Ultra music festival 12

INEED4REHAB

Greenlighter
Started up a ultra thread last tear.i usually start my countdown once the new year hits so bout 2 and half months to go.. Cant wait this will be my 7th and counting.cant wait its always the highlight of my year...ultra is march 26-27 and they just posted the first phase line-up,its missing pvd [the godfather of ultra]sure his name will pop up in phase 2.hit me back with any questions or let me hear some of ya alls expierence.......its much more then an music festival its an expierence.................................................................................................

Since this is about "the experience" and not the aritsts playing im going to shift it on over to the events forum.

EMD ---> NASAE

the lineup this year, at least what has been announced.... surpasses anything from previous years. I will do practically anything to make it to this.

edit: check phase 1 omg the right side is 90 % of my favorite performers.

lineup1.jpg

Last edited:
I have been waiting for someone to make this thread since im too lazy to do it. I already have my 2 day ga pass. The line up is sick already I can only imagine what phase 2 can bring. Alot of people want daft punk, id be happy as hell with them but I sure as hell wouldnt mind prodigy again. Starting the chant for them to come back on stage last year was one of the greatest moments of my life :D

does anyone know if its worth the extra $210 for VIP tickets? ($140 GA, $350 VIP) I'm not drinking any alcohol, just water.

Wow, that's a fantastic line up.

<------ jealous

(for those that would only be able to make it for one of the days, go saturday ;))

trainwreckmolly - I personally dont believe that its worth the extra money. Part of the enjoyment of going to something like this is being in the crowd and being up close and personal. The vip areas are far from the stages so the only main advantage would be the bleachers that for vip only I think.

oh and yeah go saturday if you have to pick, not just because of the line up but because its more for your money. friday is like 5-12, saturday is 12-12.

whaddya'll recomend for sleeping/keeping all ones shit if flying in? or just bum it and bring a backpack with a change of clothes and some cash? id rather not do the latter because im not that willy nilly

well theres a couple of hotels in the area but get ready to pay out the ass. look at the other ultra thread around here.

Looks like a fun lineup. More and more tempted to buy a ticket

who's goin?

Might go one day, glad to see more EDM than that bullshit new wave electro-pop line-up than they had last year.

BTW: In case any one didnt see: Tickets are currently 139.99 for a two day pass, now this may seem good at first BUT!!!! you have to pay a service fee of $35, and get mandatory two day ground shipping, there is no will call, which is like another $15.:\

Im coming with my boy dj stylee swerz... we gotta have the bl meetup!!! are you guys getting a hotel for a couple days? we are getting one for friday night and then bailing saturday night to drive back to NC

bailing after 12 am unless the afterparty has a really good headliner

Might go one day, glad to see more EDM than that bullshit new wave electro-pop line-up than they had last year.

BTW: In case any one didnt see: Tickets are currently 139.99 for a two day pass, now this may seem good at first BUT!!!! you have to pay a service fee of $35, and get mandatory two day ground shipping, there is no will call, which is like another $15.:\

thats is bs and word is the price is going up 20 more for the intial ticket when the next level of tickets sell out. Which will be right after phase 2 is announced.

im glad i have mine already. I paid 192 with shippin and tax and service fee. Does anyone know when phase 2 will be announced?

2 questions..is there an age requirement for Ultra? And than how well do they search you? like lets say i put a bag of beans in between my asscheeks or my gooch do you think they'll find it..im not really trying to sell them, its soley for personal use.

2 questions..is there an age requirement for Ultra? And than how well do they search you? like lets say i put a bag of beans in between my asscheeks or my gooch do you think they'll find it..im not really trying to sell them, its soley for personal use.

No one is going to tell you how to commit illegal activities here.

I already mentioned how they search you previously, so try reading the threads a bit...?

does anyone know if its worth the extra $210 for VIP tickets? ($140 GA, $350 VIP) I'm not drinking any alcohol, just water.

VIP is really not worth it. the perks you get is getting to sit on these couches that they set up away from the stages near the bay. and alcohol which you mentioned you're not drinking anyway. Ultra is all about the crowd, and the experience you have together. VIP takes away from it.

my fourth year going, i feel like i'm graduating! hahaha:)

So whos going for sure as of right now I just booked reservations for a hotel across the street... thanks to toa$t for the recommendation! anyword on the official pre party yet?

Im going for sure, Ive had my 2 day pass since the first friday of 2010