• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

Oxymorphone

Bluelighter
I can update this post later with more solid info but I searched and found it odd there is no megathread for hydromorphone which so I say we make one here, who's with me? :D

This thread needs your help with a well written FAQ and general info write up for the main posts...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is hydromorphone?

Hydromorphone is a potent semi-synthetic opioid derived from morphine. It is approximately 8-10 times as strong as morphine.

Hydromorphone is known in various countries as Dillaudid, Hydal, Sophidone, Hydrostat Hydromorfan, Hydromorphan, Jurnista, Laudicon, Hymorphan, Opidol, Palladone and others.

Bioavailability
Oral: 30–35%
Intranasal: 52–58%
IV: ~100%
Plugging: ? Exact figure unknown but somewhere between 60-90%.

Hydromorphone is most commonly taken via IV due to the intense rush and euphoria it produces unlike with other ROAs. It is commonly accepted that some brands of hydromorphone are on the 'safer' side of pills to inject due to lack of harmful fillers and binders, although injecting any pill is dangerous and it is best to use a micron filter. Without a micron it is best to follow the procedure below

Here is the pill filtering method I have posted over which is great where microns are not practical for users who will inject pills without them anyway and this is the next best thing.

This filtering technique is free, quick, easy and is for the 99% of people who are going to shoot pills without a micron (in this case hydromorphone). It really works at least 50 times better than just sucking up through a cotton ball.

Start by getting the supplies you need: a new syringe, preferably 1ml or 3ml, a cotton ball or other cotton source, a paperclip, and a mixing cap. Wash your hands thoroughly and get started. First uou can remove the needle but that is optional/preference. Most people will have 1ml and 1/2ml syringes lying around, go for the bigger ones, I have found 3ml to be the ideal size for extremely efficient filtering but 1/2cc works well too if that's the largest you have. Now take the cotton ball and cut some strips that can be doubled up and inserted into the barrel of the syringe with a paper clip, you can use any cotton, using one or two pieces form a cotton ball is just a little easier than 15 from q-tips. Pack the cotton down firmly with the plunger to the 30-40 unit line on a 1cc or 1/2cc syringe or .5ml on a 3ml.

Here is a little side step for pre-filtering pills with a lot of gunk and it is also good for very effectively quick filtering pills that don't need much of any filtering (suboxone) or just street drugs. Sterilize an old syringe and remove the needle. Mix up the solution and drop a cotton ball in, press the needless syringe straight down on it creating a firm seal and draw back. It should be pretty well filtered, many times just this is enough.

Anyway whether you prefilter or not, for the best possible filtration with spare supplies you already have just back load the solution to be filtered into the barrel full of cotton, insert the plunger and push through. The result is extremely translucent and well filtered and the best of any home method I have seen, it doesn't compare to anything except for a micron. nothing really gets stuck in the cotton in the barrel either, just remove the plunger and push it down again and the air will force everything remaining out. i generally filter it directly into the barrel of the syringe I'll be shooting with. You can try filtering multiple times with multiple filters like this if you're really paranoid but I have found one done right is great.

Edit 3/2/10: This thread needs a more solid first post. I personally no longer have much interest in hydromorphone (staying clean from opiates, etc) but since I stated this thread I will gladly keep the first post updated and it could use your contributions. I just added some basic things...

Thanks for the help and contributions, I hope we can work together to make this a solid megathread and information base for hydromorphone. %)

Last edited:
sounds good to me mate, make it your own personal project, i'm sure other will jump on board.

my suggestion is look at the other mega threads for a format and try follow them with similar kind of information. as i dont use or know much about dilaudid i'm not much help, nor am i really interested in it to be honest. i will, of course, help maintain it.

ill just edit your thread title

sounds good to me mate, make it your own personal project, i'm sure other will jump on board.

my suggestion is look at the other mega threads for a format and try follow them with similar kind of information. as i dont use or know much about dilaudid i'm not much help, nor am i really interested in it to be honest. i will, of course, help maintain it.

ill just edit your thread title

Thanks for the support! I'll be learning quite a bit about this stuff I suppose which is always enjoyable. I like knowing as much as possible about any drugs I use or intend to use and I think it should be easily accessible to others which is why these megathreads are great. I'll do some research and you're right I'm sure some experienced users will want to chip in. :)

Take an old syringe and sterilize it with alcohol or preferably bleach then rinse it, also wash your hands. You can remove the needle but that is optional, if it is 30 gauge or smaller I would say pull it out

thats my only criticism thus far, never use old needles. i would search for thedankaholics method to put it, it's a lot more solid. actually i'd scrap that whole technique, using old needles isn't conducive to HR

thats my only criticism thus far, never use old needles. i would search for thedankaholics method to put it, it's a lot more solid. actually i'd scrap that whole technique, using old needles isn't conducive to HR

All right then I'll fix that to use a clean needle, this is essentially the exact same method as his, I don't think he's been around in a while. The only reason I mentioned sterilizing an old one using bleach is that it will encourage people who don't have good access to a needle exchange or needles that would normally not want to 'waste' one on this to use this method of filtration which you really can't get any better without going out ordering microns and a small lab. That was my rational for it being in in the interest of harm reduction.

