• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

thanks john. wuld a bottle of dasani drinking water be good to use? im pretty nervous/excited bout my first IV experience. sniffin dillies was the first time ive ever been fucked off my ass on pills when i was like 14 then next time years later i sniffed and was like wtf

Dasani? Surely you jest! Most people who inject prefer Evian, although VOS is also a favorite.

You want to use bottled water from a glass bottle, never plastic. Also, some bottled water have blue caps, you want the stuff with a WHITE CAP ONLY.

I'm just fuckin with ya. It actually sounded like a dumb question, so I gave you a dumb answer. Clean water is clean water, who cares what brand it is?? I use water from my sink filtered through a Britta filter, I'm sure it fine. If you want to buy clean water try the distilled water from a drug store, that's what I would use if I was buying some.

If its your first injection but you have a tolerance try just one 8mg pill and see how that feels.

Of course, read up on safe injection technique and habits, thats the most important thing. You said it's your first time injecting dilaudid, but I'm not sure if it's your first IV attempt of any kind.

If you're filtering through cotton, it doesn't hurt to double filter (after you draw up your shot, clean the spoon, slowly inject the juice back into it, drop in a new piece of cotton and draw up again).

This will give you a crystal clear shot. Very important when injecting pills.

Ohhh dilaudid. yum. I had to go to the ER for horribly bad period cramps a few months ago and right away they stuck me with an IV of dilaudid, the pain was gone within seconds, and it was a wonderful experience..

I've never seen or heard of it being sold where I live, so I've just assumed it's usually just given to cancer patients/people in the hospital. Same with oxy though, I have never known anyone who has done it or anyone who is involved with it. I can only guess that those drugs aren't really readily available here, and I know most docs around here would never give that stuff out.

So in that case, I can't wait until the next time I end up in the ER

I have a question,I just went through my second surgery on june 4th this year,my pain doc gives me norco 10/325 6 times a day,morphine sulfate er 100 mg twice a day and hydromorphone 8 mg one every 6 hours as needed,I don't take the morphine twice a day because it zombies me out bad,what way can I take these meds to get rid of atleast half of my pain and which meds would work better together,would taking all of them at once be better or taking certain combinations work better and in what way and I have never injected and I do not plan to inject,and I have a tolerance,I have been on meds for about 3 to 5 years,but just started the morphine this year and the hydromorphone 2 months ago and taking them all of them as the doc prescribed them is not helping at all,any info will be greatly appreciated,thanks.

Why aren't you asking your doctor? He prescribed it all to you, if its not having the desired effect why not start by asking him?

Another case solved by John Burrows, M.D.

Hi i have a quick question ..

I have some hydromorphone which comes in a yellow pill with 4 on one side and a D on the other .

How much of this should i take ? I plan on snorting as i have no opiate tolerance

i might have 1 4mg pill left :eek: I went through 30 in a few days....

A short question for all of you here. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as for a technique to get as much of the water you use for IV back into the syringe after mixing. It seems like I lose a significant amount of water when I IV the M4s I have, so I'd like to know if maybe my technique is lacking or if there's a trick I could use or if I should just accept the loss and move on.

be careful with this one. i've used lots of opiates and never much thought they were all that great. i banged 2mg of this.. and used a 30 day supply in 10 days. the rush from this drug is crazy, and i badly want more from a pschological stand point. very scary if you think about it really. in fact i've used every drug under the sun except crack, peyote, mescaline, and ketamine and this drug is the only one that has made me feel this way. i hate looking at pharmacies now. every one of them looks like a giant candy store to me. just a few feet inside a wall is enough pills for a life time.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about that. I completely understand how some refer to hydromorphone as the "crack of the opiates" seeing as even after I do a nice shot of it, I'm left wanting more only a couple hours after dosing. When I do H, I can go at least 4-5 hours before I even get the slightest feeling of wanting more and even then I try to hold out until 6+ hours. Not to mention my tolerance has gone through the roof on these Dilaudids. That's probably the worst thing about them, first couple times 2mgs was fine, then jumped to 4mgs, then after a while that wasn't quite cutting it, so I did like 5+mg, all in the span of 4-5 days.

Ok guys , I have about 10 8mg Dilaudid generic PMS brand small white pills. I have only taken Dilaudid once, many years ago and don't remember if it did much because I had a huge OC tolerance.
Anyways, I am kind off tapering of Oxy's right now for the second time - last time my tolerance was 600mg/Oxycodone per day. Now I don't IV anything, never have and never will I don't think. But right now it takes me about 100-120mg of Oxycodone to get me nice buzz going. How many Dilaudid would I need to get that feeling? and which ROA? I've never plugged, and not really into that. So my options would be orally or snorting I guess. I usually take everything Orally, like my OxyContins I would just chew them up and get ripped, but I prefer OXY-IR anyways. I've never snorted much of anything in my life either, never done coke or anything, i've only ever snorted OC a few times.

What do you guys figure, how many mg's of Dilaudid in order for me to feel it? and if I took orally would it work at all? I also have some HydromorphContin 6mg's - about 60 pills. Only problem is my mom is dishing me out these pills because i'm supposed to be tapering, but i'd like to try and feel what a hydromorphone 'high' is like, just once at least anyway. I think tomorrow she will probably only dish me 24mg's of Dilaudid IR.

What should I do guys? Thanks in advance

i don't want to give you dosage advice because that's beyond my knowledge.. i've never had a habit of 100mg oxycodone

but if you want the rush you MUST IV it. period. but since you are IVing i'd say you need to start small if this is the first and only time you will inject i'd just cotton filter it with a tiny piece of cotton. then hold the tip of the needle to the light and make sure no cotton pieces are left on the needle.

if i were you i'd just do 8mgs and see what happened, but don't take my numbers for it get some other opinions. i could easily see you being able to take 32mg. but of course the only actual responsible way is to start with like 4 and go up, but i guess 8 mg will still get u a rush w/o any negative side effects...

enjoy

The poster above me is right about the only way to really get a rush from hydromorphone is to IV it, but if that really is not an option for you, insufflating is your next best ROA if plugging isn't your thang, ain't mine neither haha, so I feel ya on that. If your Oxycodone habit was that severe, you honestly could eat or snort all of the 24mgs at once and be fine, but for the sake of HR, you should start lower, maybe around 16 or so. I remember doing about 20mgs at once while intolerant years ago, I had snorted and was pretty high, though it wasn't all that pleasant as I remember vomiting about half an hour after I snorted the pills, so I can't imagine even all of the 24mgs could do much harm to you with your tolerance. Better safe than sorry though.

I know what you mean about that. I completely understand how some refer to hydromorphone as the "crack of the opiates" seeing as even after I do a nice shot of it, I'm left wanting more only a couple hours after dosing. When I do H, I can go at least 4-5 hours before I even get the slightest feeling of wanting more and even then I try to hold out until 6+ hours. Not to mention my tolerance has gone through the roof on these Dilaudids. That's probably the worst thing about them, first couple times 2mgs was fine, then jumped to 4mgs, then after a while that wasn't quite cutting it, so I did like 5+mg, all in the span of 4-5 days.
haha, never heard that but true for sure...Dilaudid IS the 'Crack of Opiates'! A rush you can't find in anything from a pharmacy or even the street as far as I'm concerned, and also yes...the two downsides are super low half-life 2.5-3 hours max, but just like crack, unless you wait long enough, you won't really get all the BANG as if you waited 6-7 hours, on work nights, I can, and sometimes do jab up at work (I work graveyard completely alone) but waiting 10-12 hours makes that blast soooo sweet!! and the second thing is you build a tolerance SO fast! I have to shoot 10 times as much as I did just 4-5 months ago when I started! I hear snorting is the next best thing if you are needle shy.

Perdue Dilaudid?

First for the OP, if you have that kind of tolerance to Oxy, 24mg's of Hydro won't even scratch the surface IF you swallow them, as the B/A rate orally is only like 17-20%. Injecting them is an unexplainable difference, but best not to start if you are trying to ween yourself off cause you will fall in love with this shit for sure!8o

I have been getting Mallinckroft triangles and the cold process produces an almost transparent/clear solution. I use a different method than 'shaking' by drawing through cotton first, into this huge syringe with a tip cut almost blunt with no angle, squirting it into another spoon, and filter it with a piece of cotton into the rig I'm gonna put in my vein, and it works great as I used to cook them and the solution was so cloudy it was scary.
Now, I got this script with two P's on one side so I'm assuming they are Purdue? Whom from what I have read, is the culprit responsible for these new Oxycontin that turn into a rubber ball when they touch liquid or saliva making it impossible for you Oxy folks to shoot or even snort or chew for that matter.
But they must be trying the same shit with the Dilaudid/Hydromorphone now as even with the cold process, I am getting this super cloudy solution almost as bad as when I used to cook the 'M's'! They must be putting something in them that dissolves in cold water and clouds up the solution, trying to discourage IVing them!
Does anyone know what this is all about? Has anyone gotten Dills with the 2 P's on the back? If so, WTF is it, and is there anything I can do to get it out of the solution? I certainly can't go back to the Doc or Pharmacy and say 'Hey, I can't shoot these fucking thing's, gimme the others!'
I was seriously thinking about cooking them to see what happens. I have used them twice so far with no side effects/reactions to speak of. man I'm lucky this is my 40 count script (that I get from a friend, hence no lable with MFG name on it) and not the 90 count I get for other pain issues (all legit BTW with 3 surgeries and stacks of medical records [and bills]ha ha)
ANY help, ideas, information, experience etc. would be greatly appreciated! I don't think even a micron filter would do it, as there is literally less than half the binder residue left in the original spoon/cup as there is with the Mallickroft's.....HELP!!!:X

Last edited:
I've gotta say that after a few days in the ICU and IV dilaudid I was given the choice of pills or IV. The rush of IV is awesome but after two hours it was gone and I was back in pain. The pills have a milder onset but they last so much longer so I stayed with the pills for the rest of my stay (I know, I know IV opiates rule- but I could only get them every 4 hours). I snorted them but would rather just eat 'em than snort 'em. I do love dillys and they were the only thing keeping me sane in the ICU. By the way- does anyone else hallucinate hard on IV dilaudid?
YES, hallucinations come with extended use every 3-4 hours ie.>>>Hospital, I saw people outside my 5th floor window at night ha ha, and lots of other shit too! I should have kept my mouth shut as the nurse skipped me every other dose after that! But it doesn't happen if you're crushing pills and injecting them unless you dose in that quick succession.

Are you talking about the blue 8 mg dilaudid triangles with an "8" on one side that is kind of cut in half down the middle, top to bottom.....and on the opther side there are two weird shapes that kind of look like "p's" or "e's"???

the ones im talking about are made by " Abbott Laboratories".