• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

doses

I currently take a daily dose of 64 mg, 8 mg every 3 hrs for nerve pain and some other issues, i know this is a lot, but havnt been able to find another drug to equal the analgesic levels of hydromorphone, but taking so often sucks.. does anyone have another alternative, drug and amount that would be equivalent with less dosing?
thanks for the imput.

I currently take a daily dose of 64 mg, 8 mg every 3 hrs for nerve pain and some other issues, i know this is a lot, but havnt been able to find another drug to equal the analgesic levels of hydromorphone, but taking so often sucks.. does anyone have another alternative, drug and amount that would be equivalent with less dosing?
thanks for the imput.

switch to oxymorphone maybe? it is stronger than hydromorphone. imagine it like hydrocodone<oxycodone.
You could get on Opana ER and Opana IR's for BT or even stay with the hydromorphone for BT if you like it and it works when you need it.. but personally i would go for oxymorphone. Have you tried it?

switch to oxymorphone maybe? it is stronger than hydromorphone. imagine it like hydrocodone<oxycodone.
You could get on Opana ER and Opana IR's for BT or even stay with the hydromorphone for BT if you like it and it works when you need it.. but personally i would go for oxymorphone. Have you tried it?

Methadone is the best pain medication for neuropathic pain.

Methadone is the best pain medication for neuropathic pain.

oh cool, i was just thinking a step up from hydromorphone with oxymorphone but if methadone works best than that would be the way to go.
You learn somethin new everyday.

4-8mg sounds about right, yeah.. or is this a trick question? lol
Because i would assume you know more than me about it, so it feels like a test, and i fail tests haha.

not a trick question. this was my first time trying hydromorphone. i guess im wondering what 8 mgs snorted would be equal to in say oral hydrocodone.

also how long do the effects typically take to come on snorted?

not a trick question. this was my first time trying hydromorphone. i guess im wondering what 8 mgs snorted would be equal to in say oral hydrocodone.

also how long do the effects typically take to come on snorted?

google is your friend lol im sure you can find those answers yourself, im gettin tired i been up all nightt

8mg oral hydromorphone is equal to about 32mg oral hydrocodone for snorted i would double that to 64mg to be safe. BUT IT MAY BE MORE. i used a narcotic converter and they dont give you the opttion to choose if you snort your meds lol.
and effects should last around 8 hours 6 if snorted.

Last edited:
exactly theres no option for snorting lol. but i did not find 8 mgs snorted anywhere near as strong as 64 mg hydrocodone, i dont think it was even as strong as 32 mgs.

exactly theres no option for snorting lol. but i did not find 8 mgs snorted anywhere near as strong as 64 mg hydrocodone, i dont think it was even as strong as 32 mgs.

i was just being on the safe side.. i didn't want me to be the reason you die because i tell you something is weaker than it really is lol sorry.

How to make your very own dilaudid nasal spray

I posted this little creation of mine a while back in its own thread and thought it would be a good idea to copy it here so it can forever become part of the megathread:

----------------------------------------------------------

How (and why) to make your own dilaudid nasal spray

So i've been monkeying with dilaudid (hydromorphone) on a daily basis for well over a year now and have done my fair share of learning and experimenting (props to Bluelight and the entire community, without whom I would still be in the dark). While my favorite roa is plugging, snorting ain't half bad and from what I read a lot of folks here enjoy it too.

In fact, nasal dilaudid is so effective, clinical trials are taking place for an official hydromorphone nasal spray (even the doctors are coming to realize that taking this stuff orally is a waste of time). Simple, potent so easy even the general public can figure it out.

So I decided to make my own to try out. Here's what I did:

- First, i found a reusable nasal spray bottle that can be opened and refilled. The cheapest one was a simple, pump action saline solution meant for clearing out the sinuses. Perfect.

- Since a saline solution is the perfect "carrier" for the hydromorphone, I grabbed a pack of Neti Pot saline solution refill packets so I could easily make more at home.

- I crushed up 2 or 3 8mg dilaudid pills. I find this to be more than enough "active ingredient." of course, after experimenting you are welcome to season to taste.

- I made a cup of saline solution using the packets and warm (not hot) filtered water. From this, i drew about 10ml of solution from the cup and squirted this into the pill crusher where my powdered drugs were waiting (this is enough solution to fill half the bottle. I could fill the whole thing but I prefer to make a fresh batch more often).

- after thoroughly mixing the solution and dissolving the crushed pills, I drew it up back into my oral syringe and then squirted it into the empty nasal spray bottle (easier than using a funnel).

And that's all there is to it. For my purposes, i find that with this particular concentration, 3 or 4 blasts is enough to ease withdrawal and give me a slight buzz. What's best is that this gives you the easiest, safest, and most effective way to snort dilaudid ANYWHERE, ANYTIME without anyone knowing!

This sure beats having to crush up and sniff an entire pill at random when you need a hit (which is what I had been doing to beat withdrawals while at work). With the spray, I can just take as many blasts as I need until I get the desired effect - more like measured doses. Since intranasal works so quickly, it only takes a few minutes before I know If my one or two sniffs was enough - If not, pump out a few more.

Any way you look at it, I'm saving a lot of product, and this method of snorting is also safer and more comfortable than just sniffing straight powder.

Feel free to chime in with any suggestions or comments!

Alright, I've read this entire thread and it gives lots of conflicting info.

Rectal BA is listed by different people from 30% to 90%: anyone want to give me an accurate number with a source?

I see that insufflation is ~55% and oral is ~30%, this is pretty consistent with most morphones, so I don't see how rectal BA would be as high as 90%.

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

It is varied per person. These both seem good and middle of the road.

http://jcp.sagepub.com/content/27/9/647.abstract

The absolute bioavailability of hydromorphone was investigated in eight healthy male subjects by a cross-over design (with washout period of two weeks) after intravenous (2 mg), peroral (4 mg) and rectal (3 mg) administration of hydromorphone. The use of saliva hydromorphone concentrations as a noninvasive technique in pharmacokinetic evaluation was investigated, and the clinical effects after the three routes of administration were determined. Hydromorphone has an absolute bioavailability of 51.35 +/- 29.29% and 36.33 +/- 29.60% after peroral and rectal administration, respectively. More side effects were observed after intravenous administration of hydromorphone than after rectal or peroral dosing. The saliva sampling for the hydromorphone concentration was found to be a useful noninvasive technique for the estimation of the elimination half-life of hydromorphone.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...+on+Saturday,+5th+Mar+between+10:00-12:00+GMT

The pharmacokinetic properties of hydromorphone in healthy young male subjects were studied after i. v., peroral, and rectal administration. After i.v. administration the following pharmacokinetic parameters were found: elimination half-life 2.36 ± 0.5 h, hepatic extraction ratio 0.51, apparent volume of distribution 2.9 ± 1.3 L kg−1 and volume of central compartment 0.23 ± 0.2 L kg−1. The absolute bioavailability after peroral administration was 50.7 ± 29.8 per cent, and that after rectal administration was 33 ± 22 per cent.

Ama, thanks for linking those, but I read both doing my own research, and it just confused my more. Those figures are consistent with what I've read/ seen but jive with anecdotal evidence supported by several members who have posted in this thread.

I assume when people say 90 it is due to the quick onset which is somewhat surprising and therefore the effects are exaggerated. From the first study extremes someone might have an oral of 20% and a rectal of 55% with a better rush. It is reasonable to assume they would associate rectal much closer to an IV rush than eating it and base their subjective B.A. at 90%. Nevermind that that was only 8 subjects so variability could be much greater.

Some people feel the need to justify plugging as well due to the negative stigma so they might claim "it was soooo worth it" etc.

There are lots of reasons and I would trust the studies more than some excited people who found out plugging works and want to convince others to try it.

So you've been prescribed exalgos or jurnistas?

or you bought some weird looking "dilly" off your dealer which is orange?

you scrape off the coating and theres this other really hard clearish coating and underneath one half is white the other is black??

you dun fucked brah.

well say you want too IV these horrible monstrous hybrids of dilaudid and concerta?

ok ;)
easy.

once you've scraped off the coating.
Cut the pill in half, dead centre along the line between the white and black halfs.

once you're done scrape off any black shreds still on the white half.

now attempt too peel off the clearish outer shell.

Once that's gone you're almost there:)

Now crush up your white half and throw it in about 40-60cc.

it may gel slightly, this is normal.

Now stuff a cotton ball down one of your syringes.
Pour the solution into this "filtration syringe"

now squirt it out into your spoon/cotton whatever.

you now have a slow hitting IV solution of hydromorphone for your enjoyment/relief

please bee careful folks.

Dillies were the first drug I ever IVed. It is by far the best rush you can get from a pill. But the part that sucks is the fact that the high afterwards just doesnt last.

I have since quit IVing but now am thinking of moving to plugging. Still weighing the pros and cons......

I have heard that the bioavailability of dilaudid as listed on a few popular sites out there is mistaken (most notably rectal admin).

Common sense and from reports by people "in the know" says that rectal is second only to IV.

Having done this drug every day for the last two years, and with all means of ROA, it def goes (from worst to best) oral, nasal, rectal, IV.

But forgetting about numbers, I personally felt plugging gave the most desirable effects. With IV, after the rush I would essentially feel nothing. When plugging, I'd get a nice 15-20 min "mellow rush" as it began to take over, and then very nice "warm and fuzzy" high for several hours.

Highly recommended.

This method DID work!!!!!!!!!

So you've been prescribed exalgos or jurnistas?

or you bought some weird looking "dilly" off your dealer which is orange?

you scrape off the coating and theres this other really hard clearish coating and underneath one half is white the other is black??

you dun fucked brah.

well say you want too IV these horrible monstrous hybrids of dilaudid and concerta?

ok ;)
easy.

once you've scraped off the coating.
Cut the pill in half, dead centre along the line between the white and black halfs.

once you're done scrape off any black shreds still on the white half.

now attempt too peel off the clearish outer shell.

Once that's gone you're almost there:)

Now crush up your white half and throw it in about 40-60cc.

it may gel slightly, this is normal.

Now stuff a cotton ball down one of your syringes.
Pour the solution into this "filtration syringe"

now squirt it out into your spoon/cotton whatever.

you now have a slow hitting IV solution of hydromorphone for your enjoyment/relief

please bee careful folks.

Thank you for this method!! I came into some of the exalgos and was like oh great its a time release piece of crap!!! Well boy was I wrong! I came across this method and thought to myself oh hell ill give it a shot considering I got them for free. I followed it step by step. I crushed the final product(the white piece) in a mortar and pestle to get it as fine as possible. It gelled slighly. but very little! I used about 90units of water for it and then mixed the soltuion very slowly. I let the solution sit for about 10 minutes. Then I used a micron filter and the solution was clean and clear with no gel. I then shot it and to my surprise I got the most amazinging rush from it and an amazing buzz going! and still going. =D
This method does work!![/U]

I am not one to say a method works if it does not! But you must follow the steps exactly. And need to get the clear coating off! But It works works works! but it does take some patience and a steady hand.

I give this a two thumbs up!!