• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ephedrine vs. Pseudoephedrine

nekointheclouds

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could explian some of the differences between ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. I know they are related, and are both stimulants, so what is the difference?

I ask because I was considering getting some ephedrine online, I used to take it(when it was legal to have in energy pills) to help boost my energy and to help loose some weight. I had very good results using it for those reasons. Right now I take pseudoephedrine maybe once or twice a week at work, and I usually take 180mg or so. But I wasnt sure if it was okay to take it more then that, nor was I sure if it would help boost my metabolism to help loose a few pounds.

I guess the bottom line is would it be worth it to get actual ephedrine? or should I just stick to taking pseudoephedrine? Any insight would be great!

Hm. do you or anyone else know if psuedo helps boost metabolism? I know it suppresses appetite, and it gives me a boost in energy and concentration, something coffee has been failing to help with.

Well, one is real and the other is fake ;)=D.

Ephedrine is better ? IDK, don't think there's much abuse potential with either TBH.

There isn't Bob, we both know this.

Your heart will blow itself to hell before you feel real euphoria.

I know there is little to no chance of achieving any euphoria, I was able to gather that much. I was mostly making sure it would be okay to take more then a few times a week. Like maybe 5 times a week. I'm telling you, taking 180mg. of psuedo at work really helps the day go by faster. But from what I gather so far, I dont think its worth ordering epherdine, and just sticking with the pseudo.

I'm not sure what the people above me are getting at, but Pseudoephedrine is 'not-quite' Ephedrine, and in my experience snorting and taking it several times, it does near nothing. You get strong jittery/anxiety from it, and a runny nose from death. I'm however getting my own source of Ephedrine, so I'll be able to comment on that in the future. Otherwise I have friend's who have done it, and a few pills gave them mild-mid euphoria and tons of energy, they loved it.

A runny nose? I have taken plenty of pseudoephedrine and have never gotten a runny nose. In fact I'm rather sure is used to clear/dry up your nasal passages. But I have also never snorted it, nor do I think I ever will.

A runny nose? I have taken plenty of pseudoephedrine and have never gotten a runny nose. In fact I'm rather sure is used to clear/dry up your nasal passages. But I have also never snorted it, nor do I think I ever will.

I thought it would do that too... It just made my nose run non-stop for days. The first hours from when I snorted it were the worst though, it was literally running like a tap! This was Sudafed by the way, and the only ingredient in the pills was Pseudoephedrine. I did have somewhat sore/aching sinus' at the time, but the results were near instant, so I assume the Pseudo just unblocked them, very effectively.

You are right, no sense in spending more money to get the same feel.

Ephedrine isn't really euphoric, but it's a hell of a lot better than pseudoephedrine as a general stimulant. I use ephedrine all the time for morning energy\late night studying.

30mg of ephedrine is a very helpful boost, 50mg is almost overstimulating, pseudoephedrine is absolutely worthless in this regard as far as I'm concerned.

It may be more potent as a decongestant, but as a stimulant ephedrine is far more potent.

Pseudoephedrine (both dextro and levo isomers) is worthless as a stimulant, you'll just feel sick and have insomnia if you take high doses. I'ts just good as a decongestant if you have a cold.

Ephedrine (the dextro isomer) on the other hand is considered a stimulant, and was given to many soldiers and athletes once, i've tried it many times and it's indeed stimulanting especially if IVd, but there have been many concerns on its possible cardiovascular side-effects.
A few people died from heart failure, however the dose they took and the pre-existing heart condition was unknown.

Pseudoephedrine (both dextro and levo isomers) is worthless as a stimulant, you'll just feel sick and have insomnia if you take high doses. I'ts just good as a decongestant if you have a cold.

Ephedrine (the dextro isomer) on the other hand is considered a stimulant, and was given to many soldiers and athletes once, i've tried it many times and it's indeed stimulanting especially if IVd, but there have been many concerns on its possible cardiovascular side-effects.
A few people died from heart failure, however the dose they took and the pre-existing heart condition was unknown.

Exactly. Someone like me with a naturally low blood pressure (not too low, but pretty low...) should be fine if I'm not being an idiot, shouldn't I? I was told that having a blood pressure so low is a godsend IF it doesn't cause you to "whiteout" or give you lethargy...

Hey, very newfaggish Q... but what's the legal status of Ephedrine? I've read a bunch of stuff online.. but what I understand is that it's legal to buy, but the pills only have 10mg each or something.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but could someone elaborate on this real quick please?

Hey, very newfaggish Q... but what's the legal status of Ephedrine? I've read a bunch of stuff online.. but what I understand is that it's legal to buy, but the pills only have 10mg each or something.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but could someone elaborate on this real quick please?

You can get ephedrine pills pretty cheaply at your local drug store, they're called "bronkaid" and they have 25mg of ephedrine per pill, but they also have a little gaufenesin, but that's not a problem because only one or two pills will give you plenty of energy.

pseudoephedrine is more use in cough related compounds and is not good at all.

ephedrine is good mixed with coffee and alcohol for a good dancing night