• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Novo-Buspirone 10mg

tastyRoach

Greenlighter
What can you guys tell me about Buspirone? 10mg tablets?

Will it get me high at all?

i tried searching but didnt come up with much

Judging by what most of the experiences off of erowid, it will get you high in the sense that the drug is psychoactive. However most of the reports didn't seem to have anything good to say. Most were negative or neutral experiences. Dizzyness, light headedness, and nausea seem to be common.

I would say not to use it, but if you do then try taking a look at more experiences(maybe at lycaem) and dosing low. Some people were experiencing effects at doses of 5mg to 7.5mg(insufflated). Everyone is different so ymmv but this doesn't seem like something I would wanna rush into.

I'm Rx-ed Buspirone, and can assure that for about the first week I was talking it, all it provides are nasty side effect, so unless you enjoy feeling light headed and having a feeling of vertigo I would not recommend it.

Works wonders for anxiety though once you've been on it long enough for the side effects to subside.

Whatever you decide though, please be safe.

I am Rx'd buspar as well have been for awhile the suboxone doc I was seeing didn't wanna work with benzo's (Which is a wonderful thing benzo w/d sounds pretty gross)

I kid you not if you can get thru the first couple days of taking it. (Real dizzy for about 20 minutes) then when you try to focus with your eyes everything kinda disconnects.. it goes away tho

Good medicine imho %)

When I was stupid my doctor prescribed me buspirone. It sucked and always made me feel just off. i tried snorting some and felt slightly drunkish with the vertigo and feeling light but it disappeared after 5 minutes and wasnt necessarily enjoyable.

this substance just wont get you high. dont try it

i had no use from buspirone either for anxiety. but it did help fix the issues brought in by SSRI medication

i'm r'xed buspirone cause i tried prozac and wellbutrin and they didnt work
i dont even care for any of those

i just like the 40ativan 1mg it comes with

Buspar sucks. I hated it. Not worth it. Might as well take a sugar pill.

Just wondering, how long had you taken it for before you decided it didn't work for your anxiety, or did the side effects just not agree with you at all?

A month I think. It did nothing. I felt like the dr was fucking with me and putting me on a placebo. It did not work.

That's odd, it works fairly well for me now that I've been on it for a while. It's just not good for everyone and every type of anxiety I suppose. I also found it interesting that apparently they aren't even sure how buspirone works according to my psych.

Yea, I take xanax and klonopin. I was having upward 5-6 panic attacks a day. It was ridiculous. It might work for me now but then I think I needed something stronger to snap me out of it.

different people different things, but it seems most dislike this, especially "recreationally"

Yea, I take xanax and klonopin. I was having upward 5-6 panic attacks a day. It was ridiculous. It might work for me now but then I think I needed something stronger to snap me out of it.

Sorry to hear that. Panic attacks are no fun at all. Glad to hear it sounds like you are doing some better now though. :)

see i was hoping for xanax
the busporine thing i didnt care about it still dont
now they got me on somelist for mental health people somone to interview me

fuck its just i dont want to be on prozac or any drug, i dont wanna be numbed out all the time not being able to get a hard on i just want something fucking good and strong to kill my anxiety on the spot when it happens

You can in certain ways (read whole paragraph!)

Ive been taking Buspirone 10mg (generic) for about 2 years. one day I got bored and had no money so I found my buspirone, i tried smoking it dissolving it and spiking it, and although none of those get you high my last time trying, "I snorted it" and from the effects I had, I would say yes you can get high but only from snorting it, and it is not the most enjoyable high, but I would best compare it to being really drunk and tired, (some effects the same as K-Pins) and street value isnt much either I have to sell 4 10 mg's for $20 but its still nice if you cant sleep or wanna drive drunk and not actually be drunk..... other names brought around for buspirone...aka DP= drunk pill, KO= knockout, and others have called it K-pins before but dont try selling it to someone and say its a k-pin.... because its not.. also effects of snorting lasted about 30 minutes and like doing any other drug the more you do, the more your gunna need next time,,,, also its pretty hard to od on it, and when I sold it and people got drug tested, "they said it didn't show in their system" probably because since buspirone isnt under the controlled substance act... they weren't looking for it I guess, also dont try smoking, dissolving, or spriking its a waste of time and youll just get a shitty taste or clog your vein and die.... stick to blowing it... and if you dont like that, than dont do it

I'm Rx-ed Buspirone, and can assure that for about the first week I was talking it, all it provides are nasty side effect, so unless you enjoy feeling light headed and having a feeling of vertigo I would not recommend it.

Works wonders for anxiety though once you've been on it long enough for the side effects to subside.

Whatever you decide though, please be safe.

I have been Rx-ed Buspirone for 4 years but never had any side effects what so ever. I still get SUPER bad anxiety and I smoke Cannabis all the time with it. I read someone had taken LESS than what I had and smoked an hour in and was scared to death. Never have I experienced these side effects but it might be because my dosage is just enough to keep my anxiety down and not overload my system to freak me out haha.=D

Last edited:
Buspirone is actually a very good anxiolytic, but most doctors don't know how to prescribe it. It's half life is about two hours. So taking it two times a day - which I see a lot - is pointless and a waste and won't do anything. Tid is even pushing it. This medication needs to be taken four times a day and at high dosages, ie 15 - 20mgs. And it does take time to kick in because it needs to downregulate the 5-HT1a autoreceptors, which inhibit serotonin release and also preoccupy it from agonizing postsynaptic 5-HT1a receptors (were it a full agonist, this wouldn't be much of a problem, but it is only a partial agonist).

After about a month, month and a half, I always noticed a warm, entactogenic, fuzzy feeling when taking it. Not to mention it's stimulating effects from working on alpha 1 adrenergic receptors and antagonizing presynaptic D2 receptors, both of which give it excellent antidepressant effects.

But this is a fickle med and needs to be taken almost exactly the correct way for it to work the way its supposed to. And, as I said, most doctors are, unfortunately, ignorant when it comes to prescribing it and using it.

When I was in jail I would buy them off other inmates and insufflate them. It got me high af for about 20-30 minutes and then put me to sleep. IMO the high was enjoyable and not just cause it was all that was available. Personally it was enjoyable enough to warrant a repeat experience. All I can say is try it and see how you feel. Every drug is subjective.

Buspirone is actually a very good anxiolytic, but most doctors don't know how to prescribe it. It's half life is about two hours. So taking it two times a day - which I see a lot - is pointless and a waste and won't do anything. Tid is even pushing it. This medication needs to be taken four times a day and at high dosages, ie 15 - 20mgs. And it does take time to kick in because it needs to downregulate the 5-HT1a autoreceptors, which inhibit serotonin release and also preoccupy it from agonizing postsynaptic 5-HT1a receptors (were it a full agonist, this wouldn't be much of a problem, but it is only a partial agonist).

After about a month, month and a half, I always noticed a warm, entactogenic, fuzzy feeling when taking it. Not to mention it's stimulating effects from working on alpha 1 adrenergic receptors and antagonizing presynaptic D2 receptors, both of which give it excellent antidepressant effects.

But this is a fickle med and needs to be taken almost exactly the correct way for it to work the way its supposed to. And, as I said, most doctors are, unfortunately, ignorant when it comes to prescribing it and using it.
Thanks for your report. Goes well with pindolol (1A auto selective).