• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl, 50mcg/h, I have it, and I'm scared

but these reports are starting to scare the living shit out of me. i don't think i wanna chew this shit any more. im just gonna stick a tiny-ass piece on my chest and let it sink in slooowly. fuck putting this shit in my mouth. FUCK that!

mylan makes non gel ones but even the gel ones are clear. if your family wouldnt notice the difference between 4 and 6 you could take another and open it to see then share with us. also a brand name would be helpful. harm reduction doesnt mean not doing. if i had fentanyl id fuck with it and would like to help you safely cross this one off your list so do share. but based in the inactives it seems like gel. hydroxyethyl cellulose i beleive is the medium in whcih the fentanyl is stored. but it might be the plastic matrix kind which is fairly easy to abuse ive heard so. more info=more aid.

it doesn't have a brand name, it just says Fentanyl Transdermal System and that it's Rx only.

So why can't you just use it as prescribed to get a nice 3 day buss off of it?

If you feel you need to get the dose per/hour higher just take a warm heat press (like a microwaved ice-pack) and leave it on the patch for a short amount of time. The way that the mechanism in the patch works is that it will diffuse the medication at a more or less consistent amount per/hour while the body remains a given consistent (about 98F) and the air around it stays outside of boiling, and negative -100F. You can speed up the amount that it will diffuse by heating up the pad and the area of skin around it but be careful, you may end up releasing the entirety of the patch in a couple hours, and if you arn't reminded to pull it off, or to remove the hot-compress, you could be in trouble.

Just remember if it feels like you are having trouble breathing or your chest feels funny, slow down.

it doesn't have a brand name, it just says Fentanyl Transdermal System and that it's Rx only.

The company that manufactures the patch should be on the outside of the plastic rip-open condom-type pouches they come in. If you happen to have them with just the naked plastic backing and no protective case, you could describe them to us. I have used both types of the fentanyl patches and can help you figure out which is which.

The first differentiating factor should be whether or not the patch seems to have a "resevoir" for a clear fluid, or if it is flat as paper. The type that has the reservoir style is the easiest to abuse, and again, the more dangerous as well; because you can just make a small hole and squeeze out all the fentanyl in one go. Even most hardcore opio-philes like me tend to be very careful when fentanyl is concerned, and I have come to love being safe and taking a heat-compress to a patch that I applied normally.

mylan makes non gel ones but even the gel ones are clear. if your family wouldn't notice the difference between 4 and 6 you could take another and open it to see then share with us.

Oh that brings me back to when I realised that my old man's (6) 40mg a day stash of Oxycontin could be "salami" sliced to the point where he wouldn't know If he took more, or if I siphoned some off. That was until I started taking like 20 at a time; but this is about a happy adventure!

Edit: Ok... look between these two examples I have grabbed for you and tell us which one is closest to the patch you have.

photo_04.jpg

or
101_3062_preview.jpg

These are the only two brands I have had experience with, the first one I believe is the Sandoz brand, and the second Mylan I am pretty certain that these two brands together represent a vast majority of the fentanyl duragesic compounds in the United States at least.

1st Image: Sandoz: This is the variety that has the fentanyl suspended in a alchohol solution in a resevoir and is seemingly the easiest to abuse, and the easiest to overestimate. Take care if you plan to use the material in the resevoir in any way other than designed.

2nd Image: Mylan: This is probably the hardest type of fentanyl system to abuse, and apart from chemically dissolving the plastic to leave the fentanyl remaining and other such outlandish activities, this patch is pretty much only ab usable in the method I described earlier by heating up the patch diffusion area.

Last edited:
i beleive that they contain gel. and unless you have a straight razor a mg scale and dish gloves ready i wouldnt even begin to try. you might just end up having to apply it. which will feel good. for days. but if you insist on bucaal administration you will need the above supplies and then some. people die because they just cut it opne and eat gel. you cant eyeball gel.

as a matter of fact i was going to suggest cutting it into 200 squares. of 25mcg each. i didnt know how much time he was looking to spend though. but thats what i would do. although its safe to assume a pharmaceutical grade fentanly solution is evenly distributed. i dont see you dying from 1/200th of a fentanyl patch. it can be done safely.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

I still don't see why you can't just use it (somewhat) like they are intended to be used, albeit in a fashion that would ultimately give a larger dose than they intended it to release, but when I was using 175mcg/h for pain relief from an injury, I still didn't get any feeling of being "high" or even on an opioid. The only way I realized that I had even taken a drug was when I took them off I went into withdrawal about 2 days later.

