View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics for muscle tension/posture problems

Mjäll

Bluelighter
Has anyone tripped with this intention? To try to find a natural balance in posture as well as explore pressure points and massage...

I remember reading from Xorkoth about 5-MeO-MiPT that it helps him rebalance energies. It occurred to me that this can have physical implications too.

I haven't done this yet but am eager to try. Any experiences?

HA YES YOU'RE RIGHT IT DOES FEEL ORIGINAL - IN SHORT i'M FUCKERED 7 WILL TRY & REPLYM LATER BUT YES IT EXISTS FOR ME

I've noticed on mushrooms I tend to sit/walk/whatever with my chest out very confident and feel great walking because I don't really think about how im walking. Normally I kind of slunch my shoulders forward a little and im not so straight. After mushrooms every time my posture is better for a few days afterward without any conscious effort, but I've never done it specifically for this, just another interesting side effect

HA YES YOU'RE RIGHT IT DOES FEEL ORIGINAL - IN SHORT i'M FUCKERED 7 WILL TRY & REPLYM LATER BUT YES IT EXISTS FOR ME

Okay, stay fuckered man <3

I've noticed on mushrooms I tend to sit/walk/whatever with my chest out very confident and feel great walking because I don't really think about how im walking. Normally I kind of slunch my shoulders forward a little and im not so straight. After mushrooms every time my posture is better for a few days afterward without any conscious effort, but I've never done it specifically for this, just another interesting side effect

This is interesting, I've never really focused on my body before (which shows in the back pains I've developed) and I will keep my eyes open for learning to stop doing those fucked up things, not only on psychedelics of course, but tripping boosts things up a bit and takes away the veils hiding the truth... Metaphorically speaking.

Has anyone tripped with this intention? To try to find a natural balance in posture as well as explore pressure points and massage...

I remember reading from Xorkoth about 5-MeO-MiPT that it helps him rebalance energies. It occurred to me that this can have physical implications too.

I haven't done this yet but am eager to try. Any experiences?

Maybe you should try low doses (.25 or .5 g) that won't have much of a mental effect, see if those help? I bet it could be cool.

You could do those low doses multiple times a week and see how it works out.

Maybe you should try low doses (.25 or .5 g) that won't have much of a mental effect, see if those help? I bet it could be cool.

You could do those low doses multiple times a week and see how it works out.

I don't have access to mushrooms currently, it will have to be 5-MeO-MiPT or acid.

I think the tryptamines are almost interchangable in this aspect. Some tend to be very relaxing though, such as mushrooms.

Your idea about threshold doses is interesting but I think it will have to be atleast a light trip, since what I'm imagining is that the mental effects change proprioception and related mechanisms in ways which are beneficial for this pursuit.

Last edited:
Oh funny, for some reason I thought you were talking about mushrooms! lol=D

Mushrooms are everything here in my experiences. It resets my body's energy flow all within one solid experience. Afterwards my posture is perfect and I feel far from lazy, gladly maintaining correct posture. During the experience I spend a lot of time stretching, rolling around on the floor and applying pressure to all different parts of my body. It reminds me of a mix of yoga and chinese medicine and the shrooms open up that greater part of my soul to the divine source which reminds me how to be my own healer. I think this is just one of the perks of using tryptamines because I have noticed this potential coming off of a sniffed dose of DMT, but mushrooms are the best because you are in the right state of mind for hours, not just minutes.

Mushrooms are everything here in my experiences. It resets my body's energy flow all within one solid experience. Afterwards my posture is perfect and I feel far from lazy, gladly maintaining correct posture. During the experience I spend a lot of time stretching, rolling around on the floor and applying pressure to all different parts of my body. It reminds me of a mix of yoga and chinese medicine and the shrooms open up that greater part of my soul to the divine source which reminds me how to be my own healer. I think this is just one of the perks of using tryptamines because I have noticed this potential coming off of a sniffed dose of DMT, but mushrooms are the best because you are in the right state of mind for hours, not just minutes.

Ive never really thought into it, but I rub all over my body a lot, sit in weird positions it always seems how everything thing is is perfect how everything feels is perfect and ive never saw the dark side so it's very therapeutic in that sense for me.

LSD has always made me a bit uncomfortable, the body load at least, the vasoconstriction seems to be very pronounced on the come down for me personally at least. I wouldn't look to acid to help with it, but who knows, maybe it works for you.

LSD has always made me a bit uncomfortable, the body load at least, the vasoconstriction seems to be very pronounced on the come down for me personally at least. I wouldn't look to acid to help with it, but who knows, maybe it works for you.

I also get very uncomfortable during the come down and also have problems with vasoconstriction. Gives me leg pains and stiff limbs sometimes. :\

Yes!!! I have the exact same experience with certain psychedelics. Namely LSA and mescaline, but I'm sure there are others too. I end up releasing a lot tension from my face and my chest/abdomen muscles. I definitely end up massaging certain points and start to clear my own energy in intuitive ways.

Mods, can we merge this with the "Psychedelics and Health Benefits" forum?

That's certainly an option, but I think this one has a justification to exist in that it's more about personal experience with a specific subject while the topic you mention is more broad general discussion about a very wide subject.

Depending on the amount of replies this one gets, it's a good idea.

Yes!!! I have the exact same experience with certain psychedelics. Namely LSA and mescaline, but I'm sure there are others too. I end up releasing a lot tension from my face and my chest/abdomen muscles. I definitely end up massaging certain points and start to clear my own energy in intuitive ways.

I haven't noticed that with LSA, maybe because of the stomach discomfort I would get from eating seeds. I have noticed that mescaline has much healing potential. I've only experienced a low dose once, but I remember it releasing much tension I had been dealing with for a while, especially in my torso area. Afterwards I felt like my body was reborn. It really is an intuitive process.

Last edited:
Mushrooms first awakened me to the amount of tension I used to hold my shoulders. After that realization it simply took practice while I was sober to relax my shoulders and my face, which often holds tension as well.

As for posture, sitting during meditation has helped me find balance in my spine and strengthen my posture. I've never thought of using psychedelics purely with the intention of loosening up and improving posture, but it sounds like an excellent idea and I'm going to keep it in mind during my next trip.

I've found that I'm more aware of certain postures I sometimes adopt when on psychedelics - I also adopt similar postures at times when stressed but I'm not usually aware of this at the time.
As to rebalancing energies - i dunno about that - my take on it is that if your psycholgical state is showing itself through contorted posture it's probably best to investigate your psychology & attempt to amend any issues that may arise - once that's acheived go full bore at balancing your energy - an idiots guide to balancing energies would be useful for me if anyone has a link ;)

I've found that I'm more aware of certain postures I sometimes adopt when on psychedelics - I also adopt similar postures at times when stressed but I'm not usually aware of this at the time.
As to rebalancing energies - i dunno about that - my take on it is that if your psycholgical state is showing itself through contorted posture it's probably best to investigate your psychology & attempt to amend any issues that may arise - once that's acheived go full bore at balancing your energy - an idiots guide to balancing energies would be useful for me if anyone has a link ;)

Try some yoga classes.