• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

mmmm......i may get a single 8mg to bang my next upcoming needle sesh (two point powder dope)......this thread totally just inspired this great idea :) (no sarcasim)

After leaving the jurnistas in water, the white liquid left over containing the hydromorphone is kind of gooey. Is this OK to shoot?

Has anyone else found Hydromorphone to be especially devoid of nausea? i'm an occasional user and find that 80% of opiates once i'm high enough to feel traditional effects I get nauseas, Oxycodone makes me nausea, dihydrocodeine makes me sick as a dog. But codeine and hydromorphone I feel tight and grounded, no spins my stomach feels good, massive appetite.

Everyones favorite Oxycontin just makes me want to chill and play video games, but i'm so nuked that i'm dizzy so I have to chill my eyes and I end up having to lay down every 20 minutes just to catch myself in the spins.

But Hydromorphone just feels more body oriented and good feeling and less heady and flush inducing which just feels like a too muchedness for me.

I've never had hydrocodone to compare but I imagine it to be right where I'm at with my weekend all night chill outs. knowing that hydrocodone converts to hydromorphone in the body how comparable are they?

i never get sick from dilaudid. not once. but i also never really get sick from other opiates. actually i have a few times(dont remember the drug(s)) but i remember enjoyiing it cuz i was high.....hehe.

on another note.....i cant believe you have never taken hydrocodone. thats hard for me to fathom. anyway, i would think you actually would get sick from hydrocodone because most people I know do and I think I have before as well.

anyway...good luck.

Dilaudid addict(now on MMT|)and an intro to myself

This is just my experience but I never felt nauseous,even the first few times I did dillies.I got 3 4mgs from my doctor for a real 3 day migraine..I signed for the 3 pills and casually said"Can I get a needle with those?".I didn't know which kind t o get,if they came one at a time,I had never even seen anyone shoot up before!She says"This isn't how your doctor wants you to take these",I say I know and she very,very begrudgingly gives me one and says never ask me for one again.
I have had previous(recent) addiction to codeine and was in so much pain I thought one 4mg would do.In addition I've had past addictions to weed,alcohol,codeine,MDMA, crystal meth,crack,ketamine(dear ketamine),and took pretty much very other drug that came my way.But for some reason I had never IVed anything or seen anyone do it.
So I did everything I could remember from movies I had seen,found a vein and seconds later-I was in the closest thing I could imagine to nirvana(I'm buddhist so I've often thought about nirvana).After that I could not imagine taking any other drug any other way.I was addicted the first time;and fortunately(or unfortunately) at the same time I found out my mother was put on 220 4mg of dillies a month,that she paid $5.00 for!
Three months ahead-within a week of all day I'm physically addicted too and now shoot up all day,using around 20-30 mgs a day.Skip 6 to 7 years later-I get about 90% of her script on a monthly basis.She gives me about 50-60% and the rest I steal. She's lucky to get 10-20 pills a month even though she takes them for chronic pain.After a yearor less,I don't care,I don't care about anything but getting my daily fix and a small something for thr the morning,which somehow never gets saved.And even with all of moms pills I always need more-there's never enough. ye
Now I have on methadone for 1 and half years and it was the best gift from the universe(and health system) I could have gotten.But whatever medical,medicinal help someone may get,you still need to be ready in body,mind, and spirit,otherwise it won't stop you from relapsing.And you can't stop for someone else either,or the courts,intervention,etc.,etc.YOU have to be ready for YOURSELF whatever that reason may be.

balletgirl, you need opiates to function, yes. opiates give you live, they actually enable life in you. but please, PLEASE (!!!) don't steal opiates from other people who need them. that's just... i don't know... i'm speachless. that's very very bad. i think that you need the dillies just as much as your mother for her physical pain (you need it for your psychic/mental pain, some people might call that "addiction", it should be treated with opiates, but most people think that taking a drug is the addiction, no, the addiction comes first, then comes the drug-use). but get your own source. don't steal her meds.

get your own source, please. it's your mother! i mean if she gives you 60% of her script AS A GIFT, then yes, take it. but don't steal any pills. 8o

balletgirl, you need opiates to function, yes. opiates give you live, they actually enable life in you. but please, PLEASE (!!!) don't steal opiates from other people who need them. that's just... i don't know... i'm speachless. that's very very bad. i think that you need the dillies just as much as your mother for her physical pain (you need it for your psychic/mental pain, some people might call that "addiction", it should be treated with opiates, but most people think that taking a drug is the addiction, no, the addiction comes first, then comes the drug-use). but get your own source. don't steal her meds.

get your own source, please. it's your mother! i mean if she gives you 60% of her script AS A GIFT, then yes, take it. but don't steal any pills. 8o

i bet you would be unimaginably suprised at the things people do who are dependant on opiates. maybe not, but by the way you are posting, i would guess you havent witnessed dozens of people commiting hundreds of different illegal acts that are far worse than what you are telling "balletgirl" not to do.....all in the name of gaining a fix....you know, getting high. Theres ALOT of bad shit going on out there that I think you need to witness before you preach like this to some girl. Im not saying your wrong, im just saying that maybe you should just tell her its bad and leave it at that. If you are truly so devoted to telling addicts what is wrong and right, then like I said, maybe you should try talking to all those people I alluded to earlier who would rat out there own family member to a gang whos gonna kill them just to get some dope(or some similar scenario) before you go all crazy on some girl on BL.

