• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

I enjoy the endorphin releases and read this thread entirely looking to maximize it
Not exactly how consuming exogenous (if you will) opioids work :)

I know the smart thing would be to continue to use as dosed and administer it orally to keep my tolerance in check for as long as possible from what I have read.
This is true. Especially as you are already at the very strong hydromorphone and have legitimate pain. People who need and are prescribed pain killers are the ones who can most ill afford to become extremely tolerant or labeled an abuser.

Will prolonged administration by way of plugging these bastards fuck up my butt or have any other undesired side effects?
The change in alkalinity can have some unwanted side effects but occasional use is much safer than IVing.

Although there is a lot of confusion, it seems snorting it may have a quick onset, but the fillers/binders get in the way and the half life is way shortened and the nose will have problems eventually. Plugging gets more absorption and that warm blanket feeling, but again, the duration is shortened. Banging it is for the rush and will definitely take me down a road I do not want to get trapped on (Thank you Mr. Burrows). Do I have this part correct?
Kind of. The half life is not shortened but the duration is. See attached graph I drew. Plugging can be thought of as nasal.

Attachments

• picture.jpeg
    picture.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 203
Probably the only thing you need to do if you are going to plug HM is to have regular bowel movements and drink a gatorade or other electrolyte drink at least 3 times a week.

Thanks. Figured I might try plugging for special occasions and for the experience.

Skipped one dose today of HM and replaced one does with hydrocodone today to have some spares to play with.

Tonight, I took 8mg of HM (maybe 12, I wasn't sure if I took the second one so I made sure I had more than 4mg on board). Added 700mg of Soma and 1 benadryl and my cymbalta. Added a trip to the hot tub.

No fucking pain and a nice nod. Eyes having trouble staying open. :)

"I'm in heaven... heaven...

I am sure the Lakers could use this combo right about now. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I will try plugging the dillys next time then if that seems to work better? Whats a good amount of MG's to start with?

I've gotten ahold of 5 2mg dilaudids. I usually snort about 10-20mg of opana depending on how high I want to be. I haven't had any opana in months, but my tolerance hasn't gone down much. Lately I've been cweing vicodins and have been dosing at about 50-80mg per dose. Recently I drank about 200mg worth of the time release hydrocodone syrup and went through 2 of the 300ml bottles (if I recall correctly) in a couple days. I'd say my tolerance is mid level. Enough history though. I have an RN friend willing to shoot me up for my first shot ever. What should my dosage be for a first time dilly shooter. Would a half mg do me well? I'm hoping to stretch this out as long as I'd like. I'd use a dosage calculator but I'm on my blackberry and none work :(

Doing a CWE on 8 Norcos which equals 80mg of hydrocodone get you higher or a better high than just taking them with the tylenol in it?

I think I will try plugging the dillys next time then if that seems to work better? Whats a good amount of MG's to start with?

It really depends on your size and metabolism, but usually people find a nasal/IV dose of 2-4mg to be a good starting point, so the same dose plugged should be fine as you get about ~30% absorbtion, similar to oral though effects set in much faster. If you plan to take it orally--which doesn't have the greatest recreational effects, you can pretty well multiply the dose by 1.5 or 2 (3 would technically be on par, but less is better to start with), whatever you feel more comfortable with. However you may want to start on the low end of the spectrum just to be sure. I'm about 5'10"/5"11 and weigh 155lb and when I started (no tolerance) I found 4mg to be fine and I still got a good experience out of it.

Last edited:
short answer: yes. Those are name-brand dilaudid and they contain very few soluble fillers/ binders BUT pills should always be micron filtered.

Hydromorphone can come as Generic (IR 1,2,4 mg tabs) Dilaudid (1,2,4,8 mg tabs IR) Jurnista (up to 64mg ER tabs w/ OROS) and Hydromorph Contin (ER formulation - similar makeup as MS Contin)

Not sure of your location pharmacopia, but in Canada we have 8mg generic IRs. (by PMS/Pharmascience)

Also, the HydromorphContin doesn't gel like our MS-Contins, and the HM-Contin are in capsules rather than SR tablets/caplets which MS-Contin comes in.

Dilaudid is a brand. I'm pretty sure it has just instant release. As for other preparations of hydromorphone there are definitely ER versions but I'm not sure if they actually gel up or not. The one in Canada is called HydromorphContin and I know it is called something different elsewhere but can't recall what.

Hey Amapola! Would the other similar ER version of Hydromorph which is similar to our HydromophContin be Palladone? (US version which was discontinued due to dose dumping when combined with ethanol, different dosages...4,8,16,32mg; I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.)

OK, my pharmacy is phucking with me. They were out of the white M4's that I usually get and gave me twice as many orange P2's.

The P2's leave a waxy orange residue in my pill cup when mixing with water. Although they dissolve quickly, that coloring concerns me when insufflating because it is not a coating and is throughout the pill.