If you sterilize using bleach it really will kill everything and is as good as a new syringe for this purpose since you are not actually using the needle itself, which is the main reason not to ever re-use needles for injection since they dull. My exchange even dispenses needle sterilizing kits that are just a bottle of bleach, sterile water, and a couple of mixing caps along with instructions on how to properly do it for people to have as backup if they are desperate and decide to re-use a syringe to make sure that it is at least sterile, I'll take a picture of it.

Do you think it's fair to say that if you must use a needle that has been used already that it should be sterilized thoroughly with bleach first? I would agree that alcohol isn't enough and bleach should be the standard since it will work 100%, plus we are talking about a needle the person probably just used on themselves the same day. Please give that some thought and let me know what you think. I edited my post to instruct people to use new syringes. If its ok I will add in instructions on how to properly sterilize a syringe if you run out of clean ones and absolutely must re-use one. That in itself could be a good harm reduction topic for IV users that I don't think has been covered.

Last edited:
Do you think it's fair to say that if you must use a needle that has been used already that it should be sterilized thoroughly with bleach first? I would agree that alcohol isn't enough and bleach should be the standard since it will work 100%, plus we are talking about a needle the person probably just used on themselves the same day

bleaching them should only be used as a last resort, we don't want to be sending that kind of message around here if you know what i mean? maybe add a note down the bottom about that method if clean sharps aren't available, as a last resort.

another ROA is the better option, rather than resusing. we've all seen the picture of the needle being reused.

bleaching them should only be used as a last resort, we don't want to be sending that kind of message around here if you know what i mean? maybe add a note down the bottom about that method if clean sharps aren't available, as a last resort.

another ROA is the better option, rather than resusing. we've all seen the picture of the needle being reused.

Yeah, I think for this context since the needle is irrelevant it is ok to mention. Many junkies will just be junkies and IV with old syringes anyway despite the risks since other ROAs just aren't good enough and I don't blame them. if I was desperate and poor like that for a fix I wouldn't want to waste half of it or more if I could help it.

so they might as well at least have clean needles even if they are dull and potentially damaging to the skin/veins. it's not great but I would estimate more people re-use syringes 2-3 times if not more than those who use once and dispose.

The one time I tried dilaudid I had 1mg IV and it was a wonderful rush. The high overall lasted about 3-4 hours, and it was better than an equivalent (or more than equivalent) dose of IV'd OC.

Well I've never IV'd my dilaudid but I've been plugging it for close to a year now. I'd say after all this time it's rare for me to still get a rush, but it does often feel very, very nice :)

And it's about a million times safer than IV.

And it's about a million times safer than IV.

What do you base this on? While Iving pills in general is dangerous there are some that are relatively safe that have few if any harmful fillers/binders especially when filtered well and Dilaudid (I can only speak for the brand name and one of the generics I have tried) is one of them.

Also when done properly IVing is arguably the SAFEST ROA since it has nearly instant feedback instead of delayed response from all other ROAs to some extend or another which can contribute to using too much because the user doesn't feel it right away, takes more and ends up overdosing as a result. I hear about people ending up in the hospital after ODing from snorting opiates and coke way more than from IVing them. In fact, I can't remember a single person I know or am/was acquainted with that ODed from IVing and I knew some Iv users.

Dilaudid 4mg first time

I was given a free "sample" of some Dilaudid 4mg and Im surprised how hard it is to find out legit information on its effect, duration, ect

Can someone fill me in??

Ive been told IVing it is the best way, but there is no access to a needle, so id most likely be injesting or snorting (perferably snorting)

What would be the best decision and how long would this last for me?? Would I feel tired after it has worn off??

The only other opiate i have taken is hydrocodone aka vicodin, but ive been told Dilaudid is much stronger, so id like to know the info. Much appreciated, and btw this site is amazing seriously.

I was given a free "sample" of some Dilaudid 4mg and Im surprised how hard it is to find out legit information on its effect, duration, ect

Can someone fill me in??

