• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Grey/black bluelight

DragonFly31

Bluelighter
It seems, in a twisted sort of way, fairly ironic that while BL is one of the few places to advocate harm-reduction, it is also a place where people die.

Today I logged in (which I had not done for awhile), and immediately took notice of the BL colours and went to the "shrine" to look, perhaps to pay some respects also.

While I am very, very careful in my drug-use (and am nowhere near as "extreme" as some people here), I have always accepted the possibility of things going awry as part of the deal.

That said, seeing the names of people die and the posts they made just days before leaving this world, puts another perspective on things.

Sometimes, when we say: "live by the sword, die by the sword", I am not sure we realize in its entirety what we mean.

This is just a thought.

It seems, in a twisted sort of way, fairly ironic that while BL is one of the few places to advocate harm-reduction, it is also a place where people die.

Today I logged in (which I had not done for awhile), and immediately took notice of the BL colours and went to the "shrine" to look, perhaps to pay some respects also.

While I am very, very careful in my drug-use (and am nowhere near as "extreme" as some people here), I have always accepted the possibility of things going awry as part of the deal.

That said, seeing the names of people die and the posts they made just days before leaving this world, puts another perspective on things.

Sometimes, when we say: "live by the sword, die by the sword", I am not sure we realize in its entirety what we mean.

This is just a thought.

How many more would have died without the site?

Harm is not limited to death. Quality of life is important as well. How many more people would have lived the rest of their lives in misery because of some unfortunate accident or mishap?

Many forums I've frequented have members die. Guitar forums, gaming forums, programming forums; it happens. Bluelight is the only forum I know with a dedicated sub-forum for deceased members. Perhaps because you're aware of more deaths, you feel there are more.

Although I don't doubt most of them are ODs. It happens.

EDIT: Page had stopped loading. I loaded it the rest of the way; tis a lot of people who've died. Honestly though, what do you expect?

As the saying goes....

Shit happens.

We can only hope that with education comes less shit, less frequently.