Is this safe for intra-nasal use or should I look at another ROA(plugging only?) until I can get my regular meds back? I don't want to look like I just snorted an umpa-lumpa.

Neepanoid

Neepanoid, I wouldn't be too worried about the colorant. Some of the colorant is soluble and some isn't. If you stirred one in water, you'd see a yellow solution from the yellow soluble colorant while the red is left behind (red/yellow=orange). To answer your question, with nasal dosing I wouldn't be too worried about that stuff, it'll probably come out in the drip and you'll end up swallowing it, which was it's inteded purpose. No biggie!

Amapola, sorry for multiple posts, I'm just not sure how to quote multiple times. Feel free to rearrange if need be. Thanks!

to much of those dilaudid pills for me the day before yesterday and no good high... just wanted to take more, and did just to get that nothing fucking matters feeling and still nothing!!.. just would most likely end up overdosing on it, chasing nothing that was ever there with the first 8mg pill I took.

never shot it yet.. is that really worth trying?
really unsatisfied with oral form of it :/

ended up with alot of norco today and just did a cold water extraction, 80mg and drink it down with some beer on the side ..the high is way more like author Jerry Stahl said about heroin, "makes you feel so good, you feel like calling the phone company and telling them what a good job they're doing." lol!

Have u ever tried shooting anythnig else before?

There is a thread in Other Drugs with correct Iv procedure and prep. Look it up. Everything you need to know is in there.

Here is an interesting article from Medscape.

Bioavailability and Pharmacokinetics of Intranasal Hydromorphone in Patients Experiencing Vasomotor Rhinitis
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/493398

Some excerpts:

Results: Maximum plasma concentrations were 3.69 and 3.38 μg/L for treatments B and C, respectively. Mean (% coefficient of variation) bioavailability of intranasal hydromorphone was 54.4 percent (34.8 ) and 59.8 percent (22.1) with and without pretreatment, respectively. Pretreatment of rhinitis did not significantly affect the rate or extent of absorption of hydromorphone in this study. There was not a significant difference in bioavailability between treated and untreated rhinitis.

Rectal administration of hydromorphone has been evaluated in healthy adults and found to have low bioavailability (33 percent) with wide interindividual variation (1065 percent). Factors potentially influencing rectal bioavailability include poor absorption from the rectal mucosa because of high ionisation, small rectal surface area, slow release from the suppository, reduced contact with the rectal epithelial tissue, and first-pass elimination.

The huge variance of over 1000 percent rectally would explain the wide range of plugging results reported here.

Just a FYI as I was doing some more research.

Last edited:
another article contradicting the rectal bioavailability of hydromorphone.
http://jcp.sagepub.com/content/27/9/647.abstract

Hydromorphone has an absolute bioavailability of 51.35 +/- 29.29% and 36.33 +/- 29.60% after peroral and rectal administration, respectively.

*note: The sample used in this study was only eight people and by most standards would be considered statistically insignificant, but supports some peoples contentions that plugging may not be the way to go for guaranteed results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2453226
The absolute bioavailability after peroral administration was 50.7 +/- 29.8 per cent, and that after rectal administration was 33 +/- 22 per cent.

Last edited:
GuestUserCurious said:
oh shit thanks i hate technology sumtimez i cant figure out this site
The OD Directory will have the Injection Megathread and all the more important and commonly referenced threads as well. It can be found in my signature or at the top of the Other Drugs Forum. I'll PM this to you as well in case you can't find this thread again ;)

from all this mess, i think 2mg plugged of hydromorphone would be the best way for a non-tolerant opiate user to dose? edit: other than IV.

can anyone with real experience just tell me if that is true? quoting numbers is pointless because everyone is coming up with radically different percents.

edit:
yes, 2mg plugged is a great non-tolerant dose.

Last edited:
Have u ever tried shooting anythnig else before?

I've been using opiates daily for 5 years. Until this past January it was either oxy or subutex snorted or sublingual. My dealer was out of blues and only had dilaudid so I bought a few 8s and decided to get some rigs since I heard they were so good. So I prep 8mg register on my first try ever iv and wow best feeling of my life.

Since then I buy dillies everytime unless he's out of them and only has blues. I also only iv my drugs now have not done any other roa since then except sublingual subs.

Moral of the story is don't I've dilaudid unless you want to become an iv user long term it's just so fucking good and blows oxy out of the water.

Also iv dillie will sky rocket your tolerance I used to get a kick ass rush from 4mg iv and now my minimum shot is either 8mgwith a oxy 30 mixed or 12mg of plain dillie. This gives me a nice rush however to get a spectacular rush I need 20mg+ and it's still not quite as amazing as that first 8, though I doubt anything ever will be. The closest I've come to replicating that is the one time I did a 36mg shot.

Dillies are the absolute best and I am in love with lady D