ultra music festival and hotels where to stay or even need to stay?

heartofalion

Bluelighter
Alright im trying to figure out my finances to see if i can go to ultra this year because it looks asolutely SICK, like if i only go to one festi this year i want it to be that one (i originally wanted summercamp and rothbury). So those who have went years past or are going this year, what hotel you stayin at and for what price a night?

the ones i keep finding on priceline are far fuck away, and like yea i dont mind using public trans and whatnot but like do i even need a hotel room...i do need somewhere to safely keep my shit but i doubt ill be there much right i mean from the line up it looks like this shit is pretty much non stop. Will I even go back to the hotel besides checkout?

any and all responses are GREATLY appreciated because i really want to make this happen for myself.

Hey, a really good site for all things WMC(the bigger part of the week, including Ultra) is www.tranceaddict.com

We went last year and stayed at the River View in.

Nice hotel, relatively close when you take the tram, which is like a block away, and then another 5 mins from the park.

If you're going just for Ultra, stay somewhere Downtown Miami. But in my opinion Ultra is kind of over rated, because most of the DJs will be playing somewhere else during the week. Another thing that blows about ultra is that there is no readmission to the park, so once you get there(unless you get VIP tickets) you're locked in. Water is like $5. And the DJ's only do 1hour-1.5hour sets.

Where are you coming from just out of curiosity?

reppin the chi here. And yea im just goin for ultra cuz i couldnt afford to stay at a hotel for more than a few nights, and i would really like to get it soon. Im trying to spend as little possible because im an on a very tight tight budget. and when you say no re-admission do you mean for the day right? like they cant lock you in there for two days and if they do there goes my hotel problem XP.

Im trying to get a feel for what its all like, ive been to a few festi's but they were more camping/jam-bandish (rothbury, summercamp, 10k) and i love the whole festival idea. Yet my favorite part of each one of those festi's were their electronica nights. And thats ok for 1-1.5 hour sets imo because there are alot of big names on that list and i would like to catch as many as possible but there will be sets i wont leave either (IE pretty lights, BN, ATB, Tiesto).

So do you not feel its worth the money? to just go for ultra?

Well we went last year and we had a good time, but this year is kind of different because:

A)They "sold out" of early bird tickets(marketing) within 5 days, last year advanced tickets were 99+50 rape fee until mid December. So now they're like 140+50 rape fee.

B)There are much better parties going on in South Beach during the time Ultra is going on, which is why we are opting to only go to one day of Ultra.

Have you looked into Hostels around Miami? I know there are a couple.

As far as festivals it's pretty cool, diverse group of people if you like kandi kids.

Did you check out that website I gave you? They are starting to announce WMC parties, it's pretty exciting.

Are you thinking about any other aspects of WMC other than ultra?

naw i was just considering ultra. Im going by myself and i really would like to see alot of the artists they have on their list. And i dont mind kandi kids they make me lol, tho im not one myself i find the atmosphere as you said, fun. ill have to look into hostels.

So they lock you in for the day. How long is the whole day normally? do they let you bring in your own food (ie sandwhiches whatever) or are you forced to buy EVERYTHING from them?

i mean i found like 70$ a night hotels but they are like 80 miles a way with a long as way got get there via public transportation

holy shit bad ass man this is the kind of shit i was lookin for right here. I dont really care if the hotel is shit, hell id prefer it its cheaper. I figure if i have a car by that time im just gunna live outta that thing for a week XP, cuz karma seems to be smiling upon me lately

no, I'm in school right now and can't afford the time off. plus it cost a small fortune in cab fare and $12 vodka redbulls. thinking about demf though.

im just gonna smuggle in like 6 airplane bottles of liquor and anything green in my underwear, is the search thorough? Can you bring in bottle water that is sealed?

into ultra? no chance. also, they don't sell smokes in there. it was bizarre. there was a place that was giving out free packs of camels, but I'm canadian and they wouldn't give them to me since i didn't have a US state ID.

it wasnt hard to get stuff in last year but you have to be smart. Im not saying how i did it, nor helping anyone get anything in. Just know its a simple pat down, dont be stupid where you put things.

really? we got molested on the way in there.

I wore beach shorts, a white tee and vans slip ons so i guess they didnt think i could hide anything. They said lift your arms, patted me down my sides, made me spin, open my 1 short pocket really quick and then walk in. oh and they check any bags you take with you.

All they really do is touch your pockets and glance inside back packs, purses.

We put a pint inside my GF's side compartment of her purse and they didnt notice at all, she was also carrying a bottle of excedrin that they didnt even notice.

Wish I would've filled it with pressies before hand:p

Make sure you come equipped with party favors as well. Pills sell for $20 a pop inside the park, and I guess someone from this site was sold a research chem as acid.

Has anyone else seen the parties yet for WMC?

OMFG!!!

Adam Beyer Drum Code night in space, while PVD plays main room!

Haha i totally plan on sneaking in at least 10 beans in per day between 4 people..pop a bean on the way and just have some on standby..we'll see how it goes..anyone got any tips to bring them in? im thinking just put the bag between my asscheeks or gooch..or like have my pants down like a hood person and just put the bag in my boxers and have them be supported by my pants..any better ideas?

There are hostels right near all the action, if you want someplace cheap to crash.

Haha i totally plan on sneaking in at least 10 beans in per day between 4 people..pop a bean on the way and just have some on standby..we'll see how it goes..anyone got any tips to bring them in? im thinking just put the bag between my asscheeks or gooch..or like have my pants down like a hood person and just put the bag in my boxers and have them be supported by my pants..any better ideas?

wear tighty whities, boxers could lose your cargo