Ive been told IVing it is the best way, but there is no access to a needle, so id most likely be injesting or snorting (perferably snorting)

What would be the best decision and how long would this last for me?? Would I feel tired after it has worn off??

The only other opiate i have taken is hydrocodone aka vicodin, but ive been told Dilaudid is much stronger, so id like to know the info. Much appreciated, and btw this site is amazing seriously.

sadly imo the only good use of dilaudid is via IV but if you cant/wont get your hands on a needle the next best venture i would say would be via plugging, which i have never done so maybe someone else can give you methods on plugging.)

snorting 4mg of hydromorphone wont give you a buzz no matter what your tolerance is....i think the BA for insulflation is around 30% so you would only be ingesting 1.5mg

dilaudid is a very strong opiate but the BA in any other way than IV is simply a waste in a good amount of people's eyes. the high doesnt last long either. if you do IV it the rush is incredible and thats what appeals to most addicts however the sustained high is maybe 1-2 hours.

best bet: find a way to plug it and get yourself a rush

hope i helped

-bishop

edit: to the mods: not sure if its a big deal but this thread has a benzo tag instead of opiate (BRING BACK THE SOCIAL ;) )

edit: to the mods: not sure if its a big deal but this thread has a benzo tag instead of opiate (BRING BACK THE SOCIAL )

Noticed that :p

I got 3 1mg shots of IV hydromorphone in the hospital about 1.5 hours apart. The first shot didn't really produce any kind of rush, the second one gave a subtle one and by the time the third one came I didn't really feel much of a rush because I was already feeling like God. :)

By the time I left the hospital I was floating. Went home, popped a 5mg vicodin and that boosted my high soooooooooo nicely.

the rush is fantastic its just that the high afterwards leaves it a less desired drug than most other opiates

First off.. Dilaudid is not a Benzo...lol.. it's a Opiate..

I'm Prescribed it for pain 32 mg's a day.. For a Someone that has just had Loratap/Perc experience i would be very careful..

D is my DOC ( Drug of Choice) IV is the best ROA and produces a incredible rush.. but it can be scary the first time.. it almost feels like your muscles are spasming then complete and udder eurphoria... But it's a step in the wrong direction starting to IV.. it's a personal choice .. I shoot 4 times a day..

If your not going to IV it.. Snort it... Dilaudid's Bio-avaibility ( how much is absorbed by ur body ) is 'bout 50%-55% nasally and only 30-35% orally... Dilaudid sucks an oral medication..

Dosing BE CAREFUL dilaudid has a morphine index of 1/10 ( 1mg of Dilaudid is equal to 10mg of morphine) Start low and work your way up.. U can always do more.. can't take any away..

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dee Dee.. lol.. ;)

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--Sat down with a spoon and a rig and got High"

If you wont' IV ( I won't either), insufflate it. You will definitely feel it pretty quickly after snorting a couple milligrams. The high won't last long at all- an hour or two (tops). You will most likely feel tired afterward and want more...I always do.

I love dilaudid, and I think if you like opiates, you'll like it a lot too. I just read that you've only taken vicodin which is w/o a doubt not even close to dilaudid. Just take 2 mg to start. That should be enough as I'm assuming you have little to no tolerance.

First off.. Dilaudid is not a Benzo...lol.. it's a Opiate..

I'm Prescribed it for pain 32 mg's a day.. For a Someone that has just had Loratap/Perc experience i would be very careful..

D is my DOC ( Drug of Choice) IV is the best ROA and produces a incredible rush.. but it can be scary the first time.. it almost feels like your muscles are spasming then complete and udder eurphoria... But it's a step in the wrong direction starting to IV.. it's a personal choice .. I shoot 4 times a day..

If your not going to IV it.. Snort it... Dilaudid's Bio-avaibility ( how much is absorbed by ur body ) is 'bout 50%-55% nasally and only 30-35% orally... Dilaudid sucks an oral medication..

Dosing BE CAREFUL dilaudid has a morphine index of 1/10 ( 1mg of Dilaudid is equal to 10mg of morphine) Start low and work your way up.. U can always do more.. can't take any away..

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dee Dee.. lol.. ;)

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--Sat down with a spoon and a rig and got High"

im not 100% sure but i thought nasal was 30% and oral was 50%....

can someone verify?

you were right oral is 30 and nasal is 50

forgive me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydromorphone

Thank you for all the friendly and informational answers...i think ill wind up just snorting it tonight. Ill start with 2mg then work to 4.

Btw I had a couple shots of vodka, im planning on snorting in probably 4 hours, would you say this is okay??

Just want to be on the safe side

Thanks guys