• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

hey TRO, don't be a cunt. Micron filter these or end up like James Fogle.

Edit: whatever. you can't help people who won't listen. There is a real life example of someone shooting large amounts of these pills throughout a lifetime, who is currently dieing because of it and nobody will listen.

all of ya'lls "friends" who did this and were fine are in for a terrible surprise when they start hitting old age and their lungs start failing.

i see what you're getting at but its pointless to try to preach to anyone via internet. and just to put this out there...my uncle has been shooting D's (cold shake) since he was 13 (he is 56 now) and he hasnt had any lung problems what so ever

not to say alot of people wont...

Here in Canada we have the generic 'PMS' imprint one side and 1/2/4/8 on the other side depending on strength (mg). And of course the brand name Dilaudid triangular ones. They are the best, easiest to crush and people prefer them much more for IV (easier to work with). I prefer them to snort because they're a larger pill than the generic 'PMS', so I can spread out 8mg of powder in 4 lines the size I'm comfortable with. Once my tolerance rises a bit more though I guess the smaller ones would be better (once I'm doing more than 16mg) - to get more in my system faster (once again, insufflated).

Hey guys, I need some help, I have an 8 mg Dilaudid and 28G insulin needle. How do i safely I.V these pills/ How much should I do

(I have no tolerance to opiates right now and im looking for a good first time experiance.) I am experienced in oxycodone but not the hydromorphone pills.

Do you guys really get anything out of Hydromorphone any other ROA than IV? Several years ago before I started using the IV route, I tried snorting them and swallowing them and never ever got anything out of it. Only like a weak stomach ache if I remember correctly. And I tried this with the K4s and both the white and yellow K8s.

Now by any means, I am not saying to go out and IV them at all. I actually recommend you guys not. But that is the only way I have ever felt any euphoria at all from them. Now I prefer them to a lot of other things actually. I just always found that weird, I remember snorting like 21mgs once and not getting anything at all.

But anyway, I am just curious because I have heard different things.
I never bothered with any RoA aside from IV until last year when there was a steady supply of 4mg tablets around and my friends took to snorting them. I've found that I needed at least 10mg just to feel the faintest of effects, and more like 20-30mg to catch a decent buzz. But I only did this when free lines were being offered to me, since I could get a much better high—not to mention the delicious rush—by IV'ing a 8-12mg shot. So every single tablet of mine was booted without a second thought~

Hi,
I was hoping someone could answer a question for me.
Are there two types/sizes of generic white hydromorphone pills?
I have been getting these small ones for a few months from a friend who has cancer. Fairly small & easy to crush, dissolved very easily in water.
Then suddenly this week, the pills are different & he says because they are "generic" but he gets Medicaid so I'm pretty sure anything he gets would be generic. The new ones are definitely Mallinckrodt, they are larger, have an 'M' and '4' imprints. They suck. Very hard to crush & when water is added they produce a huge amount of goopy white stuff that I assume is filler. Any idea why they might have switched to these ones?
Thanks..
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.DrugDetails
http://pharmaceuticals.covidien.com...opicID=192060&page=Pharma:Model/190901,190906
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrip...archtype=ActiveIngredient&OrderBy=LabelerName
http://www.drugs.com/imprints/m-4-489.html
As you can see, Mallinckrodt only makes one version of their 4mg tablets, and they're quite nice and easily prepped for IV use. There are a couple companies that repackage them as generics as you can see on these results for 'M' '4' imprints on hydromorphone, but the tablets themselves are all still the same thing, coming from Mallinckrodt. If the change to Mallinckrodts isn't to your liking, I'm curious to hear what the tablets from previous prescriptions were like.

Hey guys, I know that self serving threads are frowned upon but here goes;

I am getting an 8 mg Dilaudid pill tomorrow, the last time I used opiates was about half a year ago when I went on an oxy binge, I was able to do a full oc80 but right now my tolerance is basically 0. I am 18, weigh 178 pounds. Please spare me from telling me how dangerous this is becuase there is nothing thats going to stop me from doing this.

1) How much should I do ( I want my first ever IV to be an amazing experiance so dont give me the lower end of the amount)
2) the needle that i have is " U-40 1Ml/CC with fixed needle/ 28G" is this fine to put in my arm?
As for (1), I can pretty confidently say that you won't even get close to a potential OD or anything if you just blasted the whole 8mg all in one go, but there's a decent likely-hood you'll spend some time hanging out with whatever nearby container you can grab to puke into. So you might want to get two hits out of the 8mg tablet, since a 4mg shot should give a moderate rush, and a 6mg hit should be more in the zone for what you're hoping to get out the experience while leaving a bit leftover for another booster hit. And if you manage to miss a vein or somehow otherwise botch the first shot, you haven't just lost your entire 8mg so you can take another stab (hurr, hurr) at gettin' a nice hit done.