If you take these how they are designed, especially one of the smaller mcg/h ones, you should be able to gauge how you are feeling after a couple hours.

ok yeah. im just going to apply it. but i ain't pounding it, no way. im cutting it into 20 pieces. 2.5mcg per hour, hah. that's gonna be ridiculous. maybe too ridiculous? fuck it, this isn't my prescription. ill have 19 more chances to try again. i need a break from the morphine anyway, my family is not going to put their mouth around a bottle of morphine and sip, but if they do, they'd be able to tell how watered down it is. unless it was meant for IV, then they probably don't even know what the fuck it tastes like at all. damn i love my family's lack of drug experience, just fucking love it =D

does this shit melt away in exposed air or some shit? the words on the sides have officially made me extremely worried about not using it as soon as i open it. fuck you, medical information, try helping out a stupid kid for once!

ok yeah. im just going to apply it. but i ain't pounding it, no way. im cutting it into 20 pieces. 2.5mcg per hour, hah. that's gonna be ridiculous. maybe too ridiculous? fuck it, this isn't my prescription. ill have 19 more chances to try again. i need a break from the morphine anyway, my family is not going to put their mouth around a bottle of morphine and sip, but if they do, they'd be able to tell how watered down it is. unless it was meant for IV, then they probably don't even know what the fuck it tastes like at all. damn i love my family's lack of drug experience, just fucking love it =D

Well before you do that.... could you look at the images I posted above and tell me what brand you happen to have?

Edit: If any of the above-mentioned. :)

I was recently in hospital for a jaw reconstruction and in recovery I was on a fentanyl drip for a few days. Even in hospital on a monitored drip I was getting high off it and had a very enjoyable few days haha.

Why don't you want to just wear the patch like it is meant to be worn? They are designed to be worn as they come out of the box so it's not going to kill you if you wear it correctly.

Put it on and in a few hours you'll be feeling it and then you can gauge how you like it. If you want to feel more heat it up a little bit. If you don't like it take it off - simple.

It won't be a completely overwhelming experience but it will certainly make the 3 days that it lasts very enjoyable!

I was recently in hospital for a jaw reconstruction and in recovery I was on a fentanyl drip for a few days. Even in hospital on a monitored drip I was getting high off it and had a very enjoyable few days haha.

Why don't you want to just wear the patch like it is meant to be worn? They are designed to be worn as they come out of the box so it's not going to kill you if you wear it correctly.

Put it on and in a few hours you'll be feeling it and then you can gauge how you like it. If you want to feel more heat it up a little bit. If you don't like it take it off - simple.

It won't be a completely overwhelming experience but it will certainly make the 3 days that it lasts very enjoyable!

You lucky bastards who can get high on fentanyl! Amazingly enough my medical chart lists fentanyl as one of the medications I am "allergic" to, but not really allergic, just unaffected, even at insane doses like 250mcg/h and after surgery they were baffled when I hadn't responded to the pain medication they were giving, until they looked at my chart and gave me some soothing dilaudid, now that's the stuff. :D

PS: Did you happen to have a sagital split osteonomy? Thats the operation I had, but halfway through they realized I hadn't had one of my wisdom teethe extracted and they went about doing that which resulted in insane swelling that led to chronic nerve pain along the area that they stretched inside the bone-channel.

From the Watson Fentanyl prescriber's pamphlet:

"All patients and their caregivers should be advised to avoid exposing the fentanyl transdermal system application site to direct external heat sources, such as heating pads or electric blankets, heat or tanning lamps, saunas, hot tubs, and heated water beds, etc., while wearing the system. Patients should be advised against taking hot baths or sunbathing. There is a potential for temperature-dependent increases in fentanyl released from the system resulting in possible overdose and death.

Based on a pharmacokinetic model, serum fentanyl concentrations could theoretically increase by approximately one-third for patients with a body temperature of 40°C (104°F) due to temperature-dependent increases in fentanyl released from the system and increased skin permeability. Patients wearing fentanyl transdermal systems who develop fever or increased core body temperature due to strenuous exertion should be monitored for opioid side effects and the fentanyl transdermal system dose should be adjusted if necessary."

:evil grin:

serum fentanyl concentrations could theoretically increase by approximately one-third for patients with a body temperature of 40°C (104°F)

Imagine what a heating pad that is running at maybe 150F could release in one hour. :)

Last edited:

Because I do not believe in myself. I have the lowest tolerance ever. Check this out, my first trip ever, was induced by one shotglass full of Robitussin, and a bowl. I tripped BALLS for like 4 hours. It takes very little amount of drug to work magic on me.

