband didn't tell him which could potential lead to some legal trouble.

But like i said I may be wrong. So hopefully a chronic pain patient can post in here, or someone who knows for sure.

4. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    The doctor was aware of his chronic condition, and I assume all his medications, since the pain clinic doctor, is the one that referred my husband to the surgeon.
    As a matter of fact, now I remember telling him(Dr.) about his meds, because he changed his muscle relaxers, to see if they worked any better than his old one.
    Our insurance has a quantity limit for oxycodone, so we knew we would have to pay for it, but never dreamed it would be restricted by the state.
    Thank you all for your help.

5. Collapse Details

Homeless -> BDD

BDD mods, feel free to do what you need to do.

6. Collapse Details

If he has a prescription for the medicine, the pharmacy should give it to him. However, this being a rather controlled narcotic, and having already filled the "indicated" amount i would understand the pharmacists/pharmacies difficulty filling it. Going to a different pharmacy, state or not most likely wont guarantee anything.

7. Collapse Details

Just go to another pharmacy that you have never had a script filled at. Do not mention your insurance. You should have no problem that way.

8. Collapse Details

Having a good pharmacist is worth more then a good doctor, Ive dealt with so many scumbags but finally found a good one.

Goto a different pharmacy you never went to before, and pay with cash... say you dont have insurance thats it

PS: Preferably a non chain pharmacy goto a mom and pops

9. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Problem has been solved.
    Thank you all for your responses.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    sorry this is late as you said you figured it out but next time just have the Dr. call the pharm.....it takes 5 minutes the doc can override it and even get it send through insurance.....this will only work 1 maybe 2 times so just be careful

hope your guy is feeling better glad to hear you figured it out

11. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Thank you, Fent. He is better, and your information could be of use at a later time.
    Thanks to all.