In regards to (2), a 28G 1mL/cc rig should be just perfect for your needs. Just please use a fresh rig on your first IV attempt here, since dealing with dulled spikes causes a lot of potential issues, and tends to make the injection process significantly more challenging depending on how blunt it is...

I have done it for about 2 years now and have noticed the same thing. When I did my oxy I could go 8 hrs and be good but with the d it wears off quickly, pretty much your only into if for a first initial rush. I do now 3 4mg tablets at night to help my sleep with my pain and during the day 2 4mg maybe 3 to 4 times a day. You do the math it adds up and is deff not where I started. Been trying hard to cut it down to make it last but it isn't with out difficulty

Hey,I have the 12mg Exalgo's.And ya,with the white part,all I do is get a razor and carefully shave off all the exalgo up into litttle curly shavings.Then I add about 1 1/2-3 ml of water to a shot glass,add the exalgo shavings or pieces or whatever you can do to get it into little pieces.And I keep swirling the glass till its all dissolved.It will be cloudy and a bit slimy or whatever.And I usually plug most of it,and use an eye dropper to snort the rest of the liquid.And lemme tell ya...its great.

I'm getting a bunch of 18mg hydromorph contin (capsule with beads), I've heard various methods for crushing the beads, my question is can you shoot this certain pill formulation of hydrmorphone?

Every time I see this thread & read the title, I think of the movie Drugstore Cowboy where they rob a pharmacy & get powdered Dilaudid............

Last edited:
1) How much should I do ( I want my first ever IV to be an amazing experiance so dont give me the lower end of the amount)
2) the needle that i have is " U-40 1Ml/CC with fixed needle/ 28G" is this fine to put in my arm?

Yes it sounds like the needle you have is fine, as long as it is somewhere around 5/16 - 1 inch long, and it is a little bit large in gauge (28) but not overly so, just many prefer 29-31g. Also you should do a lot of reading on here and other sites about how to do it properly if your gonna go through with it. And make sure you are sterile and clean with everything!

As for how much, that's really hard to just answer man. Everyone is different, not to mention your tolerance is basically unknown, because while you said it is 0, if you have used opis in the past it never really goes all the way down. If you were an IRL friend and wanted to do this I would advise that you not go beyond 4mg for your first try, and this might even be to strong. Too strong in terms of killing you or knocking you out? Probably not, but again, we can't really know. If you wanted to play it a bit safer, do 2mg. I know for a fact that is where a lot of folks jumped in, and they got plenty of a taste, and I'm pretty sure that is the "standard" starting dose in medical settings. You can always do more, but never less my friend. Be careful.

is the 1/10 ratio solely for IVing or does it apply to other ROA's as well? I take around 100mg of morphine orally to get where I need to be, but I want to plug the Dillies to get the most out of them. I want to be safe, so I thought maybe plugging 4mg to start would be OK, and if I don't feel it in an hour or so, plug another 2-4mg. Any thoughts on the safest way to do this? I could snort them too, but I really think plugging would be the way to go for these. By all accounts, eating them is a waste of time, just like the morphine. I eat my morphine, cuz there er's, and its too much of a pain to do it any other way.

So, I'm a chicken, or just very cautious, I just snorted 2mg and am waiting to see where that takes me. I'll save the plugging for tomorrow when I have a little more time and privacy. Would still appreciate some input from the experts though:)

Last edited:
Plugging dilaudid has the same BA as taking orally. Snorting 2-4mg should be right enough for you. I personally snort them cuz I woul have to take more to ease my pain than snorting. It's strange but I would have to take 10-12mg orally to be ok, but I can snort 6-8 and feel better than if I took more orally. But yeah, if you wanna get more out of it, just snort it seeing if you take the time to plug you coulda just popped em lol

Hello, I have just been given one tablet of hydromorphone, 1mg. I have a moderate opiate tolerance. What is the best way to take this, plugging or orally? Is it a decent first-timer dosage? Thanks!

With a moderate tolerance you are unlikely to feel anything from taking 1mg of hydromorphone orally. Your best bet would be to snort them as the bio-availability is much higher. Thats at least how I take my dilaudid.

Agreed. I've never seen 1mg dilaudid pills although I have heard rumors of their existance.

I've only ever come across the 2's 4's and 8's. But I agree too that snorting it would probably be your best bet.

Thanks folks! The 1mg pill may be unique to Canada, not sure. So just crush and snort, OK, will try it. Do I need to rub off the outer coating first?

Dilaudid comes in 1, 2, 4 and 8 mg pills here in the US as well, no? I thought there was a 3 mg pill also but I guess not.