I'm reading reports of people waking up in hospital beds from just 25mcg. they never specify how much they chew but, i dunno, it scares me. i think im just gonna cut this thing up into 5 slices and cut one of the slices in half. 5mcg. once i feel something ill take it off and put it away, measure how long it takes for the feeling to disappear. i think ill be ok now. but im gonna wait till im totally sober and totally bored and totally have nothing to worry about at all.

Because I do not believe in myself. I have the lowest tolerance ever. Check this out, my first trip ever, was induced by one shotglass full of Robitussin, and a bowl. I tripped BALLS for like 4 hours. It takes very little amount of drug to work magic on me.

This could just be the pronounced effects of a reason I can't enjoy a lot of different opioids anymore. I have a CYP450 liver enzyme hyper-activity which manifests itself, and is commonly tested by how much dextromethorphan is left after a patient is given a set amount after a set time. While I don't know how much DXM left in your system is enough to warrant you being labeled as having CYP450 liver enzyme issues, I know that on one extreme you might end up with a dose that your body will not be able to filter out with the liver before your lungs and heart start to shut down.

Taken from Wikipedia:

Drug metabolism

All drugs are detoxified and eventually excreted from the body, and many require bioactivation to form the active compound. CYPs are the major enzymes involved in drug metabolism and bioactivation, accounting for ∼75% of the total metabolism.[11] (Metabolism in this context is the chemical modification or degradation of drugs.)

While you probably are not an abnormal metaboliser, or someone with chronic liver damage, I would take care your first fentanyl trip, and take off slow wearing the patch untill you get to the "high" you want, and level that off however you reseaon you should. Whether by pulling back on the heat-pad, or if even without the heating pad you are feeling you are taking a little to much of that fentanyl than you feel comfortable with, feel confident about the fact that you won't lose any by ripping it off.

Edit: For your reading pleasure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyp450

Edit 2: Don't read this as your mom whining at you, I am just trying to impart my years of abuse knowledge in the best and most responsible way I know how. %)

I'm reading reports of people waking up in hospital beds from just 25mcg. they never specify how much they chew but, i dunno, it scares me. i think im just gonna cut this thing up into 5 slices and cut one of the slices in half. 5mcg. once i feel something ill take it off and put it away, measure how long it takes for the feeling to disappear. i think ill be ok now. but im gonna wait till im totally sober and totally bored and totally have nothing to worry about at all.

Just to let you know, most patients in an intensive care situation after surgery or in a similar manner are usually given a set amount per hour in a drip, just like the patch is made to release, though the patch is not nearly as instantaneous as an IV shot of opioids and could take a couple hours to get noticeably pleasant. The one time I had 200mcg of fentanyl after surgery I was very much under-whelmed, though like I said, I have crazy liver bullshit. :p

Last edited:
If you do take this, definitely have a friend with you that knows what you are taking. I have only taken the fent Lolipops, not the patches, but was wondering if anybody knows if it can be taken off, then put back on... Even if that means having to hold in against your skin?
Also OP, the high probably wont be that fun if you are worried about OD'ing the whole time ya know.

Why hasn't noone mention that stealing medince is WRONG, or am I the only one that thinks that.

Of course its wrong, and he should either find his own source, or not use ant at all, but if they just happen to be sitting around unused I would say its more helpful to give him a guideline and some knowledge about how to use it without waking up in the ER, or not at all.

Im still concerned for the OP though, check in with us when you wake up from your stupor. :p

Why hasn't noone mention that stealing medince is WRONG, or am I the only one that thinks that.
Moreover, how about contaminating a bottle of morphine by "sipping" or adding tap water if there is any truth to this. I have never heard of anyone being prescribed a "bottle of morphine".

On point, don't fuck with the patch. Wear it as prescribed any you will get a pretty good dose given your tolerance level.

Moreover, how about contaminating a bottle of morphine by "sipping" or adding tap water if there is any truth to this. I have never heard of anyone being prescribed a "bottle of morphine".

On point, don't fuck with the patch. Wear it as prescribed any you will get a pretty good dose given your tolerance level.

Yeah, the kid is probably going to leave his parent or sibling with chronic pain issues with the misfortune of going through withdrawal close twards the end of the month than they have a supply for, but kids are kids.

I only wish I had the self-control back when I was in the same situation to not end up with an insane 300mg/day oxycodone habit the same way, by siphoning off the top of my parent's medicines. Of course its wrong, but this kid is going to have to decide for himself whether or not it is "worth it" for a couple hours of bliss. We are hear primarily to give our advice and educate so that we have less dead new bees around.

Things could easily have gone very bad if he didn't consult the internet and decided that "why a normal person takes 1, I should take 3 or 4." Once again, I've been there before and was lucky to have people at bluelight and other places across the internet to talk some sense into me and give me a good 6th sense about what my body can take.