• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does tramadol go so well with suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppyplanet

Bluelighter
Why does tramadol seem to almost potentiate suboxone? Sometimes, for me, it even feels like I'm on a stronger opiate when I combine subs and trams. Thanks in advance. Peace to all.

I got to say i read on here that taking tramadol with subs was a good combo. I have been doing it for i say 30 to 40 days now. Its true it works like a charm i'm telling ya bro and fellow bl'ers. I don't understand that tram is a opiate correct and subs are a antagonist but they work so well together. I would like to know y also. And i use .5 milli. xanax in the am and one in the pm drive and maybe when im not happy happy i put a soma in the equation.

Peace to All my fellow Bler's

Mr. Tataway
J.L.K.

Because tramadol has several other mechanisms of action besides being an opioid agonist.
Tramadol increases serotonin and norepinephrine for example. So while suboxone will likely block the opioid effects of tramadol, the other actions of tramadol will still be felt.-DG

I assume because it hits various receptors other than just the mu/kap/delt...wich suboxone nearly fully saturates...though believe it or not, i've gotten high as shit many times of seed tea while on 8mg suboxone daily. Just goes to show, nothing blocks those killers..well...."but nalox!"..........yah, but...erh...

If i could jump in with a quick question relating to Buprenorphines blocking effect...
I have heard from some sources that Bupe doesn't block Fentanyl or if I say it in a different manner - some people claim to get high of Fentanyl while on Bupe.... Is this true or just a load of BS ?

I have no idea why. However, as a related note I did notice today that tramadol seemed to go great with oxycontin. I took 200mg tramadol in the morning around 10am. This on its own does nothing for me. Then I took 20mg oc (which also on its own does nothing). Combined I felt like I had only had about 45 mg oc. Maybe trams just really go well with other (genuine) opiates.

For anyone that takes this combination, would you mind stating your dosage of both bupe and tram.

Thanks.

If i could jump in with a quick question relating to Buprenorphines blocking effect...
I have heard from some sources that Bupe doesn't block Fentanyl or if I say it in a different manner - some people claim to get high of Fentanyl while on Bupe.... Is this true or just a load of BS ?

I don't know for sure but IME fentanyl breaks through suboxone like a charm. I don't know if it's because of receptors or simply because fent is some super strong shit. But it's the only thing that always breaks through my bupe consistently....well fent and IV morphine.

Anyone try mixing O-Desmethyltram with sub? Are the effects the same as mixing tram and sub?

I know O-Desmethyl is more potent and has a lower seizure risk, so I feel that this would be more desirable to combine with sub if it works.

I haven't tried combining either, but the idea is intriguing to me. Does it produce an opiate like high or a stimulating high, or does it just make you plain old feel good?

And in response to woamotive, the reason tram went well with oxy is because they both produce opiate highs and therefore probably potentiated one another.

"For anyone that takes this combination, would you mind stating your dosage of both bupe and tram."

For me, I usually take 4mg of bupe and sometimes throw in around 300mg of tramadol. This is just me though, as everyone's body and tolerance is different. So I'm not saying this will work or is even safe for you. Most of the time, I just take the suboxone and save my tramadol for when I go through withdrawal.

I don't know for sure but IME fentanyl breaks through suboxone like a charm. I don't know if it's because of receptors or simply because fent is some super strong shit. But it's the only thing that always breaks through my bupe consistently....well fent and IV morphine.

From my "Attention, this patient is taking Suboxone" wallet card I was given from my maintenance doctor:

In a situation requiring opiate analgesic: the dose of opiate required may be greater than usual. A rapidly acting opiate analgesic, which minimizes the duration of respiratory depression, should be used (i.e Fentanyl) The dose of opioid medication should be titrated against the patients analgesic and physiological response, with close monitoring by trained staff.

As for Tramadol, I find it the only other opioid that enhances the high of Suboxone without blocking the effects. I don't know why but the two go together great. I only took the two in combination when getting off the Suboxone to ease withdrawals and not only did it help that but also got me buzzing.

For anyone that takes this combination, would you mind stating your dosage of both bupe and tram.

Thanks.

I'm sorry for answering this way later than you posted this but when I was looking at the question I had to answer it.

I ingested 300 MG of Tramadol with 24 MG of Suboxone and definitely felt the effects of the tram, I wouldn't say it kicks up the Subs though, I have taken Tram's without being on Subs and had a felt a slight euphoric feeling and with Subs I had a way more euphoric feeling.

I'm in a sort of "program" right now, I know some of you know what I am talking about, Which requires me to provide random U.A.'s once a week so when I was prescribed the Tram's I asked the pharmacist a few questions about how it would show up and how it would react with my Sub's. He told me that it will not show up on a U.A. because it's not a narcotic and that Suboxone effects a different opiate receptor than the Trams so they don't really effect each other.

So basically you are activating 2 different receptors at the same time which cause you to have a more euphoric feeling from the combo. But not the same kind of effects as if you mixed Percs with Vics, etc... Which effect the same receptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.