• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do promethazine pills potentiate vicodin?

jrey

Bluelighter
I have 3 vicodin (5 mg hydrocodone) and tons of 25 mg promethazine pills. I will only get a buzz from the three vicodin so im planning to pop some promethazine pills with the vicodin, but i don't know if it will potentiate it or not. If the promethazine will do anything, how much should i take? and will it be like a promethazine/codeine syrup high?

Last edited:
Try taking one promethazine pill for every hydrocodone experience you want.

-> BDD

I think promethazine is quite possibly one of the greatest medications ever. It does potentiate and also takes away the yuckies.

How much should i take with the 3 vicodin tho? i was planning on poppin 4 of them.. i dunno if thats too much.

Last edited:
100 mg of promethazine is too much. Take one 25mg before taking the vicodin pills, wait and take another one if you're experiencing too much nausea and/or itchiness. 50mg is a strong dose, promethazine is quite potent (although YMMV).

Whatever you do do not mix anti-psychotics with any of your recreational drugs.

It blocks the action of dopamine = Deleting the euphoria.

It potentates the pain blocking, not the euphoric effects.

Please use an better anti-histamine, for instance, Doxylamine.
Please do not use benadryl to potentate opiates, it's just not smooth enough and will dirty-up the high.

Whatever you do do not mix anti-psychotics with any of your recreational drugs.

It blocks the action of dopamine = Deleting the euphoria.

It potentates the pain blocking, not the euphoric effects.

Please use an better anti-histamine, for instance, Doxylamine.
Please do not use benadryl to potentate opiates, it's just not smooth enough and will dirty-up the high.

The euphoria is not just due to dopamine so thats BS. Promethazine is a more of a sedating anti-histamine than an anti psychotic anyway, so its dopamine inhibition is neglegable. Promethazine is gemerally regarded as potentiating all opiates by making the nod more intense. If you like your high to be really mellow, sink into the bed, sleep for a day kind of experience 25mg promethazine before and another 25mg during will go down nicely. Works good with codeine too :)

Why do you think they put this in codeine?

It deters abuse by blocking the spontaneous release of dopamine cause by the Mu-opioid receptors.

If you do not believe me, try to get high off of codeine and promethazine, and watch how your little nod is out of this world, BUT LITTLE OR NO EUPHORIA.

I have got high of them both actually, about 50 times so i think i can say it definately doesn't stop the euphoria. It blocks HISTAMINE receptors, its a piss poor dopamine inhibitor, thats why its used as an anti-histamine. Ever heard of Dilaudid? Can get it with cyclizine, which is a similar med and i'm positive has been used for its euphoric action many, may times.

Cocaine= Dopamine, Opiates= Opioid receptors

Opiates stimulate the opiate receptors, you are true to this part.

Now, the euphoria that is pesent is caused in part by a release of dopamine.

I'm all with cyclizine, but not promethazine.

I do oxys with cyclizine, and that is the shit.

There is a decrease in pleasure and increase in pain management with promethazine.

I'd say 25mg of the prometh, and definitely no more than 50. I made the mistake of taking 125mg, at first it felt decent (very sedating, minor euphoria) but then I started getting really weird feelings in my muscles, really hard to explain but basically i had to keep stretching my arm muscles out or it felt like they were cramping horribly, i searched google for a few hours and found another report of the same thing happening, though i'm not sure why. I'd say pop the 3 vics and 1 prometh, and have a fun time :)

also; i've never heard of promethazine blocking the euphoria, if that were the case why would people seek out codeine with promethazine ("Lean") instead of just codeine pills with cwe?

Its very sedating because of antihistaminergic and dopamine blocking effects...so it'll potentiate sedating effects from Vicodin, but not the euphoric properties.

yes promethazine potentiates opiates to the extent that it mainly adds to the sedation /nodding... but don't take too much promethazine as it can render u delirious in high doses (IME upwards of 300mg)...
i used to potentiate my morphine with 100mg promethazine, 400mg hydroxyzine and some benzos... made for a good noddddd... ahh those were the days...

Finally some of us can come through on this.
Low doses of promethazine are fine, but higher doses has always made me more sleepy and less euphoric.
I would still recommend anti-histamines with no dopamine blocking actions.

I use 100 to 200mgs Promethazine, sometimes more, when about to kick. I find the effects of it starts about two hours after ingestion. Works best combined with a strong Bensodiazepine.

Decreasing the euphoria? People can get euphoric of just watching their opiate of choice in front of them or just thinking of what they have and can use. But now I realize it defeniately does.

Personally I think anything that potentiate opiates is good. It keeps the tolerance lower and polydrug-abusing is much funnier anyway. When You get use to it You'll need so much of the gear to get off of it that it's almost no idea.

People who needs Promethazine for allergy may use it constantly for maybe a half a year or more. If it would decrease their dopamine-associated euphoria in a worthy ammount it would be well known and doctors would not prescribe it for that purpose.

Last edited:
Doctors use low doses of thorazine for that too. And it's in the same family of drug.
I think I know this quite well. Good day, sir!

It will dull the euphoria.
It only potentates the pain-killing effect.

Last edited: