• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

"Oxymorphone",

Yes, I don't want to waste the pills -- I'm running out of Dilaudid (only got about 18mg. left). I have never IV'd; had heard a lot of stories of starting and not being able to stop, eg., heroin. I'm not going to start. So, regardless of the addictive potential or lack of, of respective meds, I'm not going to do that. Course, if I was f'd up and had a needle handy, I just might. Hell, I used to smoke crack addictively, but I never ended up banging powder.

I don't want to snort it b/c I imagine that I'll do too much (6mg's) and just vomit again. I've snorted pills before such as Xanax, but I'm not experienced with dosages for ROA with Dilaudid. Guess I'll take about 6mg's Dilaudid and ram it up the poop shoot. Glad I happen to have a few latex gloves around. lol. Hopefully, that will do it. I need to get high. This may not be appropriate to say, but the alternative lately have been thoughts of suicide due to major depression. ANd, yes, I'm on a couple of different anti-depressants, but they have ceased to work well. Guess that happens when you've been taking them for 21 years. The doc knows and we're working on a solution. In the meanwhile................

Do you have any other thoughts or things I need to know about "going South" with the pills? Do I just stick them in? 8o

Thanks, T.

If you don't IV now then don't, you're right.

Rubber gloves? Haha, Jesus no. You dissolve the pills in water then normally suck it up with a syringe without a needle, insert, and spray it in. If you don't have a syringe you could probably use something like a small eye-drop bottle (clean it out, enlarge the hole so solution sprays out, pour the dilaudid solution in, insert, spray). A nasal spray bottle would probably work too they are just larger. Search for the plugging FAQ/megathread.

Also you said you were worried about taking too much intranasally- plugging/rectal has a higher bioavailability, probably somewhere around 80% so it is 2-3 times as strong as oral, so reduce your dose accordingly.

results

OK, thanks. I'll read the "butt-plugging" 8)recommendations. I guess I'll use about 2-3mg's based on my lack of tolerance. I'll evaluate the feeling and adjust accordingly.

And, most importantly, I'll let you know in the next couple of hours how it turns out. I know I'm always curious about other people's experiences "practicing medicine.":D

I plug dilaudid pretty much every day and can attest to how great it is. If you're new to it you should certainly get a nice rush, followed by a few hours of the warm & fuzzies, or just generally feeling good.

But after a year, I have naturally developed some tolerance. But I don't understand it, since it's not simply a matter of requiring more drugs to get me high.

For example, sometimes (like a few days ago) I plug 4mg and still get a nice buzz. But tonight, over the course of 90 mins I plugged 40mg and feel almost nothing.

At 8:30 I plugged 16mg and after laying there for 45 mins completely unaffected, I plugged another 8mg. Half an hour after that I still felt nothing so decided to go for broke and see what would happen if I plugged another 16mg.

Well, that was about 45 mins ago and I still feel nothing.

How can this be??

Great method for prepping Hydromorphone Pills for IV

I am going to share my favorite method for prepping Purdue D4's for IV injection.

This method will work for Mallinckrodt Hydromorphone pills, but since they are much larger (more binders/fillers) you can only use a maximum of 4 pills instead of 10.

What you will need:

- 3cc Luer-Lok Syringe (X2)
- Dental Cottons
-0.2um/0.22um Micron Filter (Wheel Filter)
- Sterile Water or Saline Solution
- 1cc Fit to boot with

WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST!

First I take 6 large size Dental Cottons, wet them with Sterile Water and put them into the barrel of the 3cc syringe.

Take your 3cc syringe and backload some Sterile Water, insert plunger and press the cottons down tight, but not too tight.

Finely crush up a maximum of 10 Purdue D4 pills (if more are used the solution gets to sludgy) and backload the powder into the 3cc syringe packed with cotton. Now add (backload) 130-140 units of Sterile Water, insert plunger just enough that it locks into the barrel and shake like hell for a few minutes.

Now take your second (fresh) 3cc syringe remove plunger and attach the Micron Filter to it. Now take the 3cc cotton packed syringe with the shaken solution and force it through the cotton into the back of the 3cc syringe with the Micron Filter attached. Make sure to press the remaining sludge very well with the plunger to get all the liquid possible from it.

Now take your fresh 1cc syringe that you are gonna boot with and backload it with the 3cc syringe with the Micron Filter by pushing the solution SLOWLY through the filter and into the back of the 1cc syringe. The 130-140 units of Sterile Water that you started with should end up being approximately 90 units when the process is finished.

You know what to do from here!

NOTE:

In the unlikely scenerio that you need to prepare more then 10 pills for your shot you will need an extra 3cc syringe packed with cotton. Crush up however many more pills you need up to a maximum of 10 once again and add powder to fresh Cotton Packed syringe.

Now take your first Cotton Packed syringe with the shaken solution in it and instead of backloading your Micron Filtered syringe with this, add it to the second Cotton Filtered syringe with the finely crushed pill powder in it. Add 10-20 units of Sterile Water then once again you need to insert the plunger just until it locks into the barrel and then skake.

Now proceed by backloading your 3cc Micron Filtered syringe with the shaken solution, filter into the 1cc fit and bang.

I forgot to mention that the method I posted above works very well for Heroin (powder) too. Use half the amount of water stated above and a 1/2cc fit to boot with.

Well my Dr just switched me over to Dilaudid as my breakthrough pain medication, and while i have lots of experience with dilaudid in just about every ROA, the one i've never tried, and really want to, is plugging, if i can take about 48mg dilaudid orally, and like 16-20mg iv, how much should i plug?

but yeah when i did the math and figured out he prescribed me 34 grains of dilaudid i almost shit myself.

I've never plugged D's myself, but try starting with 36mg and see how that does you.

How long does a hydromorphone shot last for you?

Soooo, I get my hands every month on 60 12mg Hydromorph Contin capsules, and 100 8mg dilaudid tabs via prescription.

I use to shoot heroin a fair amount, but only really got to the point of using it daily, instead of all day everyday. I always injected. I was injured and recieved a legal prescription for the above mentined drugs. I know inject these. Is it just me, or does heroin have much longer legs than Hydromorphone? Its been about 3 years since I shot dope, so its hard to rememer. But it seems to me that when I use to do that, I would be buzzed for about 4 hours, then well for another 2, then probably another 3-4 before withdrawal would set in. So a shot lasted me for about 10 hours.

With this hydromorphone, I find I get a way better rush, a wicked buzz for 2 hours, but it starts tapering off rapidly after that, and at about four hours, I am ready for another hit. My pain always returns within 4 hours and I start getting coldsweats. At 8 hours, I am in full withdrawal.I always do 5 hits per day atleast, but usually 6. I may get a hefty prescription, but it doesn't last long when doing 5-6 shots per day...Any other similer experiences?

Soooo, I get my hands every month on 60 12mg Hydromorph Contin capsules, and 100 8mg dilaudid tabs via prescription.

I use to shoot heroin a fair amount, but only really got to the point of using it daily, instead of all day everyday. I always injected. I was injured and recieved a legal prescription for the above mentined drugs. I know inject these. Is it just me, or does heroin have much longer legs than Hydromorphone? Its been about 3 years since I shot dope, so its hard to rememer. But it seems to me that when I use to do that, I would be buzzed for about 4 hours, then well for another 2, then probably another 3-4 before withdrawal would set in. So a shot lasted me for about 10 hours.

With this hydromorphone, I find I get a way better rush, a wicked buzz for 2 hours, but it starts tapering off rapidly after that, and at about four hours, I am ready for another hit. My pain always returns within 4 hours and I start getting coldsweats. At 8 hours, I am in full withdrawal.I always do 5 hits per day atleast, but usually 6. I may get a hefty prescription, but it doesn't last long when doing 5-6 shots per day...Any other similer experiences?

it's been a while since i've experienced the high from dilaudid.. maybe you should send me some and i'll get back to you on how it compares to heroin and other opiates ;) .. lol jk.
but i do remember that the rush is nice but the high doesn't last too long.. maybe 3 hours after injection?? that's just a guess. it's been a while. i've been on suboxone for 3 years and i've stayed clean the whole time so i haven't done any other opiates besides the subs in a while.. wish i could help more :\

I'm not sure about the deal with receptor affinity competition between morphine and hydromorphone and would be interested to know which one binds stronger to mu and delta receptors at equianalgesic doses. I know I have to stop taking my script of morphine IR for a good 12-16 hours or more just to even feel a buzz from an IV dose of hydromorphone. Has anyone else experienced this case?

Mods, feel free to move this to BDD or ADD as needed.

I've never plugged D's myself, but try starting with 36mg and see how that does you.

36 mg? i dunno who this post is intended for but thats a alot!!

oh my bad. U could even plug 60mg if you can iv 20mg bro. I used to snort 80mg, but the most I could ever bang is liek 35.

I've been using dilaudid for over a year, plugging every day and the most I've ever tried at once was 32mg, and that was just to see how high it would get me.

The truth is, for almost a year 8mg up the pooper was plenty to give me a nice buzz. Now, 18 months later, I feel almost nothing from it. Sad.

I'm curious? How many others out there have been using our drug of choice daily for over a year?

I'd love to know if it's still giving you a buzz.

You are gonna kill someone dispensing that kind of advise. Start with 4-8mg MAX especially a new user. You can always do more, you can't take it back.

I'm not sure about the deal with receptor affinity competition between morphine and hydromorphone and would be interested to know which one binds stronger to mu and delta receptors at equianalgesic doses. I know I have to stop taking my script of morphine IR for a good 12-16 hours or more just to even feel a buzz from an IV dose of hydromorphone. Has anyone else experienced this case?

Mods, feel free to move this to BDD or ADD as needed.

Yep, dilaudid's seem to be easily blocked by other substances. Even a small dose of sub's will block them completely for quite a while and even other opiates, H in particular block the effects for a spell.

You are gonna kill someone dispensing that kind of advise. Start with 4-8mg MAX especially a new user. You can always do more, you can't take it back.

New User?

He already takes 48mg's orally and IV's 16-20mg's.

Read the thread before you talk shit!

ok! absolutely no opiate tolerance, i've used many in the past just not recently, just came to posess three 4mg hydromorphone pressed pills. Should i take two right off the bat and then boost later with the third or just start with one and see where that gets me?

New User?

He already takes 48mg's orally and IV's 16-20mg's.

Read the thread before you talk shit!

Sorry, you didn't quote that, you just threw it out there in a post. My bad. Better question would be why bother to plug it all if he's already banging 16-20mgs?

ok! absolutely no opiate tolerance, i've used many in the past just not recently, just came to posess three 4mg hydromorphone pressed pills. Should i take two right off the bat and then boost later with the third or just start with one and see where that gets me?

In pill form hydromorphone is not considered the greatest opiate recreation wise unless it is IV'ed. But with no tolerance it should have some good effect for you if you snort it, I would not take them orally. I would probably just rail 4mg's to start off with to test how you feel. If you feel ok an hour later maybe do another 2-4mg's.