• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Stimulants of the Future III

Nope. If I recall correctly, plain aminorex is quite a bit less potent and was in more common medical use at some point.

ebola

well yeah, i knew what a halogen was, they do teach you that much in chemistry class this year..but i mean you guys are like
"Its quite elementary watson, if you add a halogen onto an amphetamine skeleton it has (insert effect)". Hao does one learn dis information, if ya dont mind me axgin

I do a lot of reading.

The factoid to which I think you are referring comes from the hive circa 1999 or so.

Hey, I know that this might have been thought before by some e-tard but wouldn't 3,4-MD-methylphenidate have some serotonergic activity just like MDPV and the like?

i wouldnt think so, because MPH is a DNRI. I could be wrong in using this for the basis of my speculation, but MDMA has sergotonic activity (moreso than MDA, specifically), because methamphetamine is more active on serotonin than amphetamine is (much much moreso). Because MPH isnt even a releasing agent, i dont see how it would have any effect on serotonin with a methylenedioxy group on it, other than maybe some SSRI activity (which is if i understand right exhibited by MDMA, amphetamine, methamphetamine and most releasing agents..) and the usual DNRI effects. How do DRIs really work, i understand that amphetamine stims are very close to phenethylamine and can sneak in to the brain and essentially force large amounts of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin out, but if a DRI causes little to no dopamine release (like cocaine, very weak dopamine release, especially compared with speed) than how can it increase dopamine levels so quickly just by keeping dopamine in the synapse longer. Sorry for the wall of text, high on 60mg of dexedrine. My interpretation would be that if any activity were to take place on serotonin, it would be SSRI effects. The problem is that MPH isnt active on serotonin very much, while amphetamine and much moreso methamphetamine seem to cause both temporary mild SSRI effects and serotonin releasing effects, and maybe the methylenedioxy group (not maybe, it does) highly increase the units of serotonin the brain puts out (much less dopamine though..) when added to an amphetamine, or methamphetamine most notably, but it doesnt sound like a methylenedioxy group would make much of a difference to a class of stims that dont stimulate release very much and arent active very much at all on serotonin to begin with.

Last edited:
Sorry...high on 60 mg dexedrine <-- u lucky bastard, you.

lol neway u could always ask the Oracle at Delphi or something

Last edited:
I got to thinking about "gabaergic stimulants" today... I know how much everyone hates random molecule doodles, but please forgive me this time...

etamphetaminetertamylal.png

Recently read in a paper that1-(2-thienyl)-2-methylamino-1-propanone was as good a stimulant as methcathinone when fed to rats, so there's hope it would do the same in humans

Hey, I know that this might have been thought before by some e-tard but wouldn't 3,4-MD-methylphenidate have some serotonergic activity just like MDPV and the like?

MDPV has serotonogic activity? That's a new one on me - I thought it exclusively acted via catecholamines (dopamine & noradrenaline)

i thought MDPV was just a DRI, liek MPH, although, maybe it could be a slight releasing agent for serotonin like amphetamine is. Methcathinone ive heard is shitty though brah...apparently methamphetamine is much better, fast&bulbous.

Recently read in a paper that 1-(2-thienyl)-2-methylamino-1-propanone was as good a stimulant as methcathinone when fed to rats, so there's hope it would do the same in humans
Chances are good. The thienyl-analog of amphetamine was described as active, too.

May I ask where you have read this?

- Murphy

TBH my aging brain can't remember the reference, only to say it was a paper about methcathinone analogues. It's somewhere on my hartd drive, but the hard drive is 320GB and a quarter of that is pharmacology stuff so it might take a while (I switched off the 'last document opened' function years ago through paranoia)!

As far as the next ones to appear after the cathinones are made illegal in the UK, I'd have thought the obvious choice are the phenmetrazine derivatives; easy to synth with a decent potency (and very nice euphoric effects). 3,6-dimethyl-2-phenylmorpholine is as active as the parent phenmetrazine and totally uncontrolled except in countries with analog acts (I know it's active as I fed it to rats as part of my postgrad work - a little bit fell into my coffee as well! =D )

Methcathinone ive heard is shitty though brah...apparently methamphetamine is much better, fast&bulbous.

Having had both, I'd say there's nothingt wrong with methcathinone. All the shitty stories seem to concern the stuff manufactured using permanganate as manganese causes Parkinsons disease in humans

The thienyl-analog of amphetamine was described as active, too.

Apparently it has quite severe pressor problems which the methcathinonme analogue is seemingly free from (strange seeing they're very similar in action)

3,6-dimethyl-2-phenylmorpholine is as active as the parent phenmetrazine and totally uncontrolled except in countries with analog acts

Is this not a "structural isomer" of the scheduled compound 3,4-dimethyl-2-phenylmorpholine (i.e. phendimetrazine)? In most applicable laws they fail to define the scope of "isomer" so its hard to say how broadly it can be interpreted...

It is a structural isomer yes, but not if you change the oxygen to a sulfur ;)

As far as the next ones to appear after the cathinones are made illegal in the UK, I'd have thought the obvious choice are the phenmetrazine derivatives; easy to synth with a decent potency (and very nice euphoric effects). 3,6-dimethyl-2-phenylmorpholine # is as active as the parent phenmetrazine and totally uncontrolled except in countries with analog acts (I know it's active as I fed it to rats as part of my postgrad work - a little bit fell into my coffee as well! =D )

Hi

Want would the dose range be for (#) be as am thinking any drug that is going to get popular to Joe Public will have to to be not to potent ? As I beleive that drugs that are to potent e.g in the 1-10mg scale do not seen to get as popular as idiots can not take loads of them and not die.

This being cos with meph, coke, MDMA etc it seems that Joe likes drugs he can dick size with by either taking big lines of or "I took 10 pills last night", " I did 5 grams last night all to myself"

No one who dosen't know anything about chemicals is impressed by small amounts it seems to me anyway:), that I have met in person anyway

Peace out
Mr Shush

whatever the most potent stim is would be nice. if MDA, MDMA, Meth, and Cocaine are among the most potent, then i guess i've experienced all there is. anything less potent than those just makes me more tired than i already am

Maybe my idea of potent is different than what you mean, I mean potent in the fact that you only need 1-10mg of a substance. To me it doesn't mean how good something is just that you don't need much of it for it to be active :)

i mean potent in that it actually has some stimulatory effect on me. Meth is a good example. Without tolerance, i only need 15-20mg for a day of work. IOW, it alleviates my ADD and fatigue

getting high on meth doesn't really happen for me. i just continually feel stimulated & awake, not messed up. that seems strange to me. only small-large doses of MD(M)A and cocaine have been recreational for me.. they just have a recreational quality to them

i respect that everyone's brain is different. i guess i'm just saying i agree with you, on some level.. if there's something stronger than meth, i welcome it with open arms :)