Just a thought. I could be wrong.

For those of you who are opioid dependent and use IV hydromorphone, how often do you have to IV dose in order to keep from being dopesick.

I know some opioids (like methadone) can be dosed just once a day to keep from being dope-sick since the half life is so long.

However, I know that dilaudid (esp. IV) has a very short duration, so I am wondering how often you would have to dose this in order to keep from being dope-sick. Thanks.

For those of you who are opioid dependent and use IV hydromorphone, how often do you have to IV dose in order to keep from being dopesick.

I know some opioids (like methadone) can be dosed just once a day to keep from being dope-sick since the half life is so long.

However, I know that dilaudid (esp. IV) has a very short duration, so I am wondering how often you would have to dose this in order to keep from being dope-sick. Thanks.

I IV the 8mg dilaudid pills daily, but unfortunately im not gonna be able to tell you how often you need to dose to feel OK cuz I also wear 2 100mcg fentanyl patches all the time. I get the dilaudid every 4 hours so im pretty much ALWAYS doped up now.

But you are right about dilaudids duration. So I would imagine that if you were dosing the 8mg's like me you would have to redose every 8-12 hours to feel OK. Because even though the high wears off fast, it still is working as a painkiller longer than that.

Is it safe to mix up a shot of 4mg Dilaudid and then combine the solution with heroin? I tried Dillys for the first time today but the high was way to short. The smack i get is pretty damn good so im thinking make up a shot of Dilly and then use the solution to cook up a ten chunk of heroin? Mainly im asking, is the shot going to give me the fat ass Dilly rush and the long high of heroin, and is the Dilaudid solution going to get fucked up if i use it to cook up with?

But you are right about dilaudids duration. So I would imagine that if you were dosing the 8mg's like me you would have to redose every 8-12 hours to feel OK. Because even though the high wears off fast, it still is working as a painkiller longer than that.

8-12 hours?... no way, 6 tops amigo. I'm getting sick at 8 hours... puking my guts out after 12.

Is it safe to mix up a shot of 4mg Dilaudid and then combine the solution with heroin? I tried Dillys for the first time today but the high was way to short. The smack i get is pretty damn good so im thinking make up a shot of Dilly and then use the solution to cook up a ten chunk of heroin? Mainly im asking, is the shot going to give me the fat ass Dilly rush and the long high of heroin, and is the Dilaudid solution going to get fucked up if i use it to cook up with?

I used to do this alot.

Prep ur dope the way u would normally and leave it in the spoon. Take the finely crushed D's and add to the dope spoon then mix well without using any heat. Now draw thus thru a cotton and enjoy.

^^
I'm guessing u don't bang 'em?...

When HM is IV'd the duration of effect is significantly reduced.

^^
No shit?... r u a heavier dude?

Sounds to me like your body metabolizes HM slowly... I'm the total opposite of that. I'm a naturally lean guy with a fast metabolism, my body metabolizes all drugs very fast.

^^
No shit?... r u a heavier dude?

Sounds to me like your body metabolizes HM slowly... I'm the total opposite of that. I'm a naturally lean guy with a fast metabolism, my body metabolizes all drugs very fast.

no...im 6 feet tall and normally weigh about 155. Ive been an athlete my entire life. Ive always had an extremely fast metabolism. Also, I only weigh 125 pounds now cuz of a recent spinal infection I had...it was so painful I couldnt eat for 2 weeks straight.

Plugging is the best way, don't risk it trying to shoot it up when you don't know how to filter it.
hits faster, quicker acting.
Its not gay if our balls don't touch.

I've been on dilaudid for over two years now to treat back pain (8mg pills). I get 180 per month, the max insurance will allow.

I started by plugging, since I had read that the oral bioavailability was so low. Plugging dillies was the most wonderful high of all; it was like being wrapped in a warm blanket. It felt great. But after a year and a half, almost literally overnight, my tolerance got in the way and I suddenly started to feel nothing.

I tried everything - increasing the dosage, using more (or less) water, shifting positions, singing Elvis songs - nothing worked. I knew the only thing left was IV, a line I promised myself I would never cross.

But hey, what fun is a line unless you leap over it?

So here I am, about 6 month later, shooting my beloved dillies 3 times a day.

The rush, which converts withdrawals into "feeling normal" is pretty much all I have to look forward to. The pills don't get me high anymore, no matter how many I take; I often wonder why I still bother, since I don't get anything out of it. I guess its the ultimate habbit!

For whomever asked, here is the life of me and an 8mg dillie:

- shoot, smile
- 5-6 hours, pain slowly starts to creep back in
- 6-8 hours, withdrawals beginning
- 8-10 hours, I really need a fix
- 10-12 hours, I can barely function without a new pill!

I haven't gone longer than 12 hours between hits, so I can't tell you what its like... But I'm sure even the most underdeveloped imagination can figure it out.