• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Grinder: Clogged Screen :(

Khain

Bluelighter
Hey guys, my grinder has been clogged for far too long now, but before I give it an alcohol bath, is there a way to get enough keif out of that screen for even just a little hoot?

Fiending.

Attachments

• 100_0505.jpg
    100_0505.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,138
maybe tapping it gently over a piece of glass, or running a paper-towel across the screen?

you're going to clean it anyhow so i don't see the big deal.

It's not a big deal it's just late and I wanna breathe some precious THC before bed.

Seems like a very negligible amount of keif to care about lol, just alcohol soak it imo

rub a fine toothed brush along it. Some grinders come with one. Some don't. Also, if you have a beard trimmer (if you're a dude) the tiny brush they come with works great...

ya i just went out and got some bud haha, much better than scraping and banging that thing around trying to get as much sticky green stuff out as possible

to unclog it i just press my finger on the screen and rub hard.
afterwards i remove it (some grinders have removeable ones) and invert it and flick my finger against it.

cleans it right out every time, ready for the next bag ;)

youd be surprised at the amount of kief that they actually hold when blocked :p

happy smokin

rub a fine toothed brush along it. Some grinders come with one. Some don't. Also, if you have a beard trimmer (if you're a dude) the tiny brush they come with works great...

additionally a baby toothbrush will work, as will a pet toothbrush mostly

just do an alcohol soak and with all the alcohol, strain thru coffee filter in a pie dish and evap it and then you should have one hit of some nice kief QWISO oil

Sticking it in the freezer for a bit will make it easier to tap some of that stuff out.

if you guys ever get the chance, pick up a Honey Dust grinder.
the best grinder ive ever bought. roughly £5 ($8).

this is the kief ive collected from an 8th so far.
its a big image, thats why the NSFW tags
NSFW:
img00350201001142355.jpg

^Do you ever press your keif into a piece sega? it's the way forward imo. Just wrap it up in the cellophane from a fag packet and rub it against your trouser leg, or wrap the plastic in paper and stick it in your shoe, by the end of the day you'll have a piece of hash. It's not only cool, it smokes better than the keif (I reckon anyway). I'd hand press it if it weren't for my fucking sweaty palms :(

yes i do, but recently as its been building up and up i just top hat a bowl of grass with some for an extra kick.

the reason i havent pressed any of this batch is due to not smoking, i havent found any fag wrappers at my mates either.
what is the world coming to when theres such a lack of smokers that a stoner cant press his kief...

i dont know why, but the crystal i have at the mo wont press by hand. needs to be a LOT of pressure. probably just too dry. who knows

Hash shouldn't have moisture in it, but if the resins have dried that could be it. It might have too much plant matter in it also; try filling a rum bottle (or whatever's your poison) with hot water and pressing the resin with that under some cling film.

the plant matter may be it, but either way in a month im gonna come into an unlimited supply of this shit :p

so i may have to get a proper kief box, as this is filling up with just an 8th almost.

presence of plant matter is likely due to the dryness of the bud, and sometimes i put a marble in the grinder when shaking up the finely ground (by hand, so powdery) bud.

ill give the cling film n heat idea a